shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara, where is the "Spring Must Haves" thread??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2008 7:41:53 PM
Author: MC

Date: 3/25/2008 8:42:35 PM
Author: canuk-gal
BTW, you mentioned you wear a lot of t-shirts; is there a brand you prefer? I seem to have bought a lot of tanks lately, layering etc and I love those James Perse brand--unbelievably soft.....and very long...

cheers--Sharon
As far as t-shirts go, I don''t have any favorite brands. Usually with short-sleeve summer tops, I get Free People and for tanks for wearing around the house, C&C california (I love to stock up on these when Macy''s has them on sale for $15 each), but t-shirts I get at regular old plain stores like Banana Republic and Old Navy. Since my kids are little, I wear plain t''s with them at the park or in the yard, which is how we spend most of the summer.

Which brands of tanks are you purchasing? Those and camisoles are really addicting and it''s easy to buy five or so at a time! Luckily they''re small when folded up, so they''re easy to hide from my husband
3.gif
HI:

LOL!

Monarchy had some really cute tanks two years ago and I bought three--they were stupid expensive but have held up very well. Lately I bought the Perse from Holt''s and also some really cute ribbed tanks at Gap, in pink and sunny yellow which adds to the many colors I bought last spring. They are a great price at the Gap. As well I bought three tanks at a kids shop near to me, they ahve that silly monkey logo on the very bottom (Paul Frank) and I got them on clearance last month. Great price and they are super long, which I like.

I like those CC tanks as they are so soft--but I always find them kinda costly at regular price. And of course I am hard on my stuff--slop everything on that never seems to comes out in the wash--food, suntan lotion red wine.....

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Love the Tiffany arrival, Canuk. Very nice!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2008 10:54:46 PM
Author: LitigatorChick
Love the Tiffany arrival, Canuk. Very nice!!!
HI:

Thanks LC. You need to put your new shoes in here.....
3.gif
CL''s are every seasons "must have".....

cheere--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pic of the CLs. I got them in the black "grease". Looks black inside, but has a bit of metallic sparkle in the sunlight!!!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also covetting the Manolo carolyne slingback. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod16960174&parentId=cat000209&masterId=cat000199&index=130&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000199cat000209.

But it is spring, and I could jazz up my fav Manolo (the basic Mary Jane) with a bit of colour. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod41540018&parentId=cat000209&masterId=cat000199&index=117&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000199cat000209

What do you think about the peep toes? I work in a very conservative environment (hose is NOT optional). Thoughts?

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 10:43:58 AM
Here is a pic of the CLs. I got them in the black ''grease''. Looks black inside, but has a bit of metallic sparkle in the sunlight!!!
Let''s try again....

LCsLouboutin.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2008 10:48:42 AM
I''m also covetting the Manolo carolyne slingback. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod16960174&parentId=cat000209&masterId=cat000199&index=130&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000199cat000209.

But it is spring, and I could jazz up my fav Manolo (the basic Mary Jane) with a bit of colour. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod41540018&parentId=cat000209&masterId=cat000199&index=117&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000199cat000209

What do you think about the peep toes? I work in a very conservative environment (hose is NOT optional). Thoughts?
HI:

Slings are my all round favorite shoe style. Dress up or down--and sexy profile. I like MJ''s with a peep toe. But I prefer a small peep. (MJ''s always remind me of Capazio dance shoes.....). You are "not encouraged" to wear mules are you?

I know it might be kind of a drag to have to wear stockings at work, but I always found my toes and inside of shoes were better preserved with them; and I always wear the Dim super sheer products that seem like nothing anyway...of course after hours all bets are off.....

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jungle is huge this year.

I am going to St Barth''s in April and in honor of spring I have been gathering some things.

Cartier Marcello bag in teal

Chanel patent small bag with chain, with Coco Chanels''s favorite icons in black, patent is still huge.

white jeans

tunics from Tory Burch

C Louboutin simple pump in camel and peep toe pump in nude pink

Tory Burch patent flip flops with flower on top

A couple of cute Tory dresses and cardigans

Prada sandals from cruise collection, with thin straps of silver and gold, high heel

Luca Luca linen dressier pants in both black and white, a navy skirt and a black sleeveless bustier, all in linen, plus a black knit sleeveless sweater.

still looking at some other stuff, including the Marcello in camel and some Prada sandals with the thicker wooden heels. I got some clutches in snake skin, white, black, gold, silver, pewter...I love pewter with navy or white.

