shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise ideas - new slant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
ok...here we go...!

We''ve had threads on marquise, and I''ve got the pictures, and almost wearing the t-shirt!

I have 2 marquise, one is 8x4mm and somewhere between deep green and jade green, it''s difficult to describe, but stunning and flawless. My second is a pastel yellow diamond, which sparkles like crazy, and this measures around 6x3mm.

I''m thinking three ideas - either set the two together in one ring, get a third stone and set three together in one ring (think AJ and her multi stone ring coming from Julia) OR get a third stone and make simple bezel stackers.

If you had to choose a third stone, which colour would you pick? I''m leaning towards something raspberry pink? tourmaline perhaps...do they get cut in marquise?

Ideas? I''ll dig some pictures out, but not sure if I can add the green - it''s not a natural gem - but it''s a not a ''common or garden'' pretend gem either! . Maybe I can just label it ''green''!

1.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
With a deep(er) green and pastel yellow I''d get either blue (marquise sapphires are not that hard to find), orange (spessartite, malaya or hessonite garnet, although it might be tricky to find marquises) or brown (garnet, zircon, diamond, again not easy to find marquise) as the third color. But I''d be careful about the tone of color, since you already have one darker stone and one that''s pastel, so a middle tone might be best to balance it all. Or you could get another yellow diamond and use those two as side stones to the main stone, since the existing yellow is already smaller than the green.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I thought about a third pale yellow stone...but how on earth to match it for colour...or perhaps not even try to...hmmm

I never thought about brown - but that could look really rather nice.

A rich peachy orange sounds good to, as perhaps a good alternative to the pinky peach.

I almost had a blue sapphire in a perfect size from Dan, but it had been snagged already
8.gif

I prefer the idea of three colours to mesh, rather than oppose, so blue, brown, peachy - all might work really well, to keep it 'chic'!!

<---I'm going a huntin' later for a pale yellow intsy diamond in a nice 2:1 ! I will keep my eyes peeled for something in a different 'species' too!

1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at my colour wheel, my guess is you might be able to do orange and red.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I reckon if I finally decide to do three different colours...which I leaning towards, the choice might well be the earthier colours...

The green is gorgeous, but not bright, nor emerald green, and looks amazing next to the pale yellow diamond.

Chrono, I love the idea of a red in there, an earthy but mid tone brown''ish red...which takes us nicely to orange tones!

many thanks
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results