shape
carat
color
clarity

LV Yums!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first and only LV bag so far, the mini looping. LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag. Its small enough (I love smaller bags) that I can still tuck it under my arm (even with a coat on), yet its roomy enough that I can (over)stuff it with all my essentials. I also used to hate LV, I thought they were so ugly. Then I began jonesing for a brown purse to match my brown boots. I looked at coach and gucci''s but they just didnt do it for me. Mine''s been battered but amazingly still looks almost perfect.

I also sometimes wonder if I come off pretentious to others. Being a doctor, I make sure I am extra careful not to seem like I am flaunting wealth (which I dont have) in front of my patients and co-workers. Its more of a personal hang up I have I guess. I work hard for the nice things I have and have them for my own pleasure, but I know it can evoke jealousy in those less fortunate. Perhaps now that I live in DC area its different but I was in a smaller working class town in Ohio and got a lot of comments made to me about my Tacori rings and my LV purse, etc. (most of the girls at work had fake ones). I make sure though that I always give to charity and I also drive an older car!

Great bags ladies! Gosh I am such a purse wh*re!

miniloopd.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
love that bag Punchnpie- now that you''re a "homey" we need to get together!
2.gif

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 4:41:04 PM
Author: butterfly 17

I was the same exact way. Hated LV bags and most especially the monogram canvas. Now, I can''t get enough of them.

Right now I am lusting after the Speedy 25 in Damier Canvas, if they decide to make it.
When and if it comes out, I will definitely get it.
The Damier Speedy is coming out this year. Watch for it!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 7:34:34 PM
Author: sevens one
love that bag Punchnpie- now that you''re a ''homey'' we need to get together!
2.gif

Definitely! It would be so much fun to meet everyone and see the bling live in person!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 5:08:10 PM
Here is a picture of the insider of the Koala Agenda. Kaleigh and I both have the Rose color interior.
I thought I already posted to this thread, but I must have dreamed it. I love dreaming about owning more LV of course.

I want this Koala Agenda, Butterfly. The price difference between this and the regular agenda is a lot, but I MUST have the pink lining.
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was one eBay yesterday looking around and there was a Luco authentic never worn with all the tags and stuff from the store ... I guess it was a gift and I think it went for like $300 or something. Insanity! I was soo tempted...but I gotta buckle down for a few months after Christmas and until my upgrade!
39.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I do not own a LV.
My most expensive bags are Coach. Did you guys work your way up to these LV''s, Prada, Marc, and Gucci''s or just jump in? ha ha!!

I love ''em, but wow they are expensive. I think my most expensive Coach was 380.00 (and I hate it!)

Guess I need to move on up!

Also does it bother you to see so many fakes around?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually for me Ann, I have really liked LV's for years, mostly because of the classic styles and the monogram browns and tans, which totally fits with my wardrobe of neutrals. I started off small with the pochette which was under $200 and dabbled in a few Fendi's and Prada's but my first big LV was this year when Greg got me my Coussin for my bday and Christmas gift. It was about $850 at the store I think after tax and all that. Alot of money!! I agree. But I ADORE IT. I am not a frequent purse switcher, so I prefer to have something I can carry consistently for at least 6 months before making a switch out to something else. And I find I always went back to my pochette when other bags bored me. I'd rather spend $500-1000 on a bag I will wear and keep around for years on end than a Kenneth Cole or something for $100-200 and will get bored with it because it's too trendy in a year or so.

I don't really like most Coach bags, to be really honest I feel like they are super mainstream and everyone has one around here, even super young teenage girls are sporting Coach (aka my sister got her first one when she was 12!). I did just get a small Coach black satin small 'dressy' purse for $100 at the outlet last week (super cute!) and I got Portia a Coach dog collar at the outlet, but so many of the Coach styles are sooo overplayed that I can't get on board with them, esp for $350 or whatever when I can spend $500 and get an LV. But funny, the LV's around here are prevalent as well, but that doesn't seem to bother me. Maybe because there are more styles so not everyone has the same thing? Go figure?

I just told Greg this morning I have decided to become an LV collector....
2.gif
..the look on his face was priceless!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I too feel Coach is mainstream. Like you saiad so many of the young girls have them.

I fell head over heels with a Fendi last year at Neimans in Scotsdale, did not get it $850.00 ish. Now I wish I had. I think I have probably spent that much on Coach bags since then.

The fake thing bugs me. I see so, so many women with the fake Dooney''s or LV''s. It makes me think, well h-ll, why should I spend big $ on a bag and have someone think oh, it''s fake.

