shape
carat
color
clarity

mall/chain stores

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I know many seem to be against mall/chain stores as (from what I can gather from posts) they sell lower quality stuff or it''s marked up. Is there any good stores that sell good quality items and have good prices? I would be looking in the Toronto, Ontario area.

Thanks

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, I'm in the midwest US, so not much help -

the only one I know of is Von Maur, a small department store chain. I've been told (by someone who is certified) that they are very reliable, and when they provide you with stats, they're correct. Interesting ?, though - I hope others chime in! I'd love to know other places that are reliable.

The biggest problem with mall stores though is that often they can tell you color and clarity, but have no quality control when it comes to cut.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Some of our malls in FL have Baily Banks and Biddle and they are supposed to be a bit more reliable.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
I found the mall/ chain stores are rather expensive and have limited selection. If i were you, I would go to the jewellery exchange (yonge/ dundas). You can find good quality jewelleries at affodable prices. I can recomend my jewellers (she is at the jewellery exchange) if you are interested.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Hopefully more Canadians can help out. I''ll have to give jewelry exchange a try. Is there any reliable canadian online companies?

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
How about Tiffany & Co. in Toronto?
31.gif
They''ve got quality pieces but for a price though.

Have you thought about purchasing from the recommmended vendors here on PS? Or if your not comfortable with purchasing cross border, BlueNile.ca is a reputable online vendor.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 10:28:16 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
How about Tiffany & Co. in Toronto?
31.gif
They''ve got quality pieces but for a price though.
Yes, go to Tiffany''s.

I would advise avoiding most mall jewelers if you want quality. You will not get what you are paying for. They will sell anything.
38.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Sherway Gardens in Etobicoke has a couple of high end small boutique stores. One carries more designer settings. They do have a disclaimer in the window though, you must show ID and credit card before looking at certain items.
41.gif
If you''re looking to purchase a diamond online, the PS vendor USA Certed is actually in Thornhill.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results