shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for particular RAND setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lorijson

Shiny_Rock
Ok, this is SO going to be looking for a needle in a hay-stack, but I am looking for a Rand e-ring setting that they only sell in stores...I cannot find it on the internet, they don't have a picture of it to give me so I can copy it, and I want to have it made for a 1/4 of the price.

It is sold at a jewelry store called Traditional Jewelers in Newport Beach, CA. It is a pave setting to hold a 2 carat plus round or cushion (i think it may be called a tension setting) with pave diamonds all the way around the face with a scroll on each side that meets with 2 small round diamonds on the face that are under the prongs that hold the diamond in. (it is so hard to explain, but from reading these posts, there are some very knowledgable e-ring connoisseurs out there that may just know what I am talking about.)

I have the sku number (12200016) which probably doesn't help, but I am desperate to get a picture and specs on this ring and thought I would throw it out there.

I'll try to find a similar ring to post pics of, but am hoping that someone who has this ring may just happen to read this posting and know exactly the ring I am talking about.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this it? I don''t have the front view though...

rand_pic.jpg

lorijson

Shiny_Rock
THAT IS IT!!!! How and where did you find that? I have been looking everywhere online!! You girls on here are amazing! Ask and you shall receive!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!! I honestly have no idea where it''s from. I probably saw it here at some point and kept it in my massive picture folder because I liked it so much!

lorijson

Shiny_Rock
Well thank you again so much! I''ll be sure to post it once we have it made!!! I;m so glad we have the same taste! Thanks again!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
This Danhov setting at James Allen is similar, but has a knife edge shank and is missing the scroll detail under the basket.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 1:58:11 AM
Author: lorijson
Well thank you again so much! I''ll be sure to post it once we have it made!!! I;m so glad we have the same taste! Thanks again!
Yes, please do post pictures we do have similar taste! I''d love to see how it turns out!!!

lorijson

Shiny_Rock
Thanks urseberry. Taht one is also very beautiful. I think one of the things I love most is the scrolling. But I love seeing more great ideas so thanks!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That is one beautiful setting. I don't see many settings where I just go 'Wow'. I would love to see more views of it too..

p.s. Good find kcoursolle..

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting, the scroll work is gorgeous!

samii

Rough_Rock
Hey Lori

It is a beautiful setting, have actually tried one on over here and it was gorgeous! My only suggestion is that you check Rands work with an eagle eye. My now FI, purchased a Rand ring as my promise ring, but after wearing it for half a day I noticed that some of the prongs weren''t under properly and the ring obviously hadn''t been through their 10x quality control that they market (or the person was blind). The jeweller took it back and could have had it repaired, but it was a 6 week turn around as it had to be sent back to South Africa, and then it possibly not be perfect and have to go through it all again - for $5k I wanted a perfect ring I guess. As it was, we went for something else from a local jeweller and I love that even more.

As I mentioned, their settings are gorgeous - just make sure you are really happy with the quality of the setting :)

lorijson

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the heads-up on the quality. My boyfriend is actually going to have it re-made. That is why I was so desperate to get a picture of it.

If anyone has any more views of this setting, it would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results