I have a bd coming up - Fendi here I come!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve died and gone to Heaven. Diamonds and handbags!!! I''ve lurked for a while and found that this is a site for ''people like me''. I have 4 lv, 2 gucci and a prada. And diamonds.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2006 7:38:19 PM
Author: moon river
I''ve died and gone to Heaven. Diamonds and handbags!!! I''ve lurked for a while and found that this is a site for ''people like me''. I have 4 lv, 2 gucci and a prada. And diamonds.
1.gif
Welcome Moon River. Let''s see your Lv''s

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
My next purchase will be a digital camera. I would love to share pics of my the objects of my obsession. Believe it or not we just got a home computer in December
23.gif
. It took so long to get into the 20th century that I can only hope to see the 21st sometime soon. I had to have my teenager give me computer lessons. I went a week w/out being able to turn it on or off!!! Yes, I live under a rock(with my diamonds and purses
9.gif
)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Around here I can't take two steps without seeing a LV. I dont mind fakes b/c it feels different when it's real! Maybe b/c I see so many LVs I feel a little "showy" in a Gucci but no with my big LV. I'm a huge fan of the Marc Jacobs b/c they are understated...but they are so freakin expensive. I got mine discounted and won't be getting another unless it's on sale. Speaking of which I have never seen a LV on sale! Figures...

WHERE IS THE BLACK MONOGRAM CANVAS LV???? (Not the odd quilted) Now THAT would be a PROBLEM for me. A MAJOR MAJOR PROBLEM!
18.gif
30.gif

Jo

Shiny_Rock
ann - Yes, the designer bags are soooo expensive. I was a Coach girl too for some time; then I wasn''t crazy about their styles anymore. I''m like Mara, I''ll carry a bag for a year without changing. But to answer your question, yes I jumped in because I couldn''t find anything out there I really liked.

I have this philosophy about dressing where a couple of nice items will pull the look together. In my case it''s a nice purse and a good pair of pants. I go for Theory because I''m a bit hippy and the pants are very flattering on me. So those are 2 items that cost a bit more. Then I''ll wear cheap t-shirts and denim jackets. I still wear a sweater and leather jacket I got at Target five years ago. My favorite t-shirt this season came from Wet Seal - $7. I''ve worn it to death.

So I guess this is my way of rationalizing having an $800 bag. Actually I''d be curious what everyone spends on clothing per year, but thats for another post...

By the way, I wore my new Ellipse to dinner this evening (per the post where I asked LV Opinions).

Ellipse1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the new bag Jo and yours too Punchie!!

I agree that sometimes bag and shoes or something like that can pull an outfit together or make an otherwise casual outfit a bit more UP....

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Okay, new LV list for this year-
LV Speedy 25 or 30 Damier canvas
LV papillon 30 Damier canvas
LV Ribera (?) Damier canvas (but I can''t decide what size I want)

Oh and to answer your question Ann, I started off with Coach bags and then when Kate Spade came out, I got a few of her bags. The I decided I liked Gucci and Fendi, but I am more of a "one bag per year" person. I got my first LV in 2000, which was the pochette and then in 2001 and 2002, I got Gucci''s instead. I started again with LV in 2003 and have been with them ever since.

The truth is, I don''t even look like I can afford a designer bag. I don''t drive a expensive car, wear jeans and sweats most of the time and I am usually not done up (ie:hair, makeup and nails). Plus, now that I have my two kids, I really look like a mess, but I don''t really care what people think of me. I am sure some people think I am wearing a fake diamond ring as well.

As long as I know what I have is real and I am satisfied with myself, everyone else can go to H*ll. I spent years not being able to afford, and I consider what I do at work more than enough to justify how I choose to spend my hard earned money.
2.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of my small collection: Lucille PM on top, Fowler and Cite MM on the bottom. I also found a silver Vernis zip wallet that I never used.

LV Purses  (440 x 450).jpg

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Speaking of silver vernis, I also found a purse that was buried in my closet: Hello Kitty silver vernis! The HK pattern is upside down in this picture because I had pen marks on the other side :)

LV Hello Kitty (600 x 450).jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone.

I''m mostly a lurker and also a relative newcomer to PS... However, this is *so* funny...things I love: diamonds / jewelry and handbags (especially LV).

I have a small growing collection...a couple of purses and most recently, a wallet from the multicolore line (french purse style). Lately though, I just carry around a Kate Spade baby bag, so the purses are all sitting in the closet. Pre-baby though, my fave (and most functional) was my Damier bucket bag.
3.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2006 2:56:21 PM
Author: sslkrissi
I love the bag to death, but as someone else on PS mentioned, it is a royal pain in the butt that you have to unbuckle both of the little buckle''s to get into it everytime you need to.
I have the Marelle MM too, and tho it was a pain the the butt in the beginning, i got used to unbuckling it real quick. Now my main concern is breaking the straps! Do you think the leather will last over the years? Or would i have to get it replaced eventually in a few years?

Here''s my baby!

