shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark T. Collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Looking at the Mark Turnowski "Jessica" setting at Engagement Rings Direct. I have a really small hand and thin fingers and I''m looking at a .75 to .85 center stone. Anyone have a pic of this (or something similar) with an under 1ct. center stone? Would love to see it. I think it''s my dream ring!
Thanks!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t recall off the top of my head someone having the jessica with a round. Is that what you''re wanting? anyway, i think a .75-.85 center would look gorgeous in that setting.

imurden reset her .71 stone into a halo setting. this thread will give you an idea of how it would look..hope it helps..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-wait-is-over.32398/

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Yes..it''s similar to the ring in the thread you sent, only it''s meant for cushion (and asscher, I hope!)It''s a 2mm micro pave band with halo. It''s to die for!

19.gif

winnie

Rough_Rock
hi- the original jessica is actually my sister in law"s ring- it''s a 1.5 round brilliant- it looks huge- she has a very small finger - like a 4.5- the stone is a very good one also from mark- i think at .75 will look great- her ring looks like almost 3 cts...

winnie

Rough_Rock
also- the ring in mrsalvos reply - sorry mr salvo!:) is good for scale but the jessica that mark makes isn''t "metaly" like that one- it''s all diamond-y and has no platinum surface space becaues it it very finely done....just wanted to let you know that...not that the ring in the thread isn''t pretty but the jessica has a different look....

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Winnie...
Yes, The "Jessica" is very "diamondy" and less "metaly"...Exactly what I''m looking for. I originally was looking at something closer to Mr.Salvo''s, but decided that the more delicate piece looks better on my small hands/fingers. I''m in LOVE with Mark T.''s ring and just hoping that a .75ct will look delicate as well as "substantial" on my hand..if it''s possible to have both!
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having worked with Mark recently, first on attempting to make a custom design and then later changing my mind to a different setting, Mark is nothing if not honest. If you call him and ask, he will happily tell you if the setting will look good or not with a small stone. And if it won''t, he will have 5 others in mind to suggest to you!!!

He''s really great. When I was trying to make a custom setting and kept going back to another designer setting and wanting something like it, he was just like oh, I can get that for you AND it will be cheaper than going custom. And he did, and it was.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well I think a cushion or asscher would look fabulous in that setting too. No doubt about it. search mark t and cushions and you''re bound to find some threads of settings close to that with the stone shape you want.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Well, no doubt I''ll be using Mark--definitely. He is so highly recommended on this site and living in NY, I''ve heard horror stories from friends about certain unethical dealers on 47th Street. I''m lucky I live here and get to work with him personally! I''ll be calling him in the next few weeks (after my BF and I decide on a budget, timing, etc)
Can''t wait!!
Thanks!!
35.gif

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MrSalvo...yes, I''m just dying for an assher and MAYBE a cushion. I''m sure to be like a kid in a candy store when I actually get to see the little beauties in person!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''ve very lucky to be able to work with Mark in person and see the stones first hand. you''re going to have a blast looking at all the diamonds and Mark really is one of the good guys..please keep us posted on your journey..

winnie

Rough_Rock
hi beebrisk-

i reread your initial comment- i thought you wanted a round brilliant in this setting- ok, now i see u like an assher- it would look terrific in this setting BUT i caution,- an assher under a 1 ct looks very small, very small- i was looking at 1.5-2 ct asschers with mark and then when to cushion b/c the asscher looked TINY compared to the cushion of the same size- i mean like 1/2 the size- plus the clarity has to be very high and you can cheat a little w/ the clarity on the cushion- mark will walk you through all of that..

let me know what happens! actully the marissa ring on the erd site is the jessica with a cushion - i work with the real marissa (person) and her ring is gorgeous...
26.gif
26.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting would look great with a .75-.85 in any shape!! It''s beautiful!! Please keep us posted on your lovely project.

winnie

Rough_Rock

Actually, i thought about it since i see the real life jessica ring all the time and was part of the design process- i don''t know how an assher would work in the jessica setting in it''s true form- the jessica setting is kind of rounded and sloped around the diamond - i don''t know if you could get that nuance with an asscher since it''s has a flat top- a cushion or round doesn''t have that flatness to the top...but i think mark can make some adjustements....

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...thank you ALL for your input!

This is indeed a journey, especially because I''ve waited SOOOO long in my life to be looking for an engagement ring. (I''m a real late bloomer!)

