shape
carat
color
clarity

Major Dust Request for DH

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
DH overheard something at work about him possibly being let go. Not sure why they'd let him go. The company has horrible management. He's been there a while and has brought up concerns to his boss and upper level people and they never ever talked to him. He's been trying since the new year and no one has ever said anything. On his way out of the office he overheard that he heard his boss talking about reasons to let him go. I haven't seen him so depressed in over 8 years. We have our faith that we're leaning on, but additional prayer/dust would be greatly appreciated. He works SO hard and the only way I've been able to go back to school is because of his hard work. I wish I could take this from him.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That's horrible 4D! I hope he gets a reprieve. Is there an HR Dept he can go to? It's devasting to know that a higher up is devaluing your hard work. Had that happen once at a job years ago. I was lucky though, my boss got terminated and I kept my job. Still left later but on my terms. Loads of dust to you both!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, sending you and your dh tons and tons of ***dust*** o4diamond!!!
And thinking positive thoughts for you both!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Dust in piles for you! I hope he's wrong -- even if he is, horrible to be in a job where his boss even talks like that! Also hope he sends out resumes & ends up somewhere much better.

Hugs!!!

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUST DUST DUST!!!

I hope this does NOT happen to him... its so stressful to live with this hanging over your head. My DH is in hi tech and for years, there were repeated layoffs where HR would walk down the aisles, pull people out of their cubes, and then walk them out. They always let people know when that week/day was going to be, and DH said it was pathetic to see the people preparing in advance - boxing up their stuff "just in case"... and then not being one of the targeted ones. Emotional roller coaster --- I hope your DH is spared and he is finally listened to.

Good luck... DUST DUST DUST!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry to hear this. Dust dust dust! In the mean time, it never hurts to be proactive, so start updating the resume and look around ASAP. Unfortunately, HR is always on the side of the employer, not the employee so I doubt he will get any support from HR.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1368188562|3444007 said:
I am very sorry to hear this. Dust dust dust! In the mean time, it never hurts to be proactive, so start updating the resume and look around ASAP. Unfortunately, HR is always on the side of the employer, not the employee so I doubt he will get any support from HR.

I agree. HR is not there to help employees, they are there to protect the employer. Major dust to him and to you, and the best option is probably to tap any contacts he can to look for somewhere else. If management is bad, it's probably not going to get better.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
04diamond<3|1368157762|3443855 said:
DH overheard something at work about him possibly being let go. Not sure why they'd let him go. The company has horrible management. He's been there a while and has brought up concerns to his boss and upper level people and they never ever talked to him. He's been trying since the new year and no one has ever said anything. On his way out of the office he overheard that he heard his boss talking about reasons to let him go. I haven't seen him so depressed in over 8 years. We have our faith that we're leaning on, but additional prayer/dust would be greatly appreciated. He works SO hard and the only way I've been able to go back to school is because of his hard work. I wish I could take this from him.

Dust, dust, dust. Hopefully it was just talk and nothing comes of it.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Dust Dust Dust. Getting fired was a blessing in disguise for me. Maybe something better is out there for him :))

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1368158830|3443867 said:
That's horrible 4D! I hope he gets a reprieve. Is there an HR Dept he can go to? It's devasting to know that a higher up is devaluing your hard work. Had that happen once at a job years ago. I was lucky though, my boss got terminated and I kept my job. Still left later but on my terms. Loads of dust to you both!

Thank you woofmama - The whole company is an HR company...but I'm not sure if that'd help. I guess worst can scenario we just collect unemployment? No clue at this point...

missy said:
Oh no, sending you and your dh tons and tons of ***dust*** o4diamond!!!
And thinking positive thoughts for you both!

Thank you missy!

JewelFreak said:
Dust in piles for you! I hope he's wrong -- even if he is, horrible to be in a job where his boss even talks like that! Also hope he sends out resumes & ends up somewhere much better.

Hugs!!!

