clarity

bcmacdonald

Staff member
2021-06-looking-to-the-sky-for-diamonds-1024x573.jpg

John Pollard published a new blog post.
"Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies"

Carbon Emissions Issue

Here in the real world, our planet's "marmalade skies" are bloated with an excess of more than...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul-A

Rough_Rock
Trade
I agree @Garry H (Cut Nut) ,

The press release has a lot of similarities of those related to 'cremation diamonds'.

Live long,

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Third party audited evidence please

Hi Garry,

Their third party auditor has been NCP. They're ahead of curve there, since the first diamond-specific sustainability certification was only created a few months ago (SCS 007). Per my sources they’ll have that, too.

It’s a blog post, so I didn’t want to get overtechnical, but this interview with Aether’s execs provides their basis. I’d wager the upgrade of DAC CO2 to CVD input is the IP Hagemann will ultimately license to others who wish to follow.

Finally, I doubt these guys would risk association with false claims: Hagemann is a 40 Under 40 award winner and an Entrepreneur In Residence for Harvard AE with a Harvard MBA and Holy Cross BA. Then you have Dale Vince. He only founded Britain’s greenest energy company. Oh, and received the Order of the British Empire from the Queen. :cool2:

JCK, Robb Report, Forbes and Vogue have given them airtime. Now we have, too. It will be cool to see where it goes.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Garry,

Their third party auditor has been NCP. They're ahead of curve there, since the first diamond-specific sustainability certification was only created a few months ago (SCS 007). Per my sources they’ll have that, too.

It’s a blog post, so I didn’t want to get overtechnical, but this interview with Aether’s execs provides their basis. I’d wager the upgrade of DAC CO2 to CVD input is the IP Hagemann will ultimately license to others who wish to follow.

Finally, I doubt these guys would risk association with false claims: Hagemann is a 40 Under 40 award winner and an Entrepreneur In Residence for Harvard AE with a Harvard MBA and Holy Cross BA. Then you have Dale Vince. He only founded Britain’s greenest energy company. Oh, and received the Order of the British Empire from the Queen. :cool2:

JCK, Robb Report, Forbes and Vogue have given them airtime. Now we have, too. It will be cool to see where it goes.

Thanks for the back up John,
The PS article covers the need for auditing etc and the others I have read do not - so well done.

There is new technology to extract CO2 and make CH4 , but it is as yet unproven.

The previous method involved 300-400C treatment to get hydrogen to form methane with CO2 to make CH4.
This new technology is just a theory and unproven and requires Hydrogen (which requires a lot of energy to produce). And needs heat around 100C.

If this technology was to work then there would be no CO2 problem in the world and no need for oil and fossil fuels. Burning methane gives off carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H2O). But no new CO2 is produced - it is just recycled.
If this were to work then clearly there would never ever be any new CO2 added to the atmosphere.
If it were viable then we would surely know about it in the regular media. The fact that the regular media accept this story without fact checking indicates to me that they are short of appropriate journalists.

I postulate, with no evidence, that this method of acquiring methane for CVD diamond production will come at an additional energy cost. Every additional energy requirement, no matter how much abatement or atomic or hydro or solar or wind is used, is robbing peter to pay paul.

1626220363967.png

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks for the back up John,
The PS article covers the need for auditing etc and the others I have read do not - so well done.

You're welcome, and thank you.

I'm with you on the disclaimers - I've made them a chapter in the webinars I've been teaching on this topic. It's a hot one. My audiences have spanned the retail clients of LGD producers, to the JA membership, to the sales pros from several companies that will never sell LGD but want their personnel schooled on the subject.

I postulate, with no evidence, that this method of acquiring methane for CVD diamond production will come at an additional energy cost.

Fair enough. I postulate, with only the claims of the Harvard MBA and the Order of the British Empire recipient :cool2: that they may be on to something. Their claims of these developments are all very recent - and I'm sure you know protection of IP is fierce in that sector eight now. It will be interesting to see which postulations pan out.

The Bard said, "Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind." I've always been a more optimistic person by nature.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lets do some math here:
CO2 is mostly oxygen by weight, with 32/44 or about 73% oxygen.
20 tons assuming us tons is 2000lb x 20 = 40000lbs
100% - 73% oxygen = 27% carbon
27% of 40000Lbs = 10800lbs of carbon.
A 1ct diamond is 0.000440925lbs
So where did the roughly (10800lbs minus 0.000440925lbs) of carbon go?
No to mention the oxygen produced which can cause problems if it is allowed to react with other things as it is released.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results