shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost a diamond earring- idea for the other?

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
I noticed one of my diamond earrings missing from my ear and am unable to find it. I’m currently left with a single 1/2 carat round James Allen earring and I’m debating turning it into another jewelry piece. As I have a solitaire necklace already, I was thinking of a ring but I’m stuck on ideas as I don’t want it to look like an engagement ring.
Thoughts? I’d rather not just toss it

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I noticed one of my diamond earrings missing from my ear and am unable to find it. I’m currently left with a single 1/2 carat round James Allen earring and I’m debating turning it into another jewelry piece. As I have a solitaire necklace already, I was thinking of a ring but I’m stuck on ideas as I don’t want it to look like an engagement ring.

I’m sorry you lost your earring. What about a solitaire bezel bangle..or a bezel ring. They make the stone appear much larger. Maybe you can get another .50 carat diamond to make another stud.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i would put the single earring away in a safe place for a few months
the missing one may well turn up

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what you mean by "toss it" ?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I would grab the cert and get a replacement stud. It could show up though.

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry that you lost a stud. I know how upsetting that can be - I lost one of mine a few years ago.

I agree with the others; I'd give it some time and see if by any chance you find the lost earring. You may also need some time to think about what you really want - I was so disgusted and sad after I lost mine that for a while I didn't think I wanted to wear diamond studs anymore.

Ultimately, I did replace the missing stud and am very happy with that decision. It took a bit of reading and research to figure out how to get a good match, but it was totally do-able. Also, I switched to La Pousette backs, which I feel are more secure than the screwbacks I had previously. And finally, I insured the pair. I know myself well enough to know that I would have worried too much without the insurance.

If you don't find the mate and really, really don't want to replace it, then I'm sure the posters here can help you come up with a great piece for the remaining diamond.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A single station bracelet? Or a bangle?

Set it in the bale for a CS pendant?

Set it as one half of a by-pass ring with a CS?

Set it in a non-solitaire pendant?

If it was mine, I would set it in the bale that can accept different drops such as pearls and/or CSs.

DK :))

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the ideas. There was a few I never thought of, or even knew about! I’ll hang on to it a little longer in case I find it in the house before attempting to reset.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results