--- Laurie

Laurie, we've been sending out resumes for months. I don't know why but earlier this year I got a weird feeling and told him maybe it'd be a good idea to get some resumes out there. He's been working with recruiters and he's gone on some interviews. And thank you!

Enerchi said:
DUST DUST DUST!!!

I hope this does NOT happen to him... its so stressful to live with this hanging over your head. My DH is in hi tech and for years, there were repeated layoffs where HR would walk down the aisles, pull people out of their cubes, and then walk them out. They always let people know when that week/day was going to be, and DH said it was pathetic to see the people preparing in advance - boxing up their stuff "just in case"... and then not being one of the targeted ones. Emotional roller coaster --- I hope your DH is spared and he is finally listened to.

Good luck... DUST DUST DUST!!!

Enerchi - it's really heartbreaking. my FIL had the same thing happen to him. for years they had layoffs and he was one of the lucky ones that wasn't laid off. This is the first time in his whole life that DH may loose his job. He works SO hard and it breaks my heart to see this happening. Thank you for the dust.

Chrono said:

Thanks Chrono! Yes, we've done what we can and started sending things out a while ago. I agree about the HR department.

asscherisme said:
Dust, dust, dust. Hopefully it was just talk and nothing comes of it.

Thank you! I hope so too!

luvsdmb said:
Dust Dust Dust. Getting fired was a blessing in disguise for me. Maybe something better is out there for him :))

I completely agree with this. We've been talking about it and I've just been trying to tell him good can come from anything (without getting too religious on here), but we're confident in what the plan is. It's just hard to go through. But thanks for the dust! I'm glad that you're happy and that good came out of your situation!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear... what a terrible situation for your DH to be in!!! I am so sorry he's going through this, but if it does end up happening I agree that it could be a tremendous opportunity. I can't help by look at your tag line: "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll.

Big buckets of dust going the way of you and your DH right now!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh crap! I'm hoping your DH heard wrong and this will NOT happen! I'm sending dust and positive karma your way!! DUST! DUST DUST!

Even though you are looking for positive thoughts I would also suggest your DH start looking at applying for other positions. Even without this turn of events it sounds like this company isn't functioning correctly and his concerns aren't being taken seriously!

And EVEN MORE DUST!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eww what a horrible situation...
04diamond<3|1368207973|3444276 said:
woofmama|1368158830|3443867 said:

Thank you woofmama - The whole company is an HR company...but I'm not sure if that'd help. I guess worst can scenario we just collect unemployment? No clue at this point...
Actually what scares me about this is that they're making up reasons or trying to come up with reasons to fire him--so they're trying to find a reason to fire him for cause which in most places will make him unable to get unemployment at all.

This is probably not the right way to handle it, but how I would handle it would be to point blank go up to the boss and say "As I was walking by your office yesterday to the restroom, I heard you, quite loudly, going over your list of ways to fire me for cause, and I am shocked that you would be so unprofessional to discuss that out loud, and moreso that you find my performance lacking enough that it's an option without even addressing it to me first." He might get fired for that but if he is already hearing rumblings that it's possible, it could be inevitable, and at least it was addressed.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1368214773|3444387 said:
Oh dear... what a terrible situation for your DH to be in!!! I am so sorry he's going through this, but if it does end up happening I agree that it could be a tremendous opportunity. I can't help by look at your tag line: "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll.

Big buckets of dust going the way of you and your DH right now!

DJ - we're trying very hard to stay positive. We're comforted by our faith and knowing that something better is out there. Thank you for your dust, and still sending dust your way ::)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1368216009|3444402 said:
Oh crap! I'm hoping your DH heard wrong and this will NOT happen! I'm sending dust and positive karma your way!! DUST! DUST DUST!

Even though you are looking for positive thoughts I would also suggest your DH start looking at applying for other positions. Even without this turn of events it sounds like this company isn't functioning correctly and his concerns aren't being taken seriously!

And EVEN MORE DUST!

