shape
carat
color
clarity

Madagascar Demantoid

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello,

I have the opportunity to purchase some Madagadcar demantoid rough but I really dont know much about that locality. How does it compare with other demantoid in color and value? Does anyone have demantoid from Madagascar?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jim,
As with all faceted gemstone and rough, base your comparison not on the general observation but on the rough you are interested in because there is good and poor material from every location. I presume you are getting a parcel? Are you a faceter who is going to cut these yourself or are you planning to have someone else cut them? Are you experience enough to “read” the colour, clarity and future shape of the rough? Are these rough pieces large enough to make them worth faceting?

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Chrono,

I am a gemstone cutter so I know how to read the rough. I have not dealt much with demantoid in the past to be honest, its the one garnet I have not cut. I do not buy pieces under four carats in rough because I know they are typically not worth the time it takes to cut them. This is a single piece, 4.9 carats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results