shape
carat
color
clarity

Marley and Me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
**Tried posting in The Library**

Read this book about 2 years ago, and just reread it this week becasue the movie is coming out soon...

I love how it reminds you of all the great things and feelings that a pet can provide, and what it truely means to feel unconditional love.

Has anyone else read it? Your thoughts? Are you going to see the movie? Who with (family, DH, FI, BF)?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t read it, but my mom spent quite awhile trying to get me to! Too many books (and TV..... and movies........), too little time.

I''m fully planning to see the movie. Probably with FI and our friends, we all see all our movies together!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
One of my favorite books, and my students who read it all love it too! I can''t wait to see the movie, and hopefully dh will see it with me!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
I read it and loved it! Such a cute book. My boss just got a new lab for her b-day and named her Gracie.
Yep I will definitley check out the movie!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not yet read it, but for years everyone who heard about my Lab said that I had to do so. My Lab died in January. I recently picked up a copy of Marley and Me in the bookstore and started to read about the good dog that the author had as a child. I decided that I would take the book out of the library and save some money, which I did. The only problem is that I didn't read it before it had to be returned!

I know from the description of that good dog the author had, that Marley is going to be a bad dog, like Biscuit, my dog. I will always love Biscuit, but there are a lot of people who would probably like to have seen him euthanized years before he had to be for his own good! He was just confused about what his job was and what he was supposed to guard. He bore no one any malice and was truly sweet and gentle. Once someone was in our house, he was a welcome guest. Anyone was also welcome to enter by our back door. We had a bit of a problem about the front porch and front doorway, though. If a stranger came to the door and had had not been let fully in (i.e. the door shut behind him), Biscuit felt he had to defend us from him. If he got loose, he also seemed (at least once) to think he had to guard us from joggers in our street. A warning nip to the throat wasn't too bad, was it? He was just trying to help, after all. He never did any real damage!

What can I tell you? He was 110 lbs of pure muscle. He could scare anyone to death But inside the house my daughter and her friends were always safe. I spent thousands on a dog trainer....

Tonight the new Cocker Spaniel leapt up onto the kitchen table; knocked over my Mango lassi; and started to drink it. I thought that once I stopped having a giant dog who could rest his head on the kitchen table my problems with dogs and stealing food with be over! No one told me I'd find a small dog standing on the table!!!!

Deborah
34.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Marley and Me was a really cute book, I recently saw the episode of the Dog Whisperer where they were trying to train their new lab, I think her name was Grace? I thought that John Grogan and his wife were adorable, I was glad I caught that episode.

You should pick up a copy of Merle''s Door--it was a FANTASTIC book and made me rethink some of my own training methods. It''s definitely not a training book, just a book about Merle and life with his owner...it''s good stuff!

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
I love this book! One of my favs. I originally bought it because our lab is named Marley, but it really is a wonderful read. I love the part about the lab wiggle. Now I need to dig it out and read it again! :)

BTW if you're into cars/racing at all or even if you're not...The Art of Racing in the Rain is also a good book (told from a dog's perspective).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sweet, quick read. My mom, who is not a reader, adored this book, so much so that I gave her my copy.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that others have enjoyed this book as well.

FI has a 95lb black lab, that we both adore. His name is Tyson, and I love the way he''ll tilt his head, like there is absolutely nothing going on behind those eyes, but he knows he loves playing with you, and sits beside me until I grab his ball and walk outside. It''s a great feeling!! He stays at FI''s parents house since our apt only allows pets under 15 lbs, but we will definitely be getting him back once we get a house, and neither of us can wait!!

I''m interested to see Jenn Aniston and Owen Wilson as the Grogan''s... because I''m not sure I see it. More Aniston, but not so much Wilson. I picture someone like a Ben Affleck.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I LOVED that book! It is so cute. I do have to admit, though, I did not finish it. I read until poor Marley''s stomach gave him trouble the second time and couldn''t read anymore. I just knew he was going to die and I couldn''t handle it. That book had me bawling a few times. Like when she had the miscarriage. *sniff sniff* I had no idea there will be be a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results