shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara dear....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
i'm so jealous!! it looks like you guys had a great time at JE with all their bling! i live pretty close to JE and so wanted to go..but i didn't want to crash your guys' bling party. but next time you guys go and want more company, let me know! :)
mara, those were some amazing shots you took!
gypsy, the "contender" is so gorgeous..that is my fave of the bunch.. keep us posted if you're going to get it. and if you want to have another look..hehe :)

eta: mara, am i seeing it correctly? those pave bangles are about $5K? do you know how big the stones were? how about the stones in the 3ct tennis bracelet?

i'm thinking about getting the WF shared prong bangle..so I'd love to see some pics of bracelets with the size melee i'm considering. i'm thinking either the 1 ctw or the 1.5 ctw shared prong bangles..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2006 12:38:26 AM
Author: kcoursolle
wow, there is some serious blingage on this thread. Keep em coming. Mara, the 4.5 carat ring looks mighty fitting on your hand...
2.gif

Were you wearing a blue shirt? The diamonds look tiffany blue in all of the pics.
Ha - Koursie, that is JUST what I was thinking, what a perfecto size for Miss Mara''s hand...
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my, all these split shank settings are just amazing. mara, that cushion halo with the head is just to die for. it brings back my longing for the daniel k
30.gif

gypsy, I love, love, love the setting you chose for your asscher. i think it will be fabulous. I''m so glad you were able to see a bag. halo in person. I tell you, that''s one of the reason blind custom makes me nervous b/c many time rings don''t look right or so different in person. So looks like you saved yourself a lot of $$$. congrats girl and keeping fingers crossed for your new job.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Talk about amazing bling. WOW, I want all of them :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, looks like you guys had an amazing time...what lovely work JE does
30.gif
30.gif

Gypsy, I love your the new contender- its just gorgeous!!!! By the way, I didnt know you were out in Cali now!!! When did that happen? I must have missed that thread! What about our NYC get-together!!!!!
2.gif
Good luck to you out there!!!! I am assuming you took a new job?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 12:22:54 AM
Author: Mara
and the 2 settings and the gypsy contender...finger O bling!
Bling a ding ding, indeed!!! Gosh, I'll just have to take one of each!
31.gif

Gypsy, I think you should go for it! That ring is GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kpebbles, oh i wish you would have said you were local, you totally should have come! this was so much fun but it was really just such a quickie kinda thing...we got there separately, did the bling fest and barely said 5 words other than 'take a picture' or 'oooh' for an hour. then gypsy had to go so that was that!

oh and those bangles had what to me seemed like 1 pointers in them and they were actually i think $3500. definitely under $4k..in the 3's. i thought it was a fairly good deal for retail as one of them was diamond eternity, aka all the way around, whereas i think WFs just has about 15 2 or 3 pointers on top of one. so for this one i think it was something like 2 bangles with areas of 10-15 diamonds in two separated areas, then one bangle in the middle that was eternity. not too bad for $3500 eh? super cool. i like.

eta kpebbles, that tag on the bracelets does look like 5k doesn't it? but i coulda sworn it was 3500. it might be because the picture is kind of reversed, aka the tag is upside down. maybe call to ask? they have them in the case so they can tell you what the price is. tell them it's the skinny 3 bangle pave set. anyway if you find out let us know!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 7:04:05 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 10/14/2006 12:38:26 AM
Author: kcoursolle
wow, there is some serious blingage on this thread. Keep em coming. Mara, the 4.5 carat ring looks mighty fitting on your hand...
2.gif

Were you wearing a blue shirt? The diamonds look tiffany blue in all of the pics.
Ha - Koursie, that is JUST what I was thinking, what a perfecto size for Miss Mara''s hand...
31.gif
you girls are BAD BAD BAD!!!!

and here i am trying to convince myself that the 3c looks PLENTY BIG. which it does actually. and 4.5 is just overkill. repeat after me...
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG...I am desperately in love with EVERY SINGLE PIECE pictured in this thread! WOW! (I almost wonder if it should be moved over to SMTR so it won''t get missed by anyone...)

I guess my favorites are the two split shank rings....and "The Contender" is IMO absolutely perfect for your asscher Gypsy! I especially like how it''s sort of open on the sides letting extra light shine on the center stone.

Great minds think alike, I guess...when I saw that picture, it rang a vague bell with me. I searched through my old files and look what I found! I saved this years ago as a special favorite...have no idea whose it is.. (Picture below)

Date: 10/14/2006 9:15:16 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I''m so glad you were able to see a bag. halo in person. I tell you, that''s one of the reason blind custom makes me nervous b/c many time rings don''t look right or so different in person.
Isn''t that the truth, MrsS??

