shape
carat
color
clarity

Ltlfirecracker are you tracking your spinel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''m guessing ours went out around the same time. Mine just left England and seems to be headed in this direction. I hope I get it this week.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Just got the tracking info today! Mine is in England. Hoping it arrives to my FI's house before the end of the week. But to keep myself from getting disappointed if it doesn't I am planning on not seeing it for 2 weeks.

I had a huge problem when I got a package from Sally (from ETSY) shipped into my town. I don't want to deal with that again, that is why I had it shipped to San Antonio. But I forgot Eric uses UPS, so I guess that wasn't necessary.

I hope you get yours soon!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
interkitten,

just tracked the tracking info. They are going to attempt delivery today!!!! I might see my new stones this weekend!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait to see pictures and read your opinion on it!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My FI is the best!!!!!

So I was tracking my package and UPS left it at his door!!!! So I e-mailed him to let him know. I figured I just had to hope it was safe until the end of the day. Well 2 hours later, I receive this picture.

I have no idea how accurate the colors are, but I hope the spinel is a little pinker. But I have to remember this is a camera phone from someone who has never photographed a gem. I am not sure what the black thing is???

I am so excited. I can''t believe he went home to get them. I will have the stones in hand Friday night when he comes down.

FIswalapicture.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh congrats! please post pics asap!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oops! You just posted one sorry. Wow it''s really red in the photo! But I think you need more to tell for sure.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think the black thing is a garnet. So if you figure that would be a shade or two lighter than you can kind of guess on the spinel color a bit better.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 7:03:36 PM
Author: innerkitten
I think the black thing is a garnet. So if you figure that would be a shade or two lighter than you can kind of guess on the spinel color a bit better.

That is what I was thinking. I am waiting to get a description from my FI, but I am not going to call him for another hour or so. My guess is that he will want to work late since he left mid-day to pick up the stone.

It is going to be a long wait till Friday night!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s here! My guess is that the darkish stone is a pyrope garnet.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 9:12:11 AM
Author: Chrono
It’s here! My guess is that the darkish stone is a pyrope garnet.

I will ask Eric after I see it tomorrow.

So I asked my FI if it was red or pink

"it looks pink to me"

I asked him if he thought it was bright

"I think so"

I didn''t dare ask what shade of pink it was or the secondary hue.

I guess I will have no idea until tomorrow night, I hope work goes by fast.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results