shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for some drop earrings

ascari_2

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies (and maybe some gentlemen),

I am looking for a little present for my wife in a form of some drop earrings. Budget is sub $500. Can anyone suggest where I can turn to find some quality pieces?

Thanks

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

ascari_2

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. I am actually not sure what I am looking for either. The idea is to browse and if something catches my eye, then go for it. But I would at least want to know that whatever I am getting is decent in terms of quality of the workmanship and any stones that might come with.

Though on a second thought, I could narrow the search down and say that I would probably be looking more at something elegant, not too colorful (she really likes aquamarines), clean lines with, and some sparkle.

Also, I just realized that I probably should've said drop/dangle/chandelier as all those describe the styles that I am looking at.

styringca

Rough_Rock
You are a so good husband. I recently bought a pair of teardrop drop earrings,it's of antique style,I love it so much and have got a lot of compliment on it.I got it from okajewelry.com with only $3.95 but trust me that the quality and it never looks like a inferior craft .Hope this will help you.
imag0216.jpg
They also have aqua blue one on site.

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
I used to live in RI, and discovered there a jewelry store called Ross-Simons. It did start in Rhode Island but now has several locations on the East coast - if you live near one you should go there in person. However, they have a great website. I have never ordered expensive items from them - for that I like to shop locally and see the piece in person, but they have a ton of fun and nice pieces in the under $500 category made of 14kt gold or sterling silver. Plus, I think they have a Mother's Day sale right now and they also have a great return policy, which is something some smaller places do not do.

I know I sound like I work for them, however, please check my name on this site - I do NOT work for them! I actually came on the site to ask advice about earrings for myself, and saw your post.

In any case, check them out: http://www.ross-simons.com/

If you want something a little more unusual, at really good prices, look at this woman's designs: http://www.karensugarmandesigns.com/gallery?category_id=388 I love her stuff - I see similar things in Bergdorf but for much much more $$$, b/c she chooses less expensive but still beautiful stones and some of her work is vermeil (gold plated over sterling) whereas the Bergdorf booths have 18 - 22Kt gold. However, Karen's designs are beautiful and one of a kind. She has lots of really lovely earrings under $500.

I also do not know Karen and have never bought from her - I just discovered her site recently and am addicted. :)

Happy shopping - you wife will love it that you picked something for her!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results