shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for "Tree-Ring" inspired wedding band..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

inmyarms

Rough_Rock

While I was at a camping excursion in southern Illinois, I met a few very cool down to earth people. While we were down there, my boyfriend suprised me with a proposal! One of the people I met was young guy who had recently gotten married to his beautiful bride and they both had a set of very unique rings.. They were platinum bands and the entire outer surfaces were engraved to look like tree rings, with knots and things like that (I''m a bit of a hippie, you must excuse me) ... I''m looking for who makes these rings or where I can have a ring like that made.. Is that just something any jeweler will do? I''m not too familiar with the jewelry scene and any help would be appreciated.. =P

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. it sounds like it might have been not engraving but Mokume gane. Like this? More mokuma gane And more mokume gane

These platnium bands actually contain wood.

There''s a gallery I''ve been to that has solid bands that are heavily textured, some resembeling wood. I beleive that
this is the artist who makes them.

If that''s all wrong, than what you saw is truly unique and sounds beautiful. Congratualtions on your engagement!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 7:10:17 PM
Author: mercoledi
Hmm.. it sounds like it might have been not engraving but Mokume gane. Like this? More mokuma gane And more mokume gane
That''s what I was thinking too!

If you want actual engraving you might consider finding an artisan jeweler who can custom-make your rings. My future in-laws designed their wedding rings with the Olympic Mountains engraved onto the surface, and commissioned a local artist to cast them, they turned out great! I would bet that you could find lots of artists online that would work with you.

inmyarms

Rough_Rock
That''s what it was! Mokume gane.. I found a ring on the second link you gave that looked almost identical.. It''s the Mokume gane style with etching to enhance the pattern and grain.. thank you so much!!

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Well these aren''t "tree ring" inspired, but you may appreciate the organic forms of these Anne Sportun rings (www.annesportun.com). Perhaps get your FI one of the mokume ones, and then treat yourself to one of these with a little sparkle? Or Anne does custom work, so I am sure she could make something complementary for your FI.

r072g-d7-2.jpg

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Another option:

r073g-d7-2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey I just saw cool wood-grain wedding bands here

http://www.chrisploof.com/damascus-gallery2.html

I couldn''t capture the picture but it''s all the way at the bottom of this page labeled "Wood Grain"

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2007 2:51:25 PM
Author:inmyarms

While I was at a camping excursion in southern Illinois, I met a few very cool down to earth people. While we were down there, my boyfriend suprised me with a proposal! One of the people I met was young guy who had recently gotten married to his beautiful bride and they both had a set of very unique rings.. They were platinum bands and the entire outer surfaces were engraved to look like tree rings, with knots and things like that (I''m a bit of a hippie, you must excuse me) ... I''m looking for who makes these rings or where I can have a ring like that made.. Is that just something any jeweler will do? I''m not too familiar with the jewelry scene and any help would be appreciated.. =P

Congratulations on your engagement Inmyarms!!!
36.gif
I think you could take the suggestions given here and couple them with some sketches and maybe come up with your dream ring with a reputable jeweler. You should be able to find someone either locally or here online who can come up with a design that works for you and have it made. Good luck!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 11:31:26 AM
Author: risingsun
I came across this collection by Mickey Roof. Maybe they could work with you to design your rings.
http://www.mickyroof.com/mr_twig.shtml
i like the organic look of these rings....but i really like that he works in green and red/pink 18k golds!

mokume gane i think is also very organic looking. it is indeed lovely and i don''t think you can go wrong with such a set.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results