shape
carat
color
clarity

marquise pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Hi there . What u all think of this pic of a Marquise? I have great specs so far but the dealer has no sarin machine. He sent several photos. This first attached here is using darkfield lighting in the scope. I dunno what that is done for though. :)

mardark.jpg

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
This one is through an idealscope. I thought it looked rather poor here but am not sure.

mariscope.jpg

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
This one is through a hearts and arrows done for fun as the seller wanted to show the symmetry.

marha.jpg

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
this one is in room lighting. What u all think?
26.gif

mar01.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well........i think it looks crooked in all of those pictures
but, i didn''t sleep well today and i''m a little fuzzy
37.gif
so maybe that''s it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture via H&A viewer is straight the others tilted, so no wonder the cntour is not symmetrical.

But this stone is wonderful: picture perfect symmetry, great IS, no bow-tie to speak of... Really ! Where is it comming from ? There isn''t much more left to ask from a marquise, and this nice ones are definitely not the norm.

About the IS - yeah... well, marquise cuts do not fill it with red & black anyway. There is an example for refference on the Ideal-Scope site.

Judging from those pictures, I don''t think this piece could dissapoint, especially if you like the shape - and that is the most important part about marquises, as far as I can tell. If you do like the shape and proportions of this one, there isn''t much room for improvement there. IMO, at least.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys !! By the well Belle the symmetry is Very good almost impossible to find in a Marquise! I thought it looked crooked to at first but I trust the cert!

It is an E
vs1
and I went over budget I think it will be worth it!!!
30.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly

Photographing diamonds is a difficult accomplishment.

For sure this stone warrants at least your personal inspection of it, or that of an independent who can provide you with more information about it.

I can tell you one thing from the pics, that is that the stone in person will probably look at least 10 times better than photographs.

As long as the seller is willing to send it to an appraiser, or if you choose the DIY method, will accept a return and refund less the shipping costs, I don''t think you''ll be dissappointed.

Rockdoc

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Roc Doc-
I think u r right I am going to get it! My dealer actually recommended I send it to an appraisor and your name came up as no one is in Los Angeles. What is the turnaround time if I have him send it to you to be my "eyes".

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2005 6:08:28 PM
Author: Kimberly
Roc Doc-
I think u r right I am going to get it! My dealer actually recommended I send it to an appraisor and your name came up as no one is in Los Angeles. What is the turnaround time if I have him send it to you to be my ''eyes''.

Hi Kimberly

Turn around time is usually 48 hours.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results