shape
carat
color
clarity

Louis Vuitton & Gucci Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ms_claudia

Rough_Rock
I am a HUGE Louis Vuitton and Gucci freak but I''m having a dilemma.
Here''s the dilemma:

I currently own 4 pieces of vintage Gucci luggage but am dying for the Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Keepall (that''s LV-speak for the duffel bag in the ivory/grey box pattern).

I really can''t justify all this expensive designer luggage to begin with when I really don''t travel that much or have that much room in my tiny college apartment for all the luggage, so I''m considering selling one or two of my vintage gucci''s to buy the new LV duffel.
A part of me really doesn''t want to sell off my gucci''s because they''re gorgeous vintage pieces that gucci no longer makes. But on the other hand I''ve really been coveting the LV duffel which I''d get more use out of and takes up less space than my ginormous gucci luggage (I''m in college so I have very limited space in my little apartment). My gucci luggage are suitcases so I can only use them while traveling, whereas the LV duffel can be used as my weekend/overnight bag to go to the bf''s and even possible as a gym bag (if I ever go to the gym lol)

What do you think? Should I sell off some of my precious Gucci for an LV or should I just hang onto my Guccis?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Aside from the ''moral'' dilema of selling your vintage Gucci...

I would never use the Damier Azur for luggage, I would get it dirty while it was still in its'' dustbag. Why Azur for luggage?

ms_claudia

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 1:39:13 PM
Author: Steel
Aside from the ''moral'' dilema of selling your vintage Gucci...

I would never use the Damier Azur for luggage, I would get it dirty while it was still in its'' dustbag. Why Azur for luggage?

I want the Azur for luggage because it''s different, I feel like everybody and their grandmother has the classic LV monogram. And I figure the keepall is a carry on size so it''s not going to be manhandled by baggage handlers... I also already have the damier azur speedy purse and know that it''s extremely dirt resistant (I''ve had it for a year now and it''s been through the works, rain, outdoors events, me being a total klutz), pretty much all the canvas materials from Louis Vuitton are.

With that said... What shall I do?

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I would say one of the factors here would be the condition and type of your Gucci cases. Do you have pictures? Would selling one of them raise enough money to buy the Keepall? Keep in mind that luggage depreciates faster than handbags.

Personally, it doesn''t sound like you want to part with your Gucci. If I were you, I''d just save up and get the Keepall at a later date when you don''t feel like you have to sell off something you don''t want to. But if you think the luggage is something you''re bound to get rid of sooner or later, then I suppose a new Keepall is a good time as any.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Do you think you would regret selling vintage goodies? I would.
I like the idea of saving for the newer piece. That way
you keep what you have and can add the other piece later.
A win, win in my book.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2008 3:41:37 PM
Author: bebe
Do you think you would regret selling vintage goodies? I would.
I like the idea of saving for the newer piece. That way
you keep what you have and can add the other piece later.
A win, win in my book.
Ditto. Thats the thing with rare vintage, you could regret it and never find those pieces again, or in acceptable condition. I would keep them and save up, or see if you can fund the LV by selling something else?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Ok.. I actually have the LV Damier Azure Speedy... and please do NOT get it as a bag you will use alot... Since its white, stuff rubs off on it.. My jeans have pretty much ruined my bag :( and ive only had it since May! I went to the store all mad because there was this blue stuff on my pretty bag, I thought it was the navy squares (which by the way they arent grey but a navy color) rubbing around ruining it, but it was actually my jeans... :(

Also, you arent going to get what you think you will selling one of your vintage gucci bags.. I sold a vintage gucci purse and got nothing.. seriously.. and same with my LV.. I sold a bag that would cost $1000 for like $200... so you might not even make what you would pay for the new bag, and then you lost your luggage...

I say keep the luggage you have...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I think I would keep the vintage Gucci because they are irreplaceable.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 3:49:58 PM
Author: blondebunny
Ok.. I actually have the LV Damier Azure Speedy... and please do NOT get it as a bag you will use alot... Since its white, stuff rubs off on it.. My jeans have pretty much ruined my bag :( and ive only had it since May! I went to the store all mad because there was this blue stuff on my pretty bag, I thought it was the navy squares (which by the way they arent grey but a navy color) rubbing around ruining it, but it was actually my jeans... :(

Also, you arent going to get what you think you will selling one of your vintage gucci bags.. I sold a vintage gucci purse and got nothing.. seriously.. and same with my LV.. I sold a bag that would cost $1000 for like $200... so you might not even make what you would pay for the new bag, and then you lost your luggage...

I say keep the luggage you have...
Agreed!

I have the Damier Azur Hampstead MM and although I am so careful it already has some marks on it.

I would never ever use damier azur as luggage. Save your money and keep your Gucci
1.gif

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your great input :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results