shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost 12 Pounds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I weighed myself this morning and am just thrilled! My workout routine has been working like a charm! I''ve lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks. What surprises me the most is where I''m losing the weigh from. I''ve been really trying to lose inches in my waist and bust, but so far all I''ve lost is an inch in both areas. Instead I''ve been noticing huge improvements in my legs and back. Not that I''m complaining - I''m loving it! I even lost half a ring size! My 5.25 band was painfully tight a month ago and now it fits just right!

Does anyone know any ways to specifically target weight loss in the waist or bust areas? I''ve done a lot of reading on the subject but I haven''t found anything really useful. I''d be interested in hearing from real people what really does (and doesn''t) work.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats! That is a lot of weight so keep up the good work.
As far as targeting your stomach area, I would have to say just do cardio......
Good luck
9.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, that is such a great accomplishment!!!
36.gif
Try to be patient - it is so frustrating that we have basically no control over where the weight comes off first! Consistent cardio will lean you out, but everyone is different - I really have to hit it hard about 5x week to start seeing real changes. You''re an inspiration, keep it up!
1.gif

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! Consistent cardio 5 times a week is what I''m doing too. It''s working much better than anything I''ve ever tried - ever! I was afraid that keeping motivated enough to work out every day would be my biggest challenge, but now I actually look forward to it every day!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! That''s brilliant! Congrats. I heard that you can''t pick your spots to reduce but it will all catch up if you keep losing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
36.gif
That is awesome. I''ve heard too you can''t really focus on losing weight in one spot but as you lose weight it all catches up.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! That''s great progress!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome job!! I don''t think spot reducing is possible but what you are doing will help you lose wieght all over. Keep it up and congrats!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh congrats!!! Yay!!! Well we can''t really spot reduce; I wish because I lose in my chest and upper body first and booty last. I think keep up the good work and weight training is good.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I was afraid that would be the answer. But that''s OK, as long as I keep making progress I''m not concerned. I love looking in the mirror and seeing the old me looking back. I love that my work pants and hanging off my hips now! LOVE IT! And I love that the healthy eating I''ve been doing is starting to feel natural - I had a burger the other day and hated it!

I watched a program years ago about weight loss and it said that the first fat you lose is the latest fat you put on. I wonder how true that it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 10:04:44 AM
Author: White Orchid
I was afraid that would be the answer. But that's OK, as long as I keep making progress I'm not concerned. I love looking in the mirror and seeing the old me looking back. I love that my work pants and hanging off my hips now! LOVE IT! And I love that the healthy eating I've been doing is starting to feel natural - I had a burger the other day and hated it!

I watched a program years ago about weight loss and it said that the first fat you lose is the latest fat you put on. I wonder how true that it.
awesome!!!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

eta: you should join the Healthy Lifestyle thread w/us if you like; we post about are healthy changes. everyone is welcome to join.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah - that''s great progress - congratulations!!

And I don''t think it is possible to target specific areas. Just keep up the cardio and weight training and you should trim up all over as time goes on. Good luck!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats (I am jealous
2.gif
) and keep up the good work!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I was afraid that would be the answer. But that's OK, as long as I keep making progress I'm not concerned. I love looking in the mirror and seeing the old me looking back. I love that my work pants and hanging off my hips now! LOVE IT! And I love that the healthy eating I've been doing is starting to feel natural - I had a burger the other day and hated it!

It's most definitely true!
Congrats...it's great that you are doing cardio 5 times a week, are you incorporating strength training as well?
It really is mostly about what you fuel your body with..lean protein, low carbs, plenty of leafy greens, and very minimal amounts of sugar!
You can eat that burger once in awhile, you must have ONE cheat day if you are working out an intense level 6-7 days a week..if you deprive your body of all "bad foods", it will rebel !!
28.gif

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 7:57:12 PM
Author: beau13

I was afraid that would be the answer. But that''s OK, as long as I keep making progress I''m not concerned. I love looking in the mirror and seeing the old me looking back. I love that my work pants and hanging off my hips now! LOVE IT! And I love that the healthy eating I''ve been doing is starting to feel natural - I had a burger the other day and hated it!

It''s most definitely true!

Congrats...it''s great that you are doing cardio 5 times a week, are you incorporating strength training as well?

It really is mostly about what you fuel your body with..lean protein, low carbs, plenty of leafy greens, and very minimal amounts of sugar!

You can eat that burger once in awhile, you must have ONE cheat day if you are working out an intense level 6-7 days a week..if you deprive your body of all ''bad foods'', it will rebel !!
28.gif

Well for the first 2 weeks I forced myself to only eat really healthy but I''ve relaxed since - as long as I stay within my calorie budget. I had roommate in college who cut out carbs altogether and lost a ton of weight. As soon as she got down to her weight goal she started partying and binge drinking every night and gained it all back in a couple weeks! So I learned my lesson from watching her. Moderation in everything!

I really haven''t been doing much weight training other than unloading boxes off our delivery truck twice a week. I''ve been trying to do some push-ups every day but I usually forget.

Oh, and I''m down 13 pounds now!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
First off, congrats on the dedication to a healthy lifestyle! Feels great, doesn''t it? Cardio is the best thing you can do for fat burning, but you should incorporate strength training into your routine. Specific chest exercises will help boost your chest. I suggest using the ab ball for ab exercises. Not only do you have to use your core for balance, you utilize your muscles going up and coming back down.

Date: 4/29/2009 5:44:29 PM

Well for the first 2 weeks I forced myself to only eat really healthy but I''ve relaxed since - as long as I stay within my calorie budget. I had roommate in college who cut out carbs altogether and lost a ton of weight. As soon as she got down to her weight goal she started partying and binge drinking every night and gained it all back in a couple weeks! So I learned my lesson from watching her. Moderation in everything!

I really haven''t been doing much weight training other than unloading boxes off our delivery truck twice a week. I''ve been trying to do some push-ups every day but I usually forget.

Oh, and I''m down 13 pounds now!!!

This is why I can''t stress enough that cutting out whole food groups is NOT a good idea. Yes, it''s a short-term weight loss technique, but as soon as you introduce those items back into your diet, you put on the weight quickly. Kudos to you for learning from your friends mistake!

I second Skippy on joining the Healthy Lifestyle thread. You learn a lot of great tips, and the members are great motivators!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Congrats White Orchid - what a fantastic accomplishment!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wow!! congrats! How much cardio each day are you doing? i just started using the elliptical, trying to build myself to do at least 30-45 each day. right now i am at 22 minutes :)

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I do about 15 mins most days. On my days off work I push myself to 25. I''m trying to get to 40 too, but it''s not an easy exercise! The first time I tried it I almost died after only 3 minutes, so I''m getting better!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
amazing!
Me too, as far as time go. I always find myself watching the clock at 8 minutes. Lately i have been able to push myself farther. I found putting a magazine in front of the time really helps, becuase then i cannot see it. Or watching a movie. No commercials/Less commercials make it easier to stay focused.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your weight loss
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
That is awesome!! Congratulations!!
36.gif

It`s very difficult controlling where we lose fat from, so just be patient and the waist and bust will be coming off in no time.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I realized this morning that I haven''t looked in a mirror and been disgusted in a little while. What a great feeling!

Oh, and I did 45 mins on the elliptical yesterday!!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 2:26:14 PM
I realized this morning that I haven''t looked in a mirror and been disgusted in a little while. What a great feeling!

Oh, and I did 45 mins on the elliptical yesterday!!
36.gif
36.gif
for both!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results