shape
carat
color
clarity

Luciano Pavarotti Passes Away at 71

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw. I knew when I heard he was in a coma yesterday, it wouldn''t be long.

GOD he was good.

RIP

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting this John,

RIP Luciano
emrose.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is sad. I use to watch the three tenors on PBS: Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, and Jose Carreras. I always enjoyed listening to them; what a beautiful voice!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
This was too sad to deal with...

Literally, I got a text message from a close friend who once sang with him this morning and I was soooo saddened. I was hoping he would get better, against all odds...

I met him once many years ago, but I wish I had actually known him...His gift was so immense that those who have heard others sing the librettos and songs that made him famous can never really enjoy them with another singer at the helm...
38.gif
no one could do the High C's like him, especially in a succession of 8! He was the Embassador of Opera to the masses, singing with Spice Girls, Enrique Iglesias, George Michael and various others while still maintaining the most impressing Nessun Dorma, O Holy Night and my fave: O Sole Mio. He was also very active in charities all over Africa and the world, often donating proceeds from his internationally best-selling CDs...

May he rest in peace, now that he has at least some respite... The art world lost a great virtuoso..
39.gif

ETA: John, you are a musician, you dark horse...
31.gif
Didn't know that!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
He was one of the greats. He will be missed. Thanks for posting this John.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
R.I.P.
emrose.gif

He died of the same terrible cancer my dad is battling
39.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky enough to attend several of his performances. He truly was the greatest tenor.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 10:58:22 AM
Author: VegasAngel
R.I.P.
emrose.gif

He died of the same terrible cancer my dad is battling
39.gif

Oh Vegas Angel, I am so sorry. I will be praying for your dad!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2007 10:44:30 AM
Author: Skippy123
That is sad. I use to watch the three tenors on PBS: Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, and Jose Carreras. I always enjoyed listening to them; what a beautiful voice!
Me too, Skippy...I grew up on PBS, we didn't have cable in our rural area and my dad would never spring for a satellite dish because we got about 10 "regular" channels and as long as he could see his ball games and watch the news he felt we weren't missing out, lol! We watched Jeopardy!, Lawrence Welk, all the PBS specials and shows, etc. I loved watching anything to do with music, so I also enjoyed the three tenors. Pavorotti will be missed. I almost posted this very topic last night as soon as the news came out.

VegasAngel, so sorry to hear about your dad, I'll be thinking positive thoughts for him.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
This is sad. May he rest in peace.

VA, so sorry to hear about your dad. I''ll be thinking positive thoughts for him as well.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 11:20:03 PM
Author: monarch64

Date: 9/6/2007 10:44:30 AM
Author: Skippy123
Me too, Skippy...I grew up on PBS, we didn't have cable in our rural area and my dad would never spring for a satellite dish because we got about 10 'regular' channels and as long as he could see his ball games and watch the news he felt we weren't missing out, lol! We watched Jeopardy!, Lawrence Welk, all the PBS specials and shows, etc. I loved watching anything to do with music, so I also enjoyed the three tenors. Pavorotti will be missed. I almost posted this very topic last night as soon as the news came out.

VegasAngel, so sorry to hear about your dad, I'll be thinking positive thoughts for him.
Monarch, no way!!! I watched Lawrence Welk and the Electric company and we didn't get cable till I was older. Monnie you are cracking me up w/our similarities
9.gif

ETA: sorry for the hijack John

I think I might buy the 3 tenors on DVD since I enjoyed it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I''ll post more on your who''s who thread, I hate to hijack Luciano''s memory, hee hee...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the title of this thread before I saw who had started it. I had been mourning Mr. Pavarotti in my own way and almost did not open this...but then I saw you had started it, John. I should have known! A true music lover and musician amongst us wanting to share the music. Thank you.

Deb
34.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy, Monarch & Snlee.

I told my dad a few weeks ago that Pavarotti had the same kind of cancer. I was really hoping that Pavarotti would beat the odds.
38.gif
39.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 10:53:30 AM
Author: VegasAngel
Thanks Skippy, Monarch & Snlee.

I told my dad a few weeks ago that Pavarotti had the same kind of cancer. I was really hoping that Pavarotti would beat the odds.
38.gif
39.gif
Not to hijak but my mother had Pancreatic Cancer so if you ever want to talk about it, I''m here...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, also, did not want to turn this thread into one on pancreatic cancer. I did want to hear how your father was doing, VegasAngel. We had all been talking before in another forum (Health and Family?). Maybe we can resume there.

I have to say that I listened to "Nessun Dorma" so many times that I eventually joined YouTube and saved it as my first "favorite". The beautiful tributes to Mr. Pavarotti, in Spanish, Italian, and English that keep appearing below the video are so inspiring! If John hadn''t posted this tribute I never would have heard the aria or read all those messages!

No, I had never heard that aria before...not sung by Mr. Pavarotti or by anyone else. I had never heard "Turandot" performed. The song is gorgeous. And because I kept going back to play it, I got to see more and more messages appear and to see how many people had been visiting YouTube from all over the world to listen to it! Well over a million people had listened just to the clip to which John posted a link! Hearing everyone, in different languages, say the same things about this singer is just beautiful. One poster wrote that God had written "Nessun Dorma" for Pavarotti to sing. That may be slighting Puccini, but I was feeling the same way!

If you haven''t visited the YouTube site, you must!

Deborah
34.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
AmandaPanda I would love to talk about it, No worries AGBF Thank you for opening my old thread, I''m going to update in there
emteeth.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
La sua voce lo incita a piangere con gioia. Sono riconoscente che, benchè il suo cuore calmato, la sua voce meravigliosa, magnifica, bella viva sopra. Resto nel Maestro di pace.

Grazie di Mille, JohnQ, per honoring qui.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results