Winnie, I didn''t realize the asscher lookes smaller than the cushion. Hmmmm, maybe the "jessica" isn''t quite the right setting, after all. The thing I LOVE about it is the very thin shank and the basket setting..Those are a "must"!

I do love the "classic" and square look of the asscher...I think it''s very elegant. I would hate to loose those "cut off" corners on the asscher if the setting is going to hide the real shape. Uh-oh, I''m in trouble! The thought of really, finally picking out an engagement ring has my head spinning. I''m positive what I want today, but the thought of working with Mark and all the wonderful choices, sizes, cuts and settings is daunting--but fun!

I''ll keep you all posted. My sense is, this will be a Christmas engagement...yipeee!

Thanks again...
36.gif

winnie

Rough_Rock
you can totally go asscher with a mircopave halo- i really think that is so beautiful but i think once u see the size difference of the asscher vs. the cushion in around the same carat weight, i think will be surprised...to me, it was a very big difference..let us know what happnes!

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Okay..I''ll have to see the asscher and cushion next to each other, but i just went back and checked your thread Winnie about your HW ring. Oh my word--that''s perfect! Very similar to the "Jessica", but even ''daintier'', I think.

So now you have me thinking about cushions...and while I''m looking for something very delicate, I can''t help but resist the larger sizes. We''re on a bit of a budget, so I''m thinking more of quantity over amazing quality...Doesn''t need to be "premium" as I''m looking for something really pretty and not necessarily a valuable heirloom.

I found this on Mark''s (ERD) site...Any thoughts, anyone??
Is the large culet a real issue??

Thanks Again!

Shape : Cushion
Carats : 0.83
Cut Grade : Excellent
Color Grade : G
Clarity Grade : I1
Measurement : 6.15x5.19x3.39
Ratio : 1.19
Depth : 65.3%
Table : 55
Girdle : M-STK
Culet : Large
Polish : Excellent
Symmetry : Excellent
Certification : GIA
Fluorescence : NO

winnie

Rough_Rock
i think u have to see it-i have never seen an I1 stone- this shouldn''t be expensive- the setting may almost be as much as the diamond
1.gif
i would do a nice color like a f or g and maybe go to si2

glad u like my ring....i love it - it started the erd revolution on pricescope....there''s winnie rings everywhere....
1.gif
need to start on a new projedct soon! this time no pictures...!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 8:16:11 PM
Author: beebrisk
Okay..I''ll have to see the asscher and cushion next to each other, but i just went back and checked your thread Winnie about your HW ring. Oh my word--that''s perfect! Very similar to the ''Jessica'', but even ''daintier'', I think.

So now you have me thinking about cushions...and while I''m looking for something very delicate, I can''t help but resist the larger sizes. We''re on a bit of a budget, so I''m thinking more of quantity over amazing quality...Doesn''t need to be ''premium'' as I''m looking for something really pretty and not necessarily a valuable heirloom.

I found this on Mark''s (ERD) site...Any thoughts, anyone??

Is the large culet a real issue??

Thanks Again!

Shape : Cushion

Carats : 0.83

Cut Grade : Excellent

Color Grade : G

Clarity Grade : I1

Measurement : 6.15x5.19x3.39

Ratio : 1.19

Depth : 65.3%

Table : 55

Girdle : M-STK

Culet : Large

Polish : Excellent

Symmetry : Excellent

Certification : GIA

Fluorescence : NO

Better to call Mark and tell him what you are looking for and your budget rather than try to search his inventory online... you will end up with a better stone tailored to your preferences...

I don''t think you should drop to an I1... I would suggest asking for eye-clean stones (or near eye-clean) in the SI range.

re: large culet, could be a problem-- depends on the facet plot of the stone and your preferences.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 2:29:45 PM
Thanks MrSalvo...yes, I''m just dying for an assher and MAYBE a cushion. I''m sure to be like a kid in a candy store when I actually get to see the little beauties in person!
I''d consider driving up to GOG to look at asschers :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would pass on the stone you listed.... or at least I''m 90% or better sure I would.... the way I see it is if it is a crushed ice style and the inclusions couldn''t be seen (don''t bet on it but still) then the large culet would be an issue for me (doesn''t fit the style).... if it is an old cut style, then the culet would be awesome, but you''d see every last inclusion big time.

winnie

Rough_Rock
i agree with the ladies- u have to see these beauties....also mark has great asschers too...everyone thinks he just does great cushions but he has it all- he picks great stone!have fun!

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone...

Winnie, I guess you''re the trendsetter here, eh? I just can''t resist that micro pave, thin shank look. Sooo elegant!