I got some cute terry tunics to use as swimsuit covers too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Caroline--you sound well prepared for Spring and your travels! Gorgeous stuff!!!! What color is your Chanel bag? And what brand of white jeans did you get--I am STILL looks ing for that "great" pair--never did buy them last year as I said I would..... I love Prada sandles--I buy two pair every year.....but they are well used by years end......

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The white jeans are by Joe''s...
the Chanel bag is black, I have a lot of black Louboutin patent shoes and sandals so I liked black, It also comes in camel, gold or silver. It has a silver chain and is fairly small clutch size...under the arm size...

i got a really pretty spring green and white patterned coat that looks great over camel or white or black pants or jeans. I got it out of the Mark Shale catalog and it was not too pricey and I got more compliments on it...that is also where I got the Joe''s jeans as well...

I also want some white capris. Lilly Pulitzer had some cute stuff too, cover ups and cute blouses for spring and summer.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
DF, all your spring prep shopping sounds fabulous! Enjoy your trip!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! in Philly you start getting spring clothes in the winter, sometimes even late fall for the following spring, which stinks, but you must buy then or they run out. Summer stuff is also coming now too. Coming from California it was weird to me to have to be so season focused but it is just the way it is here. I

I am already looking at gowns for my son''s bar mitzvah which is not until November, but now is when the FALL clothes are starting to come in. Trunk shows are all going to be going on now.

I also got a very cute satin Chanel clutch, envelope style, in black, cute for evening but does not have to be super dressy at all, and a gorgeous Bill Blass midnight navy satin cocktail dress. I plan to use black or pewter shoes and bag with it. I have a couple of cocktail events coming in May and June so I am glad that is done. Usually I am rushing around at the last minute to find stuff for events, so I am ahead of the game this time!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
So when I picked up my replacement Manolo double strap Mary Janes (I missed them so much), I picked up these cute things - they are even more gorgeous in person.

DolceShoes.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LC - very cute shoes! All thoes tall heels you''ve posted make me dizzy! lol I doubt I could take more than two steps in shoes that high w/out falling over!
3.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
It''s only been 2 pairs this month (I think).
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2008 5:19:07 PM
It''s only been 2 pairs this month (I think).
31.gif
HI:

And the month is not yet over......LOL They look fab! I am a shoe horse myself so I definately relate......I was thinking of visiting Holt''s myself tomorrow......

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Canuk. I loved the selection at Holts right now for shoes. I had to restrain myself (yes, I have a small amount of self control). There are a lot of shoes with nice high non-chunky heels - my favs.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Saks and Neimans have decent shoe depts. I go on line a lot and have my SA order stuff in if I like it. I want these pewter low heeled Louboutin mules on the Saks site, they seem more comfortable and will go with my summer stuff really well.

I went to Holt years ago when I was in Montreal. I do not remember it toooooo well, but thought it was a lovely store at the time.

Saks in New York has a great shoe department, as do Neimans and Barney''s in Beverly Hills. When we go there in June I plan to pay a visit to both of them.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I concur with Caroline, white jeans are a spring must have.

Also, a good cashmere sweater and a pair of gray trousers (for men and women) because they are very versatile and can be worn dressed up or down.

A great denim jacket. Personally, I'm partial to dark denim for guys, but women look great in a light denim jacket.

Also, giraffe is really big right now.

Things I HATE:
If i see another pair of madras shorts, I'm probably gonna puke. Especially cheaps ones, it makes the good ones look bad.

And CROCS! Okay, so I admit to owning a pair, but I don't leave the confines of my house with them on.

