shape
carat
color
clarity

Madeira Citrine in Rose Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

torontogal

Rough_Rock

I’m usually a diamond girl loyal to platinum and white gold settings with clean modern designs. If you told me that I would someday buy a color gemstone ring set in rose gold with micro pavé melee, I would call you silly. This is something I never imagined I would buy but fell in love with the minute I saw the design and color.

So here it is, a 1ct cushion cut Madeira citrine (7mm) set in 14kt rose gold with triple 1mm wide crossed shanks covered in 73 RB melee diamonds (tcw 0.32ct, I, VS2).

DSC00611.jpg

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Cutting isn''t great, but just like how everything comes together.

DSC00642.jpg

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Love the warm glow

DSC00606.jpg

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Hand shot. Thanks for looking
9.gif

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Would help if I actually attached the picture....
3.gif

DSC00673.jpg

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
That is very interesting, and I love the coloring of the citrine! The rose gold is the perfect pairing for it . . . Gorgeous!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I never would''ve thought of rose gold with the citrine but it looks great. The setting is unusual but pretty.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful design and color choice combo
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s lovely! And it looks great on your hand, you have such elegant fingers :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stared at the picture for a while before I figured out that the stone is set at an angle to the band. Pretty unique.

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I love how supportive people are on PS!!

I wasn''t 100% sure about this purchase because I don''t really know anything about gemstones. I thought about it over the weekend and even wandered around the store for another half an hour debating with myself when I went back. But I guess like a lot of PSers have said, if the piece is talking to you, everything else is sort of secondary.
5.gif

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 11:46:16 AM
Author: Chrono
I stared at the picture for a while before I figured out that the stone is set at an angle to the band. Pretty unique.
Yes Chrono, that''s what attracted me to the ring. The stone is at an angle, slightly off center and none of the shanks are straight, even the bottom one is ever so slightly curved.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a unique and lovely piece! I never thought to pair rose gold with a madiera, but it REALLY works!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely! The setting is so unique, and I am a big fan of rose gold. You have very elegant hands; what size ring do you wear?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really pretty! I never would''ve thought to do rose gold w/citrine either, but I like it! I like the unusual bands as well!

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone
4.gif
!! I''m a 6.5 on my middle finger and 5.5 on my ring finger.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love the band/ setting. Do you mind asking where you got it from!

torontogal

Rough_Rock
You guys are gonna laugh. Like my princess solitaire in my avatar, I got it at Costco, except the princess was an online order and the citrine is from a store. I was just browsing at diamonds and totally not expecting them to carry something so unique. I guess that store''s manager has unique tastes.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I very much like the design of that ring. I wish LOGR made something like that.

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 10:15:41 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I very much like the design of that ring. I wish LOGR made something like that.
You can point him to my pics and see if he can replicate it. I haven''t gone through his gemstone portfolio (like I said I''ve been a diamond girl up until now) but I''ve seen some unique designs in diamonds like this one and this one.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
That is a very nice ring and stone..i think it looks awesome!!!!!!!! you had better be careful or you might get sucked ointo the world of colored gems and once that happens there is no turning back
2.gif
i can see how you couldn''t pass that up..so nice..good find toronto

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 11:28:50 PM
Author: amethystguy
That is a very nice ring and stone..i think it looks awesome!!!!!!!! you had better be careful or you might get sucked ointo the world of colored gems and once that happens there is no turning back
2.gif
i can see how you couldn''t pass that up..so nice..good find toronto
Ha ha, thanks for the warning, amguy! I think I''m on the edge of the slippery slope already
38.gif
, starting to go through the gemstone section of LOGR which I usually skip. I don''t see myself giving up diamonds, so I''ll have to keep reminding myself so that this doesn''t turn into a hobby that''s going to give my wallet anemia!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results