shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost my GIA cert.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, I know everyone''s shaking their head right now...I can''t seem to find my GIA cert./diamond paperwork. I KNOW I should''ve put it in a safety deposit box, but when we moved into our house 3 years ago it was just one of those many things on the to-do list and I never accomplished it. We''ve done some remodeling, some moving of boxes, etc., and thrown some things out, and I''ve looked all over and cannot find my diamond p/w. Argh.

So here''s my question: if my diamond is laser-inscribed, is it possible for me to take it back to our jeweler and obtain a copy of the GIA report from them? My e-ring, which is just a plat. set solitaire, is insured through our homeowner''s, but I am sort of freaking out that I can''t find the paperwork even though I''ve turned the house over looking for it. I normally consider myself pretty organized, I don''t know how this happend, but it did.
38.gif
Please advise...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie - try this link. http://www.gia.edu/reportcheck/ Don't feel bad, it is easily done with losing paperwork.
35.gif

You can contact them and they might be able to trace the report with the info you have - worth a try.

" contact a customer service representative for assistance: 760-603-4500 ext. 7590 8:00 am – 4:00 pm PST, or e-mail: [email protected]. "

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure you can get a new copy of your paperwork, probably for a fee.

Your insurance company doesn''t have a copy of your cert though?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I dont know how you go about getting a replacement but I hope you find your original document
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, you''ve been very helpful as usual! I didn''t even think about the insurance co. having a copy of the report but that would make sense. I think I will start there so at least I can have a copy and my report number.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results