Mara...your pictures are just fabulous....I''m still dizzy from the bling.

BTW...is there a profile shot of the Contender? Did I miss it?

You guys...thank you so much for sharing your adventure...almost like being there. And Gypsy, I''m THRILLED for you! As I said above, that mounting is PERFECT.

(Now I''m going to concentrate on sending out good job vibes to both you girls...)

Thanks again!
1.gif

widget

k86fng.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The contender's side view looks like the side view of the custom ring rendering Isaku had gotten from Jonathan for the bag. halo. Can't find the drawing now however. Sorry.

MrsSalvo--Yeah...I'm really Glad I saw it in person too. It took me all of a minute to nix the bag halo once it was in front of me. Thanks for the good wishes on the new job!

Dani--I kinda included the moving stuff in other threads... never posted one thread. SORRY! Iwill hopefullly in back in NJ for 10 days in December (finalize moving/packing of furniture, so forth) so maybe we can do a GTG then? Thanks for the good luck, and yes... I got a job offer in August for a company I had interviewed with a year before. It's temp right now but in about a month they will let me know if it's permanent.

hlmr---Isn't it though?!? I really love it so I'm hoping Eric can sucessfully bargain the price they are asking down.

kpebbles-- You totally should have said something. The more the merrier. But Mara is right... we barely said two words to each other. It was a mess of pointing and picture snapping and bling. Very fun... but too short.

Gypsy would love to pick up her ring something soon! I really would like it before the new year!! I think a South Bay GTG is a great idea. Poor Eric. Oh... but you all will get to see his eyes! YummO.

Widget... how funny is that? Yeah I really like the split shank with the light from the side. I'm crossing my fingers for a good qoute from these folks. I'm glad you like it as you've been so helpful to me. And of course... you have fabulous taste! We missed you though!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
All I can say/add is DROOL....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 12:07:00 PM
Author: Gypsy

kpebbles-- You totally should have said something. The more the merrier. But Mara is right... we barely said two words to each other. It was a mess of pointing and picture snapping and bling. Very fun... but too short.
I didn''t say anything, but when I read "30 min appt" I thought, are you freaking nuts ladies?? no way, noooo waaay LOL (and I was right! hehehe)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy-

Yes, we should def plan a NYC GTG!!! Let me know when you are back in town!
2.gif
Hope you have your new setting by then....
2.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 11:44:55 PM
last shot of the baguette halo. it didn't get too much air time unfortunately since it was out of the running almost immediately.
Thank you for the pictures Mara though i don't think this particular setting should be an example of "colorless asscher baguettes halo".
It's just sort of "cluster" ring which is a whole other story.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 12:38:28 PM
Author: Dani
Gypsy-

Yes, we should def plan a NYC GTG!!! Let me know when you are back in town!
2.gif
Hope you have your new setting by then....
2.gif
OHHH...if there is a NYC GTG, please count me in! My ring is by far much more modest than everyone''s but I sure do love seeing sparklies!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 1:38:24 PM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 10/13/2006 11:44:55 PM
last shot of the baguette halo. it didn''t get too much air time unfortunately since it was out of the running almost immediately.
Thank you for the pictures Mara though i don''t think this particular setting should be an example of ''colorless asscher baguettes halo''.
It''s just sort of ''cluster'' ring which is whole other story.
I guess JE still considers it a baguette halo, but yes it was definitely a different sort than the ones we have seen on here. However it was great to be able to see the worksmanship and how it was put together which was a concern for some of the PS''ers...the one on their website is more the ''traditional'' baguette halo but that was done for a client so it''s sold. I did think it was kind of odd to have such a small asscher in such a visually substantial ring like that. It''s almost like what is the point? I want to see more asscher less baguette.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word I love all the rings!!!!
30.gif
However I just adore the bracelets!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 1:38:24 PM
Author: Pricescope
i don''t think this particular setting should be an example of ''colorless asscher baguettes halo''.
It''s just sort of ''cluster'' ring which is whole other story.
LOL I''m such a dork it took me the longest time to figure out what I was looking at when I saw those pictures. I kept saying to myself: "That halo is pave, not bags!"

FINALLY I reallized it was a pave halo around a bag halo around an asscher.

