shape
carat
color
clarity

Love this Christian Bauer ring - but too much $$$! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance and I love this Christian Bauer ring, but it is simply not in the budget with the recent price increases for platinum and of course the designer mark-up. Does anyone know of a good vendor to get a substantial discount on Christian Bauer, or of any other manufacturer who makes anything similar in platinum or white gold for less money?

Thank you!
027350-2.jpg

slammie

Shiny_Rock
choo choo, trying calling Bill at Topper jewelers in Burlingame, CA. They will probably give you a discount on that ring. Here''s a link to their website.
For contact info

targa

Rough_Rock
my wife and i purchased the same ring last year- we looked everywhere (b&m and internet)- the cheapest we could find it was $1600 including tax/engraving,etc. this was at toppers.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
That looks just like DHs ring... brushed platinum and the center is gold?

We got his at Jared''s and i believe it was around $1200. I would have to dig out the receipt to know for sure, but thats at home and im at work.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies!

Unfortunately, titanium or tungsten are out - my fiance does not like the darker color.

I''m very curious to see if we could find a similar ring at a B&M store like Jared''s, but unfortunately they do not have any stores in MA. I would be very interested to hear if anyone has seen anything similar in other chain stores or stores in Boston?

Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 9:31:29 AM
Author: ChooChoo

Unfortunately, titanium or tungsten are out - my fiance does not like the darker color.
What are the two metals in the Bauer ring then? I would have bet on platinum (outer) and Ti (middle) ...

The design is typical for Ti rings and at least one company specializing in Ti jewelry also does their designs in traditional metals.

For example - These guys I don''t know much about them. Mara tried the shop out but Boone Rings ultimately won. But that story is about a Ti tension ring, and I do not know if Boone does work in traditional jewelry metals.

w18-200.jpg

Hope this helps.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results