shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for pictures of plain solitaires with diamond bands either side?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I dread to think how many different options of wedding bands I am going to think about before my wedding in 18 months, but my latest fad is for thin shared prong eternity bands either side of my plain one carat solitaire. Does anyone have a combination like this that they could show me? I know I have seen at least one set like this.

Thanks for your help one and all

mybabyblues

Rough_Rock
Hi there --

No pics to show as of yet...bit should have one soon! I recently ordered a new setting for my p-cut stone, plain solitaire, and did get 2 diamond bands for either side. I will post once it comes in!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
2 ct center with 1ctw bands

it''s a nice look

2.06JSMTRPic.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Sevens...beautiful! Can you provide the mm of each ring? Thanks.

DKS

togal

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine. It''s not a shared prong, but the centre stone is 1.05 ct like yours, and the bands
are .50 ctw each (.10 points x 5). It''s a classic look and the two bands kick it up a notch.

nmring22.jpg

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Both of these sets look absolutely wonderful - I love them, thank you for sharing

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmm........I am picturing another band on mine!
emwink.gif
Mine is a 1.59ct solitaire with a 1.68ctw diamond eternity band.

spebwfkejenn55041j1.59rbwoneband.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
And there is of course Harleigh's gorgeous set (I think the bands are .5ct each and the solitaire is around 2cts) someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think all 3 rings add up to 10mm
18.gif

harleigh.diamond.bands.solitaire.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
WOW...I love Harleigh''s set, I think it''s my favourite ring(s) on this site! I thought of getting two channel bands for either side of my diamond, but I think her diamond is over 2 carats (mine only 1.76) and it wouldn''t have the same effect. It truly is gorgeous!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are not a shared prong bands either, but having one diamond band on either side does kick it up a notch. I agree!

I can ''t download a better photo into the body of this post, but my wedding set is my avatar.

<<<<

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 4:50:27 PM
Author: poshpepper
And there is of course Harleigh''s gorgeous set (I think the bands are .5ct each and the solitaire is around 2cts) someone correct me if I am wrong.

18.gif
Thanks for posting my set, posh! I was just going to go try to rename another pic of mine to post (though I did take a few more this past weekend with the bands while FI was at work
31.gif
) I''ll try to post more in my ring thread tonight!

My center band is 6mm with a 2.11 c stone that measures out more like a 2.25-2.5 stone
9.gif
. Each band is .50 and measures 4mm, so the total width is a whopping 14mm. Good thing I''ve got long fingers, huh?
28.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
And there is of course Harleigh''s gorgeous set (I think the bands are .5ct each and the solitaire is around 2cts) someone correct me if I am wrong.

18.gif
VERY pretty set, Harleigh!!! You sure DO have some L-O-N-G fingers! I''m not so blessed in the department.....

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 3:07:43 PM
Author: Jenn5504

18.gif
VERY pretty set, Harleigh!!! You sure DO have some L-O-N-G fingers! I''m not so blessed in the department.....
Thanks, Jenn! I don''t know where I got those fingers, but I''ve got arms and legs to match!
9.gif

togal

Shiny_Rock

18.gif
Harleigh,

I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE your solitaire. The wide, smooth rounded shank sets off that stunning 2 ct beautifully. It''s simple and gorgeous. I think it''s a myth that a thin shank makes the stone look bigger, because your stone looks enormous on the wide shank. I''ll have to save a picture of it in my "wish" file!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I agree togal, wider bands make a diamond look bigger, in my opinion, especially trying various bands with my solitaire these past couple months. If you look at the ring sevens one posted above...it''s a two carat with two narrow diamond bands, and I thought it looked more like a one carat..then you look at Harleigh''s set, with the wider band(s), and to me the diamond looks like a 3 carat stone!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 2:00:48 PM
Author: togal

18.gif
Harleigh,

I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE your solitaire. The wide, smooth rounded shank sets off that stunning 2 ct beautifully. It''s simple and gorgeous. I think it''s a myth that a thin shank makes the stone look bigger, because your stone looks enormous on the wide shank. I''ll have to save a picture of it in my ''wish'' file!
Wow, thank you, togal! That is such a nice compliment!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2007 9:51:21 AM
Author: beau13
I agree togal, wider bands make a diamond look bigger, in my opinion, especially trying various bands with my solitaire these past couple months. If you look at the ring sevens one posted above...it''s a two carat with two narrow diamond bands, and I thought it looked more like a one carat..then you look at Harleigh''s set, with the wider band(s), and to me the diamond looks like a 3 carat stone!
HOLY SCMOLY!!! You think it looks like a 3-carat??? That is the nicest thing you could''ve ever said, beau, thank you!
9.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 7:12:32 PM
Author: Harleigh
Date: 10/20/2007 9:51:21 AM

Author: beau13

HOLY SCMOLY!!! You think it looks like a 3-carat??? That is the nicest thing you could''ve ever said, beau, thank you!
9.gif

Harleigh: I totally agree! That sucker is absolutely gorgeous and I''m hoping something like that will be on my finger one day
41.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
What on earth are you talking about, ang??? Your new ring is to die for! I love it, but I thank you for the kind words!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results