Ladies, I apologize, but I'm really beginning to strongly dislike Coach bags. Everywhere I look I see that annoying "C" everywhere.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF your yummy spring list makes me want to go shopping!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pennquaker....can we talk about ladies light denim, possibly fitted jackets/blazers???? Where. are. they.??? I would absolutely love to have a great little lightweight, fitted, denim jacket/blazer to throw on over a tee or fine gauge sweater with khakis or whatever on the weekends. Maybe it''s too much to ask...I''m starting to wonder. From your last post, I thought maybe you had some knowledge on the subject and might be willing to share.
9.gif
I would even do a really cute almost engineer stripe or seersucker fitted jacket with dark denim trouser jeans.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The machine ate my long message
6.gif
! I hope to find today the new matte YSL foundation--I''ll hit Holt''s since the Bay does not carry YSL....I love their products.....

No luck finding white jeans at the mall ealier this week, I''ll see what my trip today yields.

Monnie--I love the short jackets that are "in" now--oddly enuf I have a short denim jacket that has survived my seasonal purges, it is great!

Penn--good cashmere is always in style. I have some lighter weight Teenflo (TF) sweaters I wear in Spring with longer tanks underneath. MY DH has lovely ETRO cashmere is soft pastel colors and the ladies at work always comment, positively, on them (of course I picked them out......
3.gif
)

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I know you will post your goodies soon!

Penn, I only like mid to dark denim, no light. Too many nightmares about acid wash! I was born in 1965 and recall the 1980''s all too well, yuck clothes for the most part.

Coach has some cute things, but I do not wear it, I have a tote or two for travel but also use my LV totes too. I just see too many of the young girls in the Main Line with them. I will wear Juicy stuff, but since I moved here and saw all the girls with Coach purses, it sort of ruined it for me.

Giraffe and other ethnic prints are very popular, that safari look/batik etc is in all the catalogs.

I just got a stunning short trench coat by Armani that is camel and has some wire in the collar. It is awesome with white, navy, denim, khaki, black...It is really more of a topper than a true rain coat. I got it at Nordstrom in the collectors department.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I saw a picture of that Armani "trench" in a mag recently--indeed it was stunning. MY GF just bought her (University age) daughter one from Banana Republic--it was adorable. Very fresh.

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where did you see it? I got the last size 6 or 8 that Nordstrom had. This was short, and the collar stands up a bit. My sales associate loved it, he showed it to me and then had to search for it. It should be there when I get home!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2008 12:27:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
Where did you see it? I got the last size 6 or 8 that Nordstrom had. This was short, and the collar stands up a bit. My sales associate loved it, he showed it to me and then had to search for it. It should be there when I get home!
HI:

Wellllll, it was either in the Holts Spring catalogue, W magazine or InStyle. I''d have to dig for that reference....
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t trouble yourself if it is not handy, but I would love to see if it is the same one...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2008 12:32:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
don't trouble yourself if it is not handy, but I would love to see if it is the same one...
HI:

I didn't find it in the Holt's Spring catalogue, but I DID try it on today at Holts. Very nice and they had a full range of sizes. Quite chic actually with the wired collar. They had two other trench styles by Armani--one oversized in black and one in white with a blousy bottom.

I was very good and only bought the YSL makeup products I went for. But tried on a slew of sundresses and loved one by Akris Punto...see if I can find a picture of it....fit very well....

LitagatorChick___saw your new shoes and YUM!!!!

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I assume it was the same one. I think it was about 650.00 US dollars...not sure in Canadian. I think it will be not be wearable in real rain but I thought it was so chic.

Definitely post a photo of the Akris, I love their stuff. What did you get from YSL, the touche eclat?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Unfortunately I am unable to copy/paste the links to the dresses at Saks; but I tried on three and all of them I could have had: the split neck dress (shown in off white but I tried it in orange), the print v-neck with bolero (same orange white print shown on the site), and a black button up sleeveless trench style which I do not see on the Saks site. Wonderfully made and great detailing.

I believe the Armani is as you descriibed but for the price--it was $1100 here. The white one was much less and the black more. I am doubtful that thye are rain proof--maybe resistant. I always migrate to Prada for "reliable" outerwear--and it is fashion foreward too.

I bought the YSL pop stick blush in their Limited Ed. spring color, the easy liner for eyes, and the new Matte Touch Foundation. I already use the TE and mascara--my all time fav products. The foundation feels nice and light and silky smooth--but full coverage. She gave me samples of the eye creme and face lotion. The eye creme sample is huge!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results