LV%20purse%20and%20ring.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FK well LV will fix it for you if anything happens so just wear the heck out of it IMO!!! I love that bag! The clutch one is a real cutie too and only something like $450. an LV bargain! Hmm.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 1:34:56 PM
Author: ForteKitty

Date: 1/5/2006 2:56:21 PM
Author: sslkrissi
I love the bag to death, but as someone else on PS mentioned, it is a royal pain in the butt that you have to unbuckle both of the little buckle''s to get into it everytime you need to.
I have the Marelle MM too, and tho it was a pain the the butt in the beginning, i got used to unbuckling it real quick. Now my main concern is breaking the straps! Do you think the leather will last over the years? Or would i have to get it replaced eventually in a few years?

Here''s my baby!

LV%20purse%20and%20ring.jpg
After I bought it, I took it back to LV to return it and get something else. I really didn''t see anything that I liked as much as the one I had so I decided to keep it, But I asked them that exact question. The saleslady told me that the leather will soften with use and once it becomes softer, opening and closing the straps will not put as much stress on them. So, according to her answer, I think that it will be ok and won''t need to be replaced.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! i''m gonna carry that purse until it falls apart.
5.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 5:14:47 PM
Okay, new LV list for this year-
LV Speedy 25 or 30 Damier canvas
LV papillon 30 Damier canvas
LV Ribera (?) Damier canvas (but I can''t decide what size I want)

Oh and to answer your question Ann, I started off with Coach bags and then when Kate Spade came out, I got a few of her bags. The I decided I liked Gucci and Fendi, but I am more of a ''one bag per year'' person. I got my first LV in 2000, which was the pochette and then in 2001 and 2002, I got Gucci''s instead. I started again with LV in 2003 and have been with them ever since.

The truth is, I don''t even look like I can afford a designer bag. I don''t drive a expensive car, wear jeans and sweats most of the time and I am usually not done up (ie:hair, makeup and nails). Plus, now that I have my two kids, I really look like a mess, but I don''t really care what people think of me. I am sure some people think I am wearing a fake diamond ring as well.

As long as I know what I have is real and I am satisfied with myself, everyone else can go to H*ll. I spent years not being able to afford, and I consider what I do at work more than enough to justify how I choose to spend my hard earned money.
2.gif

You Go Girl!
36.gif
36.gif

It''s your money- you earned it- (and ps- I wouldn''t Quite consider you a "MESS")
9.gif

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
It''s interesting reading this thread because i am not a big LV fan at all. I LOVE handbags to death, but i don''t like logo bags. My future MIL got me a coach logo purse for Christmas last year, and I feel akward when i use it (which is only when i am gonna see her
1.gif
. A couple of my friends have LV''s or D&B''s and I always wondered what they saw in them, but didn''t want to be rude and ask. Now it kind of seems like its a mixture of how they look and how they make you feel about yourself. Which makes sense to me, its just that i feel better when i have a nice more "incognito" purse on like a Mark Jacobs. (I do have to admit that the orange speedy is really cute!)

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I must say that I am with CourtHorn on this. I am very new (within the last 5 months) to the world of handbags. I always carried a single huge one and wore it until it fell apart and died. Then I saw a Coach purse that I liked and that fueled a new Coach purse obsession. I bought a few logo''d ones, but vastly prefer the leather purses. I don''t see the allure for the LV canvas purses, until I saw the leather ones. $700 plus is too much for me to spend on canvas, hell I think that $250 plus is too much to spend on the Coach logo ones. The LV designs are really cute and I am glad that you ladies enjoy them. To each his own. And having said all that, I am now still following page three of this topic : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''ll have to post my new Tod''s
11.gif
My black gucci has no wear bc the Gs make me feel odd all of a sudden.
And OMG , there is a new Marc Jacobs satchel. Holy crap.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2006 7:08:55 PM
Oh Shoot! Now I want one too.
emcry.gif

how about this baby

Multipli-cité

p10517388_ph_hero.jpg

that one would be perfect for me I love all the compartments..everyone's LV's are so NICE. I can't ask my poor hubby for anything until the upgrade is complete but after that
27.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2006 9:53:04 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 1/5/2006 7:08:55 PM
Oh Shoot! Now I want one too.
emcry.gif

how about this baby

Multipli-cité

p10517388_ph_hero.jpg

that one would be perfect for me I love all the compartments..everyone''s LV''s are so NICE. I can''t ask my poor hubby for anything until the upgrade is complete but after that
27.gif
Just to warn you guys, I have this bag, don''t put your cell phone in the cell phone pocket or you''ll catch heck gettin it out!

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Another addition today. Yesterday I bought a white Chanel wallet, and now that I''m carrying a Speedy 30 I was worried about it getting scratched or dirty inside the large bag. So I got the accessories pouch to protect my wallet while it''s sliding around. I''m not really sure why they gave me one of the older-style dustbags, though.

Picture004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results