shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Owner - Need Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheCut

Rough_Rock
I have a Mark Morrell Sunburst Solitaire ering and am having a hard time finding a wedding band that works well with the tapered shank. I am aware that Mark has a teasers page with several Sunburst band sets, but I''m having a hard time visualizing the finished product (the samples are all CAD drawings). So...what have other Sunburst owners done for wedding bands? Do you have a ering with a tapered shank...what did you do for a wedding band? Please share pictures...Thanks!!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been drooling over the Sunburst for a while now (haven''t seen one in person), and I assumed if you found the right width band with the same shape/profile that the taper wouldn''t really matter. The head of the ring makes the shank wider at the top anyway, doesn''t it? Does a straight band not sit well against it? What specific problem are you having?

MakingTheCut

Rough_Rock
I''m really struggling with finding a wedding band mate with diamonds that will look nice with and without the engagement ring. I''m afraid that if I wear the wedding ring w/o the ering it''ll be weird looking =/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fact that the shank tapers in at the head shouldn''t matter. You just get a regular straight wedding band. However, if I had a Mark Morrell e-ring, I''d want him to make the wedding band, too!

fatkid

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 9:34:48 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The fact that the shank tapers in at the head shouldn''t matter. You just get a regular straight wedding band. However, if I had a Mark Morrell e-ring, I''d want him to make the wedding band, too!

MakingTheCut -- I found your thread!

As diamondseeker2006 said, Mark told me via email that a straight band would work with the Sunburst.

-r.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
One idea I had is if you got Mark to make the wedding band w/ the notch/curve to fit the sunburst perfectly, and you got a plain band w/o diamonds, you could just spin the band around to put the curve facing your palm when you wanted to wear the band alone. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results