shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark T vs Whiteflash vs GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gracie007

Rough_Rock
i have been reading this for awhile gathering up courage to buy a diamond online..it seems that the three that are the most talked about here are Mark T, whiteflash and GOG. I would like to see which one gets the most votes...Which do you think I should use?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all great. I guess it depends on what shape you are looking for??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
All three are great vendors and I don''t think you could go wrong with any of them. Many times it comes down to who has what you are looking for in stock.

gracie007

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a 1.6-1.9 cushion cut

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should add James Allen to that list, too. They have a good return policy, a 3 yr. buy-back, and a good trade-in, too. I like the ones you mentioned, but WF, for example, simply didn''t have enough diamonds that met my specifications at this time. So you sort of need to see who has the closest diaminds to what you''re looking for.

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
While I haven''t yet bought a stone (hopefully soon!), Mark T has been absolutely fantastic, answering all my questions and I have confidence in him - keep in mind I''m in Aus so returning a stone would be a huge hassle. I''m a bit of a ring-zilla at the moment and he''s been very good about it! I did email GOG who didn''t have any stones within my budget.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well in that case (cushion 1.6-1.9), it is quite likely all of those won''t even have one...so you may as well check with them all to see if any of them have one. I had trouble finding a good selection in the 1.5 round category and cushion will be harder.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you can ask for votes to determine who you'll use. It's all about who gets you what you want and provides the service that you want...

And there is no ps rule that says you can't deal with all three of them and see who gets you want you want. It's all about you Gracie!

And I think I've mentioned that there is no reason you can;t look at blue nile to see a healthy list of virtual cushions and see if you can narrow it down (by the numbers which is a gamble. but it's somethin')

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
with a fancy shape stone like a cushion, you are going to have to have something called in regardless of who you work with so i would call around and see who ''fits'' with you best.

robtali

Rough_Rock
In terms of service and quality of what I was looking for, I can give my vote for Whiteflash. I was looking for a round .75 carat, and WF was great. I don''t know about what stock they have in cushions, but I do know that they will take your phone calls and discuss the advantages/disadvantages of each stone with you to make sure you get what you are looking for. That''s what they did for me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 3:10:03 PM
Author: gracie007

Hands down, Mark T ... have you checked out Winnie''s ring? Fatguy''s? Fatguy has a thread today about his new micropave halo cushion ring from Mark T. That guy KNOWS cushions.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 5:29:33 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 1/23/2006 3:10:03 PM

Author: gracie007

Hands down, Mark T ... have you checked out Winnie''s ring? Fatguy''s? Fatguy has a thread today about his new micropave halo cushion ring from Mark T. That guy KNOWS cushions.

I agree, if I were looking for a cushion, I''d call Mark T, first and foremost, also Jonathan at GOG.

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
I also put my vote in for Mark T. Since he''s in the diamond district he has access to the diamonds without having to charge you to "call them in".

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree Mark T certainly does find the most amazing cushions. I have fallen in love with eveyone that he has found.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
for a cushion, my first call would absolutely be to Mark.. followed by GOG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if it''s about us voting...it''s about who fits your needs the best.

For cushions..I''d check out GOG and Mark and see what WF has to offer as well as James Allen/DCD and maybe even Wink (but he is out of town for a few weeks I think).

Good luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, Wink is rafting in Chile for 2 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results