shape
carat
color
clarity

lunar eclipse anyone watching? its tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
any tips? thaks..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it was tomorrow night? Maybe I''m confused...I know for sure that it will not be visible in my time zone (central, NA) until very early morning I think so I will miss it since I''ll be asleep)...hopefully MarcyC or Skippy or Lorelei, our resident stargazers will chime in and let us know for sure! I was telling my DH who is OOT this week, about it, he''s in Atlanta so he could view it before I will be able to if he''s up super early I think...he didn''t seem too interested, lol!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks a lot..I am going to get up at 3am to see.I hope the clouds will be gone... thanks again..

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
It starts here in 3 hours with the peak at 9 tonight. Clear skies and we have got a spectacular view from our patio area. Mild night so should be awesome!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Where are you Katebar? I have to get up at around 3 Am and stay up to see it.Did see animation of it..( Skippy''s link---thanks) It is worth wating for..

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cloudy here but catching glimpes of it off and on.

I saw the 1982 one thru the whole thing from out in the country.
Ran away from home for the night and rode my bike 15 miles each way, and got into a boat load of trouble involving cops but thats another story.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
beware there is blood on the moon the tidings are ill.

actually it looks like a badly cut pink tourmaline. :}
man this brings back some kewl memories and some sad ones.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the moon is gone!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw it at 5:45 this morning - it was total at that time.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I watched it between 2-3 a.m. here in California. This time I''ve had better luck than previous attempts, because the sky was very clear.

I was laughing at myself because I caught myself thinking, "Hmm... The moon looks like an opal. No, more like a moonstone... Now it looks like a spessartite garnet."
2.gif

Just for fun, I took some images and videos of different stages of the eclipse, and put them together into a short video clip. If anyone is interested, click on the 8/28 entry of my blog.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 10:26:26 PM
Author: singingbell
Just for fun, I took some images and videos of different stages of the eclipse, and put them together into a short video clip. If anyone is interested, click on the 8/28 entry of my blog.
Enjoyed your blog! Thanks so much. I love eclipses, but I missed this one.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Scarleta I live on the east coast of Australia. We thought the moon looked like a lolly or a coated asprin!!
1.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Yes we got up just before 3 am and watched it for a bit.Great experience the next one will be in Februrary I think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results