shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for pink or padparadscha sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 11:58:31 AM
Author: Chrono
Yup, Linda, I read that about the African padparadschas as well but in the end, everyone evaluates each individual stone on its own merits. Just as not every Kashmir sapphire is a dreamy velvety blue, not every African padparadscha have brown undertones. I happen to like the ''loud'' coloured stones and not the Sri Lankan pastels as well.
9.gif

I''d ask for additional pictures though before ordering the stone BUT reserve it first before it disappears in someone else''s shopping cart.
Exactly. Also, not every Sri Lankan Padparadscha is free of brown either.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha, you always thread jack Harriet.

Brandy, your pad is gorgeous. Is this the one you bought off the gem shopping channel??? If it is, you really lucked out, the color is gorgeous.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t resist commenting on Brandy''s gem.
1.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey Brandy i would love to see some additional pics of your pad...I am having trouble seeing an orange component in those pics(don't know if it's me, my monitor, or the pic angles)..if it's not to much trouble to slap up a couple more...the pink color is lovely and strong

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 6:57:50 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 7/10/2009 11:38:04 AM

Author: brandy_z28

Here are some pics of my padparadscha e-ring. The stone is a 5.5X4.5 MM and it''s .82cts

pad%20b05312008.jpg
pad%20b02%2005312008.jpg
Brandy,

That''s a lovely Pad you have there. (Threadjack over.)

Thank you Harriet!
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 7:35:47 PM
Author: Linda W
ha ha ha, you always thread jack Harriet.

Brandy, your pad is gorgeous. Is this the one you bought off the gem shopping channel??? If it is, you really lucked out, the color is gorgeous.

I bought it already set from a lady on eBay. I just had it reset. I don''t believe it came from a shopping channel, from what I was told, but it was sent to me in a gems tv box. That was kind of alarming with all of the BE treatment talk. I was told it had not been BE treated and for what I paid it wouldn''t be worth testing it. I only paid like $300-350.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 7:48:17 PM
Author: amethystguy
Hey Brandy i would love to see some additional pics of your pad...I am having trouble seeing an orange component in those pics(don''t know if it''s me, my monitor, or the pic angles)..if it''s not to much trouble to slap up a couple more...the pink color is lovely and strong
Thanks AG! Here''s another picture. Please excuse it''s dirtiness and it was too late for outdoor pics. It looked pretty orange under my LED lights. Hope that comes through in this pic.

-gems_108.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
One more...

-gems_102.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Brandy, pretty pad, and I love the setting too.

The gemrite stone sold. Hope it went to a good home :)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Brandy, it really glows.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
cool..thanks brandy..I can see some orange in it now..very nice..the color is beautiful..ya know all these pics everyone post can''t even come close to capturing how awesome most of these stones look in person...what looks good in a picture will just look 10 times better in person..very nice brandy that was a steal

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 7:48:01 PM
Author: Harriet
I couldn''t resist commenting on Brandy''s gem.
1.gif

It was worth a little thread-jacking!
2.gif
What a color!!

tabulem

Rough_Rock
the gemrite stone will indeed go to a good home... i reserved it! thanks everyone for your helpful advice.

i agree with everyone that brandy''s stone and ring are beautiful. i didn''t really like ornate settings until i saw this one. but it looks lovely.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Cool! That is a great e-ring stone. Let us know what you think about it after you see it in real life.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 11:38:43 AM
Author: tabulem
the gemrite stone will indeed go to a good home... i reserved it! thanks everyone for your helpful advice.

i agree with everyone that brandy''s stone and ring are beautiful. i didn''t really like ornate settings until i saw this one. but it looks lovely.
I''m so glad you reserved it! I hope it''s everything you''d hoped and then some! Please take pics and share them with us when you get it.
36.gif

Thank you ladies and gents for all of your wonderful compliments!
1.gif
I''m flattered!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2009 11:38:43 AM
Author: tabulem

yay! glad you reserved it! otherwise, I was going to have to get it next week [:devil: excited to see how you will set it.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Brandy I
30.gif
your e-ring!!!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I so wanted that gemrite pad but was informed that it could not be shipped to SA.
39.gif

I'm glad it's going to a good home though. Can't wait for pics!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brandy,
I am seeing the orange in the stone in the new pictures. Nice strong colour!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tabulem,
I’m glad you reserved it. I’ve seen enough sad stories about diamonds and gems discussed and posted on PS but before the OP could hit the buy button, it was gone. Please come back with pictures and comments when you receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results