shape
carat
color
clarity

mapplethorpe I am not...(more fried eggs)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2010 3:25:24 PM
Author: crasru
You know what? I like the one that you suspect is Namibian but I also like the Tanzanian one! Is this the strike that has died out? I wanted to buy something from that strike but waited to hear opinions of other people. Too late, I guess.

In fact, they all are great and the Nigerian one sparkles a lot. Fun to look at them.
Crasru,
You can still buy some Tanzanian material. It's out there, but it's very included and very yellow. I think the top stuff is probably mined out (like what Chrono has in her collection). The one I have was brought back from Tanzania by Gene of precisiongem.com from a parcel that was supposedly held back by the miners. Gene can correct me if I'm wrong. It's included, but it's huge, and despite the yellow undertone, it still glows orange.

Thanks for the kind words.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really unique piece!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2010 3:33:50 PM
Author: crasru

Date: 1/8/2010 8:22:14 AM
Author: Chrono
Interesting set! I love the fact that the main earring stone is interchangeable, which gives them more flexibility and chance to be worn often. As for your pendant, is the stone eye clean? Have you louped it? Sometimes spessartites have very fine inclusions that might affect the sparkle and brilliance that one normally expects. If not, it could be the cutting.
You know, Chrono - hopefully, you will not be too unhappy if I do not give out their names. They are not I-net vendors.

First, they are reputable people and good jewellers.
Second, it is their bread and butter. I saw too many places going out of business and I believe that the way to keep prices lower is to keep more people in, to create competition - it is a very competitive business.
Third, part of it might have been my fault. Gem store is a place where you need to bargain, and I hate bargaining. Also, I expressed too much interest in these stones - that is exactly what you should not do! The moment they got a message I was considering other options - the prices went down. Unlike Arcadian, I also came unprepared.

I doubt you shall buy from them because they own small businesses. One of them is straight across the street from the place where I used to work. And I suspect it is going to go out of business pretty soon.

The only chain store that treated me badly is worth mentioning, and it is Ultra Diamonds. One of these days I shall post a saga about it.

How common is it for a GIA-certified diamond to have no lazer inscription on it?
I believe this is not done routinely. The person submitting the diamond has to request (and pay) for this service.

Laser inscriptions can also be polished off by unscrupilous vendors
38.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
--- I love this set. Its so funky and cool! Thanks for sharing the rest of the set
36.gif

I can certainly see doing something with this in ammy!
31.gif
---

Arcadian said it perfectly. I'd looove something like this. How refreshing. And MOP !

Do we see an Arcadian project coming on, wheels turning?
27.gif

By, the way, A, you also have put together some fantastic things.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results