Thank you Sarabear! We're pretty sure (like 99%) that they were talking about him. Weird thing is his boss has been acting weird like nothing is going on all day. He should be leaving work now and I'm terrified they may give him the boot. Even with trying to stay positive, it's still extremely hard. I agree that he needs to find something else. We've been sending out resumes all year thanks to my paranoia...Thank you for your dust!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
ame|1368218580|3444445 said:
Actually what scares me about this is that they're making up reasons or trying to come up with reasons to fire him--so they're trying to find a reason to fire him for cause which in most places will make him unable to get unemployment at all.

This is probably not the right way to handle it, but how I would handle it would be to point blank go up to the boss and say "As I was walking by your office yesterday to the restroom, I heard you, quite loudly, going over your list of ways to fire me for cause, and I am shocked that you would be so unprofessional to discuss that out loud, and moreso that you find my performance lacking enough that it's an option without even addressing it to me first." He might get fired for that but if he is already hearing rumblings that it's possible, it could be inevitable, and at least it was addressed.

LOL - I thought about that too but what you said next is exactly why he isn't doing that. I don't have a job so the longer he can keep his the better. I just got licensed and it's taking forever for me to find anything. This is also my last day of school and it's been near impossible to think of anything else. The unemployment thing scares me too...I guess we'll see what happens. Either way, he'll keep looking for something else.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tons of dust! I too, hope that he was mistaken. Either way, the stress that worrying about this will cause is awful and I'm sorry for it.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1368224029|3444492 said:
Tons of dust! I too, hope that he was mistaken. Either way, the stress that worrying about this will cause is awful and I'm sorry for it.

Thank you doll. Unfortunately he wasn't mistaken, but it is what it is. Good thing is he came home today still employed. We'll see what next week brings, but at least we'll be better prepared for it (emotionally at least).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being fired can make it difficult to find another job but not if you explain the situation well. Most employers do not bad mouth ex-employees for fear of lawsuits, keeping their comments generic and safe. A good friend or colleague should be able to vouch for DH's quality of work and dedication.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1368244600|3444705 said:
Being fired can make it difficult to find another job but not if you explain the situation well. Most employers do not bad mouth ex-employees for fear of lawsuits, keeping their comments generic and safe. A good friend or colleague should be able to vouch for DH's quality of work and dedication.

Well, we're trying to beat the situation. DH is the hardest worker I know. We're just hoping for just a smidge more time to get things better prepared.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tons of DUST for your DH :!:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to figure things out here. Your DH has been bringing concerns to upper management for several months, and no one's gotten back to him?

He's been with the company for 8+ years?

He thinks he's done nothing deserving of being let go?

So...to me, it doesn't sound like this is a total surprise. Maybe the surprise was him overhearing someone talking about reasons to let him go. You're sure he has NO IDEA why his company would fire him? Or is it possible that people were talking about reasons to let him go so if he's getting laid off he could draw unemployment, or something? I know it must be hard to provide a lot of details, but I can only give minimal input if there is only minimal information.

I wish him the best. Very sorry to hear you're going through this.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1368251650|3444761 said:
Tons of DUST for your DH :!:

Thanks DF!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1368254764|3444770 said:
Trying to figure things out here. Your DH has been bringing concerns to upper management for several months, and no one's gotten back to him?

He's been with the company for 8+ years?

He thinks he's done nothing deserving of being let go?

So...to me, it doesn't sound like this is a total surprise. Maybe the surprise was him overhearing someone talking about reasons to let him go. You're sure he has NO IDEA why his company would fire him? Or is it possible that people were talking about reasons to let him go so if he's getting laid off he could draw unemployment, or something? I know it must be hard to provide a lot of details, but I can only give minimal input if there is only minimal information.

I wish him the best. Very sorry to hear you're going through this.

To me, and from what I've heard, the company has terrible management. But no, no one has talked to him about the concerns he's had. He hasn't been there very long (less than 2 years). They've fired a lot of people since he started...I'm not 100% sure of all the details but from what he's told me, this is a shock to him, and to me too.

And thank you Monarch!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you both much dust. I also hope this doesn't happen to him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results