shape
carat
color
clarity

Louis Vuitton Bag - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
I''m thinking of getting this bag (in this color) for fall & winter, but want to check with you all to see what you think. I pretty much wear ALL BLACK -- either bootcut Theory trousers or Paige jeans....and I am middle aged, but don''t like to look matronly.

I live in Southern Calif. so it''s not unusual for people to walk around with designer bags. I''ve been wearing a Kooba and am tired of the hobo unstructured bags; can''t seem to find anything in them.

What do you think of the style?

11137408_amarante.jpg

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I vote yes. I love it.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I totally love it!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I vote yes! Although I think shiny finish might get scratched and scuffed more than the regular canvas ones. It''s very nice though
1.gif

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Does the bag look really conservative?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love the color, so gorgeous. My mom has Summit Drive in Amarante, and it''s lovely. Personally I am not a fan of the Brentwood; it''s just too simple for my taste. But if you like the style, then go for it.

Just be careful with vernis, and don''t put it on or next to newspaper (the print will transfer onto the bag).

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I almost bought the Brentwood in ivory last summer, but the sales girl warned me about the Vernis being very, very stain-prone.

I''m not sure if it is an issue with that beautiful eggplant color (amarante, if memory serves?), but if you''re thinking of carrying this as an everyday bag, it might be wise to do a little extra research before pulling the trigger. Perhaps a visit to thepurseforum is in order?

f-d-l

p.s. Visually speaking, though, I love that bag, especially for those who wear a lot of black! Ever since the fall fashions thread had that posting of the Alma in that textile, I''ve been finding my mind wandering back and again to calling my girl at LV! Let us know what you find out...
2.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 5:56:56 PM
Author: Jo
Does the bag look really conservative?

I do think it looks conservative but not overly so. It just looks simple and classy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H:

Gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Yes! it is beautiful and my favorite color of the vernis collection!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
It works...simple and clean...the sheen gives it a up dated look that wont date it or make it look old...you can pick me one up also when you are shopping!(hey...guys like LV too...okay pick me up a wallet,key chain or watch...I also like their duffle bags...thats it...get me one of those!
25.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
YES! It`s a beautiful bag, and I love the colour! I think it`ll look great with any outfit!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jo, I love that bag
30.gif
Great colour too. Im thinking about the reade bag in violette from the vernis line. I love how the logo is embossed rather than printed - plus im generally attracted to shiny things
41.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I freakin LOVE this bag.....way more than the signature LV or checkerboard stuff. I think it''s very stylish and not matronly at all!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES, YES, YES!!!
36.gif

You should definitely get it . . . and then you should give it to me!
27.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE love Love love it. it''s gorgeous. i vote YES!

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for the feedback. I feel so much better with your objective thoughts. Do you think I could carry it into next spring and summer. Or is it more of a winter bag?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 1:42:53 AM
Author: Jo
Thanks all for the feedback. I feel so much better with your objective thoughts. Do you think I could carry it into next spring and summer. Or is it more of a winter bag?
Jo, I think you could carry it year-round! As long as it matches your outfit, I don''t think you would have to carry it only in the fall/winter. AWESOME bag!!!
36.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
I have very much the same style as you and i would go with a classic chanel bag which is just around the same price depending on the size you get. I like LV a lot and have a lot of their bags, but I don''t like the light leather strap with such a dark bags and I know the leather will darken over time, but I think then it will look even worse. This is just my opinion, other then that I love this color, I actually want this color/material in the zippy wallet.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I love the Vernis Amarante. It would look fab with black clothing. LV also came out with Cassis in the Epi line which is a great fall color and the Epi is easier to care for.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG...Yes, definitely! I love LV...and I love this color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results