shape
carat
color
clarity

LV''s Owners ever had your bags cleaned?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I recently have bought a Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Alma from a lady who lives near me who is a huge collector of Louis Vuitton and is letting some pieces go.
I am amassing some pieces for myself but mainly for my daughter who is real connoisseur at the age of 16 of the finer things in liife
9.gif
The bag is in excellent condition but has some water marks on the bottom and I want to get is cleaned at the LV store.
Has anyone done this, and how did it go?

sputat

Rough_Rock
From what I know, Vuitton (US boutiques) does not provide cleaning service for their bags... only repairs. I know Chanel and Hermes spruce up theirs though. You can take it to LV and have the entire bottom vachetta leather replaced, if you want. I know seasoned collectors apply saddlesoap to the leather to even out watermarks but I have never tried it myself.

Congrats getting your Alma though. It's a classic. One of my LV dream bags is the Vachetta Alma but with even patina. =)

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I know the stores won''t clean them. But just days after I got my speedy 25, I got caught in a rainstorm and ended up with bad water marks on my brand new handles. I used Coach''s leather cleaner product and was able to even them out pretty decently...but overall it made my handles darken a lot faster, I think. I would try a leather cleaner product, and then if that doesn''t do to your liking, the store can replace the water spotted part.
So this year I came across the Mirage Noir Speedy 30 and had to get it. I just have to add, the patent leather handles is the BEST thing that they ever did with this bag!

fd35_speedymiragenoir.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 4:34:32 PM
Author: sputat
From what I know, Vuitton (US boutiques) does not provide cleaning service for their bags... only repairs. I know Chanel and Hermes spruce up theirs though. You can take it to LV and have the entire bottom vachetta leather replaced, if you want. I know seasoned collectors apply saddlesoap to the leather to even out watermarks but I have never tried it myself.

Congrats getting your Alma though. It''s a classic. One of my LV dream bags is the Vachetta Alma but with even patina. =)
Thanks sputat I think the Aussie one does!
I have just read this thread on purseblog about using a magic eraser to clear so I might give this a try before aws I do really like the warm patina that the bag has but i hate the water marks!
Cleaning LV

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 8:17:36 PM
Author: Missrocks
I know the stores won''t clean them. But just days after I got my speedy 25, I got caught in a rainstorm and ended up with bad water marks on my brand new handles. I used Coach''s leather cleaner product and was able to even them out pretty decently...but overall it made my handles darken a lot faster, I think. I would try a leather cleaner product, and then if that doesn''t do to your liking, the store can replace the water spotted part.
So this year I came across the Mirage Noir Speedy 30 and had to get it. I just have to add, the patent leather handles is the BEST thing that they ever did with this bag!
Ooh I really really love this bag
30.gif
I am wary about using leather cleaner because that what everyone says it really darkens the handle.I love the dark honey warmth that this ones has.
I am tentatively going to give the magic erase a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results