shape
carat
color
clarity

Looks what is coming to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
31.gif
I'm so excited! Its for the pendant project I'm working on with JKT for my little sister. Thoughts?

ETA: After speaking with Julia and hearing her thoughts on the stone I had purchased, I decided to try this one. She gave me her professional opinion, which helped a lot.

pl_648_detail_1.png

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oy, I meant look! I think I''m excited
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opposed bar blue green tourmaline?

ETA
Yeah, we know who cut that one.
31.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recognize that tourmaline! I think it will make a gorgeously unique pendant!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty! How is it going to be set? N/S or E/W?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, yup, opposed bar tourmaline
9.gif

Makingthegrade, thanks! That is the hope! My sister is a pretty sparkly person herself, so I wanted something with enough zing for her!

LTP, I''m thinking E/W, but I''ll have to see it in person. I hadn''t thought of N/S, but that could look really neat. What do you think? I want it to have presence, and its 9mm by 5mm. JKT seemed excited about it, too, so I can''t wait to see what she thinks up.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 3:53:40 PM
Author: Chrono
Opposed bar blue green tourmaline?

ETA

Yeah, we know who cut that one.
31.gif

Yeah, I figured. He he... Its got some serious personality.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t that interesting. I am in the process of making a pendant with a stone very similar to yours Novel. Pretty much same cut and similar color. What is the setting going to look like?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CMW,
Your pendant isn’t done yet? BTW, is your email fine? I emailed a picture to you but I guess you didn’t get it?

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
No the pendant is not finished yet. As a matter of fact I don''t think it has even been started yet.

As for the email. I must have had an oops moment, because I don''t remember seeing it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:11:45 PM
Author: Novel
Chrono, yup, opposed bar tourmaline
9.gif

Makingthegrade, thanks! That is the hope! My sister is a pretty sparkly person herself, so I wanted something with enough zing for her!

LTP, I''m thinking E/W, but I''ll have to see it in person. I hadn''t thought of N/S, but that could look really neat. What do you think? I want it to have presence, and its 9mm by 5mm. JKT seemed excited about it, too, so I can''t wait to see what she thinks up.
This is going to sound kind of odd, but it really depends on the shape of your neck/shoulderblades. Kind of like finger coverage, I guess.
3.gif

My gut reaction in seeing the pic was a N/S bezel setting. I''ll see if I can find a pic, but I think Julia has a longer EC on her site set in a N/S basket. Off to look.
1.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:28:36 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
This one''s a bit squatty, but you get the idea. - http://www.newoutlet.com/sterling-silver-bezel-set-emerald-cz-solitaire-pendant-necklace-n782.htm

Mmm, yum. I had been thinking bezel too, and I think E/W because I have a friend with a diamond pendant like that and it was stuck in my head. But I love the idea of N/S, because of the way the colors look. When I have pics, I''ll see how it looks each way.

I totally understand about body shape! My sister is little (5''2'''') and pretty skinny in the shoulders/ neck area, but, um, quite voluptuous. I could see N/S working really well on her.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:19:28 PM
Author: colormyworld
Isn''t that interesting. I am in the process of making a pendant with a stone very similar to yours Novel. Pretty much same cut and similar color. What is the setting going to look like?

Oh great! I have no idea about the setting yet. All I know is I want bezel and pretty fluid. She is a little rock and roll, but I think the stone has a bit of that too it, too. What is your setting going to look like? How fun!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I could also see the double bezel (?) in this necklace (with a different kind of chain) being great N/S and with yummy edges.

silbtset.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo great project for your sister Novel! It''s a gorgeous stone-when I first saw it I had the same thought as Lauren, for the setting. Can''t wait to see what you and Julia come up with!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
It is really going to just be simple white gold with a bar at the top and bottom holding the stone.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone, I am so glad you bought it and put me out of my misery!!! Can''t wait to see it finished :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Cool stone. I can''t wait to see it set.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:52:39 PM
Author: packrat
Ooo great project for your sister Novel! It''s a gorgeous stone-when I first saw it I had the same thought as Lauren, for the setting. Can''t wait to see what you and Julia come up with!

Thanks, Packrat! That kind of setting is exactly what I had in mind, too. Now I''m getting caught up in more fancy things, but we''ll see when the stone comes!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:56:52 PM
It is really going to just be simple white gold with a bar at the top and bottom holding the stone.

That sounds great, CMW. I bet it will really pop. Do you have pics of the stone?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Stepcutnut! I didn''t know you were ogling it, too
1.gif
I''ve been tempted for a while, but it''ll be my first kept gem, actually. All (three of ) my other pieces came from family.

Thanks, Oddoneout!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 5:03:21 PM

That sounds great, CMW. I bet it will really pop. Do you have pics of the stone?
I thought you would never ask. Please excuse the finger print smears on the back of the stone.

IMG_3649_1.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 5:29:18 PM
Date: 9/29/2009 5:03:21 PM

I thought you would never ask. Please excuse the finger print smears on the back of the stone.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

OMG. OMG. And here I thought you were being secretive! That is amazing! How big is it? (Life size on my screen?) Will it be N/S?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 5:31:12 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 9/29/2009 4:49:06 PM

LTP, were you thinking of this (MariedTiger''s pendant)?

I hadn''t seen that, but OMG, that''s amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Yeah, her pendant is going to be great! Mariedtiger, wherever you are, thats lovely!

I love the detailing around the sides... I''ve written Julia and told her I bought the stone, and I''ll see what she comes up with! My sister is a little edgy (as I told Julia, she interned for Kenneth Cole and works at American Apparel) so we''ll see. I don''t think the almost fairytale quality of MariedTiger''s pendant would work for her or this stone, which is all the more shame, since then I wouldn''t get to play with something like it for a couple months!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Most likely not life size as seen on your moniter. Unless you have a really small moniter. The stone is 8.95 cts.

I am sure however you set yours. It will be stunning.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
A girl can hope, no?
31.gif
That sounds amazing.

Thanks
1.gif
I''m excited. I''ve never seen an opposed bar cut in real life.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
The cut is pretty. You get a sort of elevator effect with the flashes of light as the stone is rocked back and forth. I think a north south setting would work very well with this cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results