shape
carat
color
clarity

Makin Sure I am getting this right

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies & gentlemen!

Being new to this, I've been looking up a lot of diamonds online...and doing their rundown in the Holloway cut advisor.
Can you look at what I have found and tell me if I'm looking for all the right things????
I love you guys! Hopefully at least one or two of you will have a piece of advice or thought on what I put.
Thanks,

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/88.html

Here are the specs (superbcert)

Carat : 0.74
Cut : Super Ideal, H&A
Clarity : SI1
Color : D
Ships Within : Ship Within 1-3 Days
GIA Specifications
Certificate Number : 13345933
Measurements : 5.84 - 5.86 x 3.57
Depth : 61
Table : 56%
Girdle : Medium, faceted
Culet : None
Polish : Excellent
Symmetry : Excellent
Clarity Characteristics : Crystal, cloud, feather
Fluorescence : Strong blue
MegaScope Specifications
Crown Angle : 34.4
Crown Height : 14.7%
Pavil. Angle : 40.8
Pavil. Depth : 43.1%

I ran it through and got these results:

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good

the total performance was 1.1

To me..that all sounds fantastic. They also provided pics of the actual inclusion...and you couldn't see them!
It's basically eyeclean..
so what do yall think?
Am I learning well or did I flunk!!!

look forward to your thoughts...
21.gif

edited to add---the price would be about 3300 or so. if that makes a difference..

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
Come on pricescopers! I need a report card!

:)

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/20/2004 11
6.gif
1:25 PM
Author: AMALEEKEL
Come on pricescopers! I need a report card!

:)
Ama:

You have done very well. All the images look great.. B-scope/Hearts & Arrows, Gia Plot.

The megascope shows there is no variance within all the angles measured greater than .5

A very "tightly cut stone"

The plot shows no significant inclusions under the table of the stone...Yay for you...

Being the size of the stone is under a carat and the inclusions are near the perimeter of the girdle it looks like a very nice si-1 with a very desireable d color.

The only thing that pops out at me is the strong blue flour. which should not be a problem.

I am partial to H&A stones and have compared through many vendors. You have done well in your search, but in the past I have noticed more of a premium in price on super-b-cert stones vs. stones of strict or similiar quality. It might only be 2-5 %, but it could save you some bucks in the long run. You have dipped just under the 3/4 carat mark also which saves you a fraction of a premium. One .25 carat higher in the 1.o carat range for the same stone your looking at almost 80% more so your saving yourself money there too even though your under a carat your stone for price vs. size is very desireable and you are getting more bang for your buck with the si-1...

Good Job and let us know what you decide..
21.gif

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
Yes the blue flur. bothered me a little bit..but iI read a little and it said that wasn''t too much of a problem...i guess since the color was so high?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/20/2004 11:27
6.gif
6 PM
Author: AMALEEKEL
Yes the blue flur. bothered me a little bit..but iI read a little and it said that wasn''t too much of a problem...i guess since the color was so high?
Very strong is when I would get concerned, be aware you can get a very similiar stone if not in that exact weight range for a bit cheaper with no flourescence...I am not recommending you don''t go with this stone because SBCert is high on quality control, but I have also seen some stones I believe in the .73-.74 weight range si-1 listed on this site for a few hundred dollars cheaper. A-cut-Above stone from Whiteflash is one of them.

In the end you know what makes you happy, but also be aware there are also price variations between vendors with the same quality control if not better on very similiar stones...
36.gif

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate your thoughts on that stone...I am just trying to gauge how well I''ve learned diamonds. That one was great to me but I''m not the one buying!!!1

Thanks again...

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Warm Regards...
21.gif

You have done well young jedi...
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results