shape
carat
color
clarity

MAC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Anyone get a makeup trial done there? I''m still trying to decide whether or not I want to do my own makeup on my wedding day in Jamaica or get it done at the salon there. I have a trial booked at the salon the day before the wedding but I''m wondering if I should just do it myself because what if I hate it?!?

If you have done the makeup trial at MAC before how much does it cost? Do you HAVE to buy their makeup if you do a trial with them?

Hmmm.....

Bia

Ideal_Rock
FI''s sister got her make-up trial at MAC and loved it so much she hired the woman to do ours the day of.

I don''t know much about it other than they were very good.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input Bia! I appreciate it :)

I normally had a good time with MAC, however I went to the stand alone store in the Mall Of America once to get a make-up trial done (and so did a friend). We left looking like ........ umm.. starts with a who... and ends with re''s...... with black eyes. It was the worst make-up job I had ever seen. Omg we were dying laughing. We actually went to the Macy''s location before we left the mall and the nice people at THAT MAC counter took our crappy horrible make-up off and re did our faces. They were laughing at us so much.

I LOVE MAC. The trial was free for me, but seriously their make-is worth it. I would recommend buying a few of the products (eye colors and lip colors) the rest you could probably get elsewhere.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Thanks swedish bean! I appreciate it. So the actual trial was free then? I''m kind of mad at myself because I just bought a crap load of makeup through Mary Kay. I like it all don''t get me wrong but I should have gone with MAC. Oh well. I''m thinking about doing a trial and then going from there. Probably my best bet! Thanks guys!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i went to a MAC trial and then did my e-pic when i was in LV. i was told that the trial is $50 which can be used towards the purchase of their product. i needed to buy a few of their products anyway, so it was a perfect arrangement for me.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I used to get my make up done for work events (galas, etc) and it is $50 or a purchase of make up $50 or greater. I was pretty happy with my results each time. Some of the people can have crazy make up, but just explain that it is for your wedding and you want a more natural look (or maybe you dont?) But they were always receptive. My coworker would often go to the Clinque counter and be completely unhappy with her results. Like one time the woman told her she didn''t really know how to do eye make up! Whaat? However, you don''t get charged at Clinique and some of the other brands.

Weird! I swear I did not pay a thing for the trial- they didn''t ask me to buy anything either, I that time I did buy 3 eyeshadows because I LOVED what he did with my eyes.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a make up artist at the MAC store do my make up trial and my make up the day of. She was AMAZING! It was a $50 purchase each time. I didn't mind though because I wanted to have all the products she used just in case I needed them the day of. I actually spent a fair amount more to get them all. Plus I don't own much make up at all so it made sense to buy it.

ETA I started a thread with pics of the make up if you feel like tracking it down to see what it looked like. It's past my bedtime or I'd find you the link myself!
24.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I havn''t had my makeup done at MAC but I am using MAC lipstick on the day of my wedding. That stuff is fabulous!!!!!!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I''m going to go there for sure sometime before the year is over to get a trial! Can''t wait :)

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so now that I know you are in Southeast Michigan....
2.gif

There is a guy at the Somerset store (like not the kiosk at Macy's, but the store on the other side of the skywalk) that is AMAZING. He will do your makeup for you, and you will want to take him with you. He's bald and I do not know his name, but he's always there.

Even if they have you buy $50 worth of product, it's totally worth it. They have great stuff. Then you can do yourself up all week with different eye color combos, etc. and not just have amazing make-up on wedding day, you know?

Good luck!

ETA: He has done mine before with no explicit requirement for purchase. Although I didn't come in and say "do my makeup" I said "I will be doing my own makeup for my engagement pictures, and I need help putting it together." So I think they knew I was buying stuff anyway.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
leeNY- you rock! That''s not far from me at all. Thanks!!! I''m going to hunt him down!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results