shape
carat
color
clarity

LOVE my new boots!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''m heading North in 2 weekends to visit some family in Indiana. I decided I needed a new pair of "winter" sloshing boots, that I don''t have to worry about messing up.

Well, I headed out to my nearest Sacks to see what beauties I could scoop up. Well, I fell in love, and apparently everyone else has too!!! I have had them for 3 weeks, and have worn them, in Houston, every night and weekend!!

They''re made by Wellington, style is called HUNTER, and they''re an older company, but the new style is ohhhh so shic!!! I was trying to find a picture a few days ago to send my best friend, and I came across they''re listing on Zappos.com. Well, out of over 150 reviews, they have a 5 STAR rating!!! I can''t promote these enough. They are wayyyy comfortable and you can buy these great knee-high fleece socks to go with them for only $15!!!

Does anyone else have these??? Do you love them too?!?!? Here''s the link if you''re interested...
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/26278628/c/396.html

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Mere, I have them in navy and I love them! I got them around April of last year and they hold up really well. I wear them at the slightest chance of rain...any excuse, right?

I don''t have the sock inserts, but was thinking about getting them. Do you like the inserts?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Awww, wellies!!!
36.gif
Now I''m getting all nostalgic for my wee red ones from when I was, eh, wee...
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 11:59:13 AM
Author: CrownJewel
Mere, I have them in navy and I love them! I got them around April of last year and they hold up really well. I wear them at the slightest chance of rain...any excuse, right?

I don''t have the sock inserts, but was thinking about getting them. Do you like the inserts?
CJ--- I got the fleece socks, bc they''re easily washable, and I love the way they fold over the top of the boot. It makes them look like they are lined. Also, after wearing them, they give you alot more of a cushion inbetween your shin and the boot itself. I would deff recommend them. The only thing you have to get used to, is that the seam is down the bottom of your foot. It runs from the top of your toes, under the ball of your foot, and ends at your heel. It sounds awkward, but it take all of 5 minutes to completely forget about it.

Delster--- I only wish my parents had known about these when I was younger!! You''re very lucky!!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
This post really made me smile. In the horsey world here in the UK these boots have been very popular for many years - I lived in them for a long time. However, now everyone wears Muck Boots which are lined with neoprene and much much warmer. You are in very good company however because Her Majesty the Queen wears Hunters!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOHHH!!! I''m ROYAL!!!
30.gif
jk Chris is going to LOVE that you told me that...
2.gif

Living in Texas... Neoprene would work for about 3-4 weeks, and then I would never be able to wear them, for fear of being too hot. Thanks for adding, I had no idea they have been popular for so long. I think they have just hit it big here in the US, in the last year or so.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those look great! I have to ask though -- how do you wear them with pants?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe, I fold in the leg of my pants/jeans and pull my sock over them (80''s style). Then I slip right into my boot. Would you like me to do a step by step photo demonstration?
2.gif

Just kidding, I''m pretty nerdy...but not...that...nerdy.
41.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 7:40:43 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Those look great! I have to ask though -- how do you wear them with pants?
Actually I have a great pair of Kitson''s that have a slight boot-leg shape, and I wear the jeans over the top of the boots. I have yet to try them with my pants on the inside. I''m thinking about finding a cute pair of leggings maybe???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results