shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost GIA Cert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
I lost ALL of the paperwork for the stone. I have no idea how... but the GIA cert , appraisal reports , everything... GONE! Is it possible to get a duplicate cert? You know who is really pissed!

Pls tell me something can be done!

Thanks!
Christina
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can get a dup cert. but you will have to pay ($200ish) i believe.....

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

Isn''t it possible that your jeweler has some kind of record, like receipts, a copy of the appraisal, maybe a photocopy of the GIA report or anything like that? I believe that would make things easier, especially if you''re planning on contacting the GIA lab in order to get a duplicate. I would probably call them to find out which is the procedure to carry out. www.gia.org
2.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
May times a vendor keeps a photocopy of the GIA document. Possibly they still have one for you. An original document serves no real purpose so long as you are keeping the stone and have insured it properly. A photocopy in you records would suffice for nearly all normal purposes.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
oh thank goodness. thats really good to hear!

Thank You Everyone!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Christina,

If your stone already has a GIA report and you know the report number, GIA will usually be willing to issue a duplicate report without an additional examination for a much more reasonable fee. The jeweler will normally have a record of this number if you don''t have it. Sometimes it''s even written on the edge of the diamond.

Your insurance company may have a copy of the appraisal as part of your file. Also the appraiser who prepared the report may be able to provide you a copy.

Dave is correct that for most purposes it''s not really necessary but I thought I should answer the original question: Yes, it''s possible to replace a lost GIA report.

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
PS: My car is a 330xi...................love it!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
That''s even more great news. Since GOG still has the scanned image of my report online, this will be cake.

Nice David!!! I love my XI to. Did TONS of work to it. It''s supercharged.. pushing 314hp
emteeth.gif
Here''s a pic of her. She has so much work done to it... but at the same time a lot of the work appears OEM. As you can see, our major hobby is car modding. So mch $$ dumped into the hobby. We could have easily bought a 5ct ideal. LOL! What was I thinking?
38.gif

chris_car.jpg

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
And the Mr''s ride...

Sadly, it''s up for sale now on ebay and back to stock since we kept all the original parts. Oh well, it was fun while we had her...

dres_car.jpg

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
decided to tear the house apart this weekend...low and behold..... i found all the paperwork!
36.gif
thanks for all the info everyone!

pittesq

Rough_Rock
What if you never had a cert? Like me :) How do you go about getting one. I received 2 ct tw diamond studs from an ex last summer. Needless to say I won''t be getting the appraisal from the ex. So how do I go about getting one on my own appraisal or certification so that I have something for trade-in sale value?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Pittesq,

It’s possible that the jeweler who sold them or the appraiser that did the original report would be willing to give you a copy if you ask them but, I have to add to this, that I would not. I consider my relationship with my clients to be a strictly confidential matter and their ex-spouses are definitely not an exception to this rule.

Failing that, there are many appraisers who, I’m sure, will be happy to examine your earrings. There is a search utility at the top of the page under ‘Resources’ that will help you to find one in your neighborhood.

GIA and the other labs are rather difficult and expensive to navigate and most consumers find that it’s best to avoid without a really pressing reason. GIA is at www.gia.edu and they explain the procedure under the section on ‘Gem Trade Laboratory’

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results