shape
carat
color
clarity

Lower girdle % difference in pair

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
How much difference is acceptable with the lower girdle % for a matching pair of diamonds. Would you be ok with one being 76 and the other 78. Everything else on the diamonds matches up really well apart from this. How do you feel?

J_Green

Rough_Rock
Trade
Quality requirements for diamond stud earrings can be significantly relaxed when compared to diamonds to be set in engagement rings. This is due to the fact that the average distance at which they are viewed is notably farther than the distance at which engagement rings are viewed.

Additionally, due to the added viewing distance, many stones for engagement rings that aren’t considered eye-clean can be considered eye-clean for diamond studs.

The following guidelines will help choose a perfect match:

Color.
Same grade - H-J should face up beautifully, I wouldn't go any higher

Clarity
Doesn't have to be the same, if one stone is a VS1 and the second is a Good SI they could still make a great pair. Bare in mind that a nice SI2 could definitely do the job.

Size.
A key factor is keeping this factor closely E. I 0.71 H SI1 5.74X5.37X3.52
0.71 H SI1 5.74X5.71X3.53
I guess the most important factors is the table. The table really determines the similarity of the stones face up.

The picture below show 2 diamonds with identical parameters, but different table 61 table vs 57 table

_23816.jpg

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Any more thoughts from anyone

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CrazyBirdLady|1415090069|3777241 said:
How much difference is acceptable with the lower girdle % for a matching pair of diamonds. Would you be ok with one being 76 and the other 78. Everything else on the diamonds matches up really well apart from this. How do you feel?
Do you have images of the stones?

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Bumping for some help

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
J_Green|1415095044|3777259 said:
The picture below show 2 diamonds with identical parameters, but different table 61 table vs 57 table

Hi J,

Can you tell us more about the two diamonds you posted? Your post specified that they've got identical parameters aside from the 61 table, but given the mammoth table reflection in the one on the left I'd have assumed a MUCH steeper pavilion, even accounting for the larger table, and longer LGF as well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIA rounds LGF to 5% so the difference between AGS 76 and 78 isn't something to worry about at all, assuming everything else matches reasonably well.

The JA looks like a nice match. I would recommend having your JA rep pull it and confirm the negligible fluorescence to ensure it matches your BGD Signature in that respect ::)

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much Yssie. Im glad you think its a good match. Wow how can GIA round anything up by 5%! It's such a large amount.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results