shape
carat
color
clarity

make your own hermes bag!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I saw this on Good Morning America last week. Apparently Hermes printed the pattern for the Kelly bag on their website a while ago and some women proceeded to make their own bags. In fact during the program the woman who made one of these bags took it to a Hermes store and had them fooled.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=7488477&page=1

anyname

Shiny_Rock
I heard about this. I''ve always thought it would be cheaper for me to fly to Africa, shoot my own ostrich and have my own birkin or kelly made. Now i know it is.

FTA: "They''re every woman''s weakness, and the finest can cost a fortune".

i don''t know why but absolute statements like that "always" drive me up the wall.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 7:31:43 PM
Author:soocool
I saw this on Good Morning America last week. Apparently Hermes printed the pattern for the Kelly bag on their website a while ago and some women proceeded to make their own bags. In fact during the program the woman who made one of these bags took it to a Hermes store and had them fooled.

If that is true, the SA needs some serious re-training or another job
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2009 1:21:49 PM
Author: Steel

Date: 5/8/2009 7:31:43 PM
Author:soocool

If that is true, the SA needs some serious re-training or another job
20.gif
Exactly. I don't think there would be any fooling Monsieur Claude!
25.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 12:15:38 AM
Author: popcorn
I heard about this. I've always thought it would be cheaper for me to fly to Africa, shoot my own ostrich and have my own birkin or kelly made. Now i know it is.
ROFLMAO. I love that. The images it evokes of handbag obsessed women on safari toting shotguns and stalking ostrich is priceless.

ETA: It doesn't sound, from that article, that the salesperson was fooled. It just sounds like she was tactful. I mean, what is she supposed to say when she sells 20K handbags and someone comes in with a homemade wonder and brags about it? Rip it apart, or just comment on it as politely as possible? Her "I'm surprised" could mean anything, including... "I'm surprised that you had the ovaries to come in here with that thing and show it off you peasant." Just saying, from the article sounds like it was a smart, not stupid sales associate.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2009 2:55:26 AM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 5/9/2009 12:15:38 AM
Author: popcorn
I heard about this. I''ve always thought it would be cheaper for me to fly to Africa, shoot my own ostrich and have my own birkin or kelly made. Now i know it is.
ROFLMAO. I love that. The images it evokes of handbag obsessed women on safari toting shotguns and stalking ostrich is priceless.

ETA: It doesn''t sound, from that article, that the salesperson was fooled. It just sounds like she was tactful. I mean, what is she supposed to say when she sells 20K handbags and someone comes in with a homemade wonder and brags about it? Rip it apart, or just comment on it as politely as possible? Her ''I''m surprised'' could mean anything, including... ''I''m surprised that you had the ovaries to come in here with that thing and show it off you peasant.'' Just saying, from the article sounds like it was a smart, not stupid sales associate.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results