I''ve decided to pass on Mark''s internet stock, and will call him for an appointment. It''s a little intimidating since I''m looking for something considerably smaller than most New York diamond shoppers!

I really prefer something small and delicate, plus we just don''t want to spend a lot right now. Do you think it''s possible to get something really pretty for about $3000.00? I know that''s a pittance around here and I don''t want to waste Mark''s time for such a "low ticket" item.

I''ve got Tiffany taste on a Zales budget!

2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 8:58:38 PM
Thanks again everyone...

Winnie, I guess you're the trendsetter here, eh? I just can't resist that micro pave, thin shank look. Sooo elegant!

I've decided to pass on Mark's internet stock, and will call him for an appointment. It's a little intimidating since I'm looking for something considerably smaller than most New York diamond shoppers!

I really prefer something small and delicate, plus we just don't want to spend a lot right now. Do you think it's possible to get something really pretty for about $3000.00? I know that's a pittance around here and I don't want to waste Mark's time for such a 'low ticket' item.

I've got Tiffany taste on a Zales budget!

2.gif

Well, yes and no. Was the $3,000 just for the diamond? If so, then the answer is YES (mine was less than that and is a GORGEOUS .81 from Mark).

If the answer was "No, it's for the whole ring", read below.

First of all, Mark is fantastic for even small sales. My ring ended up being well under $5,000 and Mark treated us as if we were spending $50,000. So don't worry a bit about that. The catch is that Mark's "Mark T" collection halo rings, just for the setting, are around $3,000 starting. The pave, but non halo ones are around $2,000 all depending on the size of your center diamond and the detail.

So, while halo settings and a small (maybe .50) carat diamond can certainly be had for $3,000, there is no way that you can get a Mark T. Collection ring AND a center stone for that much. I would do one of three things:

1. Wait and save up for the real deal.
2. Spend the $ on a great .75 center stone (which will look great) and get a cheap white gold setting and upgrade the setting later.
3. Try and find a cast setting (i.e., not custom made) that will give you a similar look. Knox jewelers has quite a few that are decent and are around $1000-1500 I think. Then spend the rest on the center stone.

If it were ME and I knew I wanted that EXACT ring, I would do #2.

Best of luck!

doobao

Shiny_Rock
I TOTALLY agree with Neatfreak!

To be honest, I haven''t seen any decent halo setting less than $1500~
If I were you, I''d set a nice diamond in a pretty but inexpensive setting and upgrade to the dream Mark T halo later!

winnie

Rough_Rock
i agree with neatfreak- the jessica setting - now i don''t remember EXACTLY but just the setting was was around $3900- it''s custom made....that''s why i said in one of my original posts that the setting may creep up to almost the same price as the diamond...

or mark can get u the ritani endless love setting that is stocked...it''s a halo - very prettty however, the pave is not as fine and deklicate as the custom ones- one more thing- not to be a downer, but i think you may have to pass on the asscher because i think it will be toughj in your budget to get a decent clarity and something that dosen''t look tiny...just my thoughts...

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Well guys..

I spent ALL NIGHT researching and driving myself a little bit crazy!
I''m realizing now that an asscher really should be a minimum of 1ct for it to look even remotely substantial. So now I''m thinking a really nice quality, under 1ct E.C.

Just yesterday I saw a .80 princess with the teeeensiest halo. I mean, it must have been under 1mm. It was so gorgeous and sparkly and the most delicate thing I''ve ever seen. I''ve not seen anything this delicate on any of the internet sites I''ve seached. It was great on my small fingers and although by no means huge, was really "blingy" on my hand. I loved it!

Has anyone seen a shank and halo this light and thin?? I think perhaps an E.C might give me that step cut look I love, and I think I''ll get more "stone" for the money. In the meantime, I''ll be looking for my diminutive halo and shank!

Thanks for indulging me guys...I''ve waited a VERY long time to get engaged, so I''m a little obsessed!
35.gif

winnie

Rough_Rock
hi! fyi- an emerald will also look way smaller than a cushion- step cuts always look small...just my opinion..

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Yes...I know :(
But I just can''t seem to get away from the step cut...I''m just not an RB kinda gal.
The really good news is: I think our budget is going UP!
Yipeee!
Traveling on business for awhile, but can''t wait to get home and meet with Mark T.
36.gif

winnie

Rough_Rock
Re: budget- ggreat news! i love step cuts but they look smaller than cushions and rounds and if you want a BIGGER look than that, the cushion is the way to go- or if you like square, you can do princess...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results