shape
carat
color
clarity

Man needs HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dooleyhart

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a Setting for my sweetie...She likes Antique(ish) setting(Alot of detail), but she also likes a raised setting(i think it is called Peekaboo, or Airline)....I do not want her to see the setting so I am asking for opinions on the setting I think she will like...I found it at------

www.stardustdiamonds.com It is model....... N1602-1

I will try to post a Pic below, if it does not work maybe you can go to the website and let me know...Thanx

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2006 3:24:52 PM
Author:Dooleyhart

but she also likes a raised setting -- i think it is called Airline....
'Airline' makes me think of a diamond set bezel in which the center stone is set leaving some space between its girdle and the frame around it.

Like this:

close%20holding.jpg

There are more pictures on this thread

The one you mention, does not have an 'airline' of all things.

Now, I am not sure I and your girl understand the same thing by 'airline setting' because these terms are not so strictly defined.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow..there''s a lot going on in that setting! what size center stone are you looking at?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
There is a lot going with the setting, but I think it''s very pretty. It definitely needs a large stone in the center otherwise it will be lost within all those details.

Here''s the pics of the setting.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Dooleyhart

Rough_Rock
Well I was looking at putting a 1.25ct diamond in that setting, they said thay would custom make it for that size....

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is quite a difference between a 2ct. center and a 1.25. the setting says it is for 2-4cts. and who knows how big that center in the pic is (i''m guessing it''s more on the 4ct end rather than 2). i think it would be hard to fit all of that detail in a smaller space, so i would be leary of a smaller recreation. also, i have never seen any of their pieces in person, but from the pic below...little details that are ''off'' like this would make me crazy!
37.gif

new63.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Good eye, Belle! That would bug me too.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Take a look at www.faycullen.com - they have a lot of very detailed antique style rings that would fit a 1.25 perfectly.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah Belle, that will drive me crazy now that you have pointed it out, stuff like that bugs the crap out of me!!!
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results