shape
carat
color
clarity

Lowering Diamond slightly Tacori setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Was wondering if you think it will look better and if it''s possible to lower the center diamond slightly.
Im finding I prefer lower settings, but since I already bought this one, was wondering if you think it would look better and if it can be done. Also, Im enlarging both eternity rings 1/4 size, since it is hard to get over my knuckles.
I think if i lower the center, it will also help not spin so much once I do get it enlarged 1/4 size.

new12 039.jpg

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
another view

new13 031.jpg

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
This is another Tacori ring with the diamond lower, it''s the 3rd ring. Do you think I could do this to the ring above?

333stonepavecoll3.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would Tacori do it ?

It looks like there is allot of room to lower the diamond... and really not much to resize the ring (1/4 of size is very little, so perhaps it works).

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Actually, the jeweler that sold it to me is excellent and I would prefer that he do it, instead of having
to ship my diamond to Tacori. Do you think it would look better?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there some warranty from Tacori ? Some makers require to do all alterations to their rings to preserve that...
Not sure what policy Tacori has.

I d prefer lower set rings, but... that''s just me.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
There was someone else a couple weeks ago that wanted their Tacori (I believe) lowered. If my memory serves me right, I believe she had her jeweler do it. Maybe she will chime in and let us know!!
1.gif

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I would prefer that the jeweler do it. I''m trusting them, and they also indicated it is safer than mailing the center diamond all the way to Tacori. I think that the reputation that this jeweler has with Tacori, that it would not void my warrenty, because they haven''t told me that it would. I''m not even going to bring it up, because the jeweler is recommending that he do the work instead of shipping it all the way to Tacori. It''s a very high end jewelry store, they order Tacori rings all the time from Tacori. If something were to happen, im sure Tacori would fix it.

I would like it set lower, I hope it can be done without jeopardizing the look of the ring.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Talk to the jeweler. There''s a pretty good chance that this won''t be all that hard. They will probably need to do some work on the prongs to make it work out right in the end but they should be able to give you a straight answer after they see it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Neil for your input. I will ask the jeweler and pay him extra for the work.
I just hope it will look better.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Do you think I will need a whole new head, or can they just customize this head and push the diamond
lower like the Rosebud diamond sits. ?

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Do you think that they can shorten the prongs so their not as long, and then
the diamond can sit lower? Or is this double prong deal impossible to shorten
the prongs slightly.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 9:45:44 AM
Author:Carolynw
Was wondering if you think it will look better and if it''s possible to lower the center diamond slightly.
Im finding I prefer lower settings, but since I already bought this one, was wondering if you think it would look better and if it can be done. Also, Im enlarging both eternity rings 1/4 size, since it is hard to get over my knuckles.
I think if i lower the center, it will also help not spin so much once I do get it enlarged 1/4 size.
How high does your setting sit in mm from your finger to the top of the stone?

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
How would I measure it?

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
How high does your setting sit in mm from your finger to the top of the stone?

If i measure from my finger to the top of the stone, it measures 8 mm.

So, it feels alittle high, do you think so?

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Well, just decided with Tacori and my jeweler, that to set the diamond lower, its best to switch the head
to the one U, like the Rosebud style. So, i sent my diamond, setting and w-band to Tacori,
to put the Rosebud head on the Koala setting, and set the diamond lower.
Tacori thought it would look funny if the diamond was set lower with the double U head that is
made for the Koala. They suggested if i wanted a lower setting, to just switch the head to the Rosebud.
So, im going with that decision. Also, Tacori will now enlarge the two rings 1/4 size instead of
my jeweler, which im really happy about too. Hope it looks good when i get it.
The thickness of the double U, kind of bothered me actually, so im hoping with the one U,
and lower setting it will look nice, what do you think?
Carolyn

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Carolyn,
I''m glad you decided to send the ring back to Taccori. I think changong the head to the one u and setting the stone lower will be very nice. Taccori knows what they''re doing and i''m sure you''ll be happy with the end result. How long did they say it would take, a couple weeks? Good luck!

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, a couple weeks, Im also very glad im sending it to Tacori.
Much better than having my jeweler doctor it up.
Thanks again, i hope the one U does look better and the low setting more comfortable.

AaronG

Rough_Rock
Carolyn,

Congrats on the ring, it is beautiful. I could really use your help because I am in the same situation. I recently purchased the same ring for my girlfriend but have not given it to her yet. I too thought that the diamond should sit a little lower. Could you please send me a picture of the ring with the new setting? And, what size diamond is in the setting. Thanks in advance for the help.

aaron

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results