shape
carat
color
clarity

Lots of inherited pieces

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a question thread, just wanted to share. My grandparents both passed away in the past few years (one during COVID so all memorial/inheritance stuff was postponed).

This past weekend the family finally went through everything and tried to divide jewelry fairly/according to the will, etc. It was a very strange experience and largely made me uncomfortable. But there are a few pieces I want to share with fellow bling-loving and antique-loving folks.

My grandmother's fingers were tiny, so anything I want to wear will need to be resized.

I am most excited about matching wedding bands that my husband and I got to keep. I love the idea that we will get to wear them. My husbands fits perfectly, no resizing needed. Mine will be sent to DK to resize.

Me wearing both
20210509_153814.jpg

DH wearing his.
20210814_225611.jpg

Other things:

OMC 3-stone ring:
20210817_102402.jpg 20210817_102357.jpg 20210817_102216.jpg

Ruby ering and band:
20210817_102336.jpg 20210817_102341.jpg

Moonstone ring:
20210817_102302.jpg 20210817_102309.jpg

Tourmaline (I think) cab ring:
20210817_102235.jpg 20210817_102233.jpg

Family pic of all rings except wedding band:
20210817_102459.jpg

There are a million other things, but thought fellow PSers might appreciate these rings.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and very special rings. Did they wear the wedding rings throughout their lives? They are in great condition, as is the ruby e-ring.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
All so beautiful and so special. What an enduring reminder of your grandparents.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm sorry for your loss. i hope it's comforting to have those mementos - and your grandmother had such good taste!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry about your grandparents. What beautiful rings! I love that you and your husband will wear their matching bands.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and a wonderful way to remember both of them!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im so sorry your grandparent passed away durring all the upheaval of the pandemic
It must have made a very sad time even harder
my condolences to you and your family on the passing of grandma and grandad

I hope your family gathering was 'freindly', it can be a difficult time dividing things up fairly

i must say i love that the wedding rings get to stay together
Your grandma looks like she had a rather wonderful collection
and yes, they had such tiny fingers in those days
i am sure you will enjoy wearing her jewlery and they would surley have been so happy for you and we look forward to seeing these beautiful pieces more as you wear them in daily life

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sympathies for your loss! What a beautiful suite of jewelry you have now! I love heirloom pieces!
Your grandma had lovely rings!! I hope they bring you much comfort.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Condolences for your loss. May their memory always be a comfort to you.

It's lovely that you've chosen to wear their beautiful bands. Symbols of how the lives of loved ones are intertwined.

And that moonstone? Stunning.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your loss. Your grandmother had a beautiful collection. Inherited pieces are so special. I hope you enjoy them.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
My deepest sympathies to you. It's hard to lose our loved ones, and yes, dividing up their things can be very difficult for everyone.
I am SO glad you have these. The wedding bands, to me, are the most important and they are lovely.
Thank you for sharing the pieces. I think of these all of these as "heirlooms", since they can be passed down to future generations in remembrance of your grandparents.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, all! I have to say it feels awkward accepting everyone's sympathy. The relationships in my family are...complicated at best. they were difficult people, and I cannot honestly say I'm grieving.

But despite how I may have felt about them, they loved each other. And I love my husband more than life, so the wedding bands felt like a way to honor their love for one another.

Sorry for the lengthy post, just felt badly accepting sympathy that I likely don't quite deserve. And bc if you cant be honest on an anonymous jewelry forum, then where can you??

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re beautiful @lovedogs :love:

I’m so sorry for your loss. The wedding bands, such simple testaments to a lifetime love - I see why you’re so happy to have them. DK will do a great job sizing yours.

My family is the same way. There is a small handful of people I would be totally lost without. There a few more handfuls of people I would miss very much. The rest - the relationship is either nonexistent or strained. I’m much closer with most of my husband’s family than most of mine, to be honest.

Feelings are feelings right? ::shrug::

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for your loss, even with complicated family relationships, death can have an impact on you.

Okay now, holy crap I love every single thing you shared. Just when I thought a ring was my favorite (hello old mine three stone) another would catch my eye. Seriously they are all beautiful, love the design of the moonstone! Your grandmother had great taste. It’s also awesome to inherit a matching set of wedding bands!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry for your loss.
Beautiful pieces. Thank you for sharing.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
How lovely to have mementos of your grandparents. I hope you and your DH can wear them in good health for many years to come.

collier

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. Having lost several family members, and been the lucky recipient of some heirloom pieces, I can appreciate the mixed bag of emotions.

I hope you remember them fondly when you wear their pieces. What a lovely testament to go taste and a life well-lived!

Enjoy both the memory and the lovely heirlooms.
Thank you for sharing :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, all! I have to say it feels awkward accepting everyone's sympathy. The relationships in my family are...complicated at best. they were difficult people, and I cannot honestly say I'm grieving.

But despite how I may have felt about them, they loved each other. And I love my husband more than life, so the wedding bands felt like a way to honor their love for one another.

Sorry for the lengthy post, just felt badly accepting sympathy that I likely don't quite deserve. And bc if you cant be honest on an anonymous jewelry forum, then where can you??

Families are funny old tbings (not always funny ha ha)
My mother's family screamed and yelled their love at each other (not my style at all) but they were thick as thrives and their bond was unbreakable

Enjoy your hairloom pieces with the good memories of your family- its what i do
I had a rocky relationship with mum but i absolutly know in my heart she wanted me to enjoy what she left me

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What lovely heirlooms! I think it is wonderful your grandmother had a large amount of jewelry to allow for several family members to share!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
Swooning for that moonstone. I got a gorgeous jade piece from my grandmother. Never would have picked it for myself but it always gets compliments when I wear it and we share a love of jewelry. I hope you get to wear some of these prices and remember your grandparents fondly. So sorry for your loss.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results