I agree: "cluster ring" is probablly a better descriptor....

widget

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 1:50:23 PM
I did think it was kind of odd to have such a small asscher in such a visually substantial ring like that. It''s almost like what is the point? I want to see more asscher less baguette.
I imagine that ring was still less expensive than putting an asscher in the size of the asscher plus baguettes and a ton cheaper than an asscher the size of the whole ilusion setting.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, every piece is beautiful. The designs are lovely. I love the split shank setting!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 2:15:30 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 10/14/2006 1:50:23 PM
I did think it was kind of odd to have such a small asscher in such a visually substantial ring like that. It''s almost like what is the point? I want to see more asscher less baguette.
I imagine that ring was still less expensive than putting an asscher in the size of the asscher plus baguettes and a ton cheaper than an asscher the size of the whole ilusion setting.
Oh I''m sure it was cheaper, except that they didn''t make it for a client so it was for the store, and they keep it in a display case. Typically most of the display case stuff is really impressive, like the $90k cushion was in another display case with a 5c round and some other items. There were also baguette halo kind of earrings that I didn''t see, in the case as well. But I guess I was thinking well if you are going to display something like this that is so unique to begin with and put it in a special case, why not make it REALLY impressive with a big asscher?? Or at least a bigger asscher than that!
2.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Just what I needed to look at on a beautiful Saturday afternoon....BLING! Thanks Mara for the pics. I LOVE all the rings you posted, but that cushion made my heart go pitty-patter (is that a word???) All I can say is *WOW.*

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Those pictures are to LIVE for!!!! Thanks Gypsy and Mara for giving us a tour of JE; it made my day!!

Thanks also for the thumbs down on the baguette halo; I knew there had to be a reason why I just couldn''t get it done.

Gypsy, "the contender" is beautiful; I hope the price is right!!!!
35.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I laughed, too, when Gypsy said they''d spend 30 minutes at the store and then go to lunch! I SO knew better!

Anyway, my two favorites are the Contender and the round split shank....I''d be interested in that split shank myself if I hadn''t just spent big bucks on the Memoire band.
23.gif

But Gypsy, I am so glad you waited and looked for a perfect setting! I never loved the baguette halo ring, but I seriously think I''d love this one with your stone!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy, I know this is your setting thread but I keep coming back to look at the split shank setting with the 3 carat round mara posted. see, this is why I am having such a hard time deciding on a setting. as soon as I *think* i''ve decided someone posts something like that and I get confused all over again
40.gif
. I swear I''m never going to set my stone
39.gif
. how do you think that would look with a 1.5 round?
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol mrs salvo. the cool thing is that you could totally do something custom like that split crown but make it thinner if you wanted to. i just loved the side view...JE was really flex about changing stuff around and making it however people wanted. anyway, an interesting comment about the split crown / split shank kinda deal...is that i notice when my rings have some space between them showing, aka my skin is showing...i feel more like the diamond looks bigger. that is kind of why i really liked the split crown idea too. it seems to really be able to stand on it''s own, it''s like 2 rings because it''s substantial, but it shows some of the skin so it shows that it''s a split look. sometimes my two rings flush together is too much metal and bling going on and i feel like it ''absorbs'' the diamond. and i didn''t get a 2c+ diamond because i want it to get lost in my rings yanno? so thats why i like the idea of a split crown or similar. gypsys contender is kinda the same idea. something like that without a halo would be lovely too.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 3:39:06 PM
lol mrs salvo. the cool thing is that you could totally do something custom like that split crown but make it thinner if you wanted to.

ya know, I always wondered how my daniel k would look with a round and that setting totally reminded me of it and gives a great picture of how it would look. definitely thin it down a bit and it would look fabulous
30.gif
. i might have to give JE a call for a quote.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Maybe this question was answered on an earlier page, but what shape is the diamond on the split shank setting? Is that a round or a cushion? I really can''t tell from the picture, but I know I LOVE that setting!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 3:19:07 PM
Author: isaku5
Those pictures are to LIVE for!!!! Thanks Gypsy and Mara for giving us a tour of JE; it made my day!!

Thanks also for the thumbs down on the baguette halo; I knew there had to be a reason why I just couldn''t get it done.

Gypsy, ''the contender'' is beautiful; I hope the price is right!!!!
35.gif
36.gif
just a comment on the baguette halo - considering the''re designed like that to give the illusion of a larger asscher, I''m not sure they''re supposed to be anything BUT boring lest they stand out in contrast. kwim? As for the rest of the setting, I don''t think the split shank bag halo I posted was boring in person at all but it was too antiquey for your tastes if I recall.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 3:19:07 PM
Author: isaku5

Gypsy, ''the contender'' is beautiful; I hope the price is right!!!!
35.gif
36.gif
I think because the bag halos are designed to give the illusion of a larger asscher, they''re suposed to be rather bland, lest they ofer te contrast that would give the illusion away. The asscher setting I saw with the split shanks and bag halo wasn''tboring but it wasn''t so blendy as this one either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results