shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for opinions on diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flyboy

Rough_Rock

Hello,

I find this site to be of great value and would like to tap into your expertise and opinions on a stone that I found:

GIA
RB
I - SI1
1.03ct
6.48-6.53x3.98mm
d-61.2%
t-57%
Girdle - Medium, Faceted
Culet - None
Polish - VG
Sym - VG
Flour - Faint

It looks really clean and the cert only shows a feather and and indented Natural that I could not find. The depth and table look about right but what do you think about the measurements? They are asking $4800 for the stone.

Also, a couple of questions about the dealer. Their offices had very bright lights almost to the point of having to squint and they presented the diamonds on a black surface. Should that be a red flag that they are trying to hide something?

Thanks in advance.

-Alan

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Do they have any more information on the stone? (angles?) If you do a price search at the top of the page, you''ll see what similar stones are going for....You might want to "look" at some of their certs, etc. online.....As to the info you have so far, the measurements are in range of well -cut diamond, but you need more info......Also, how does the diamond look to you? They will probably let you take it outside or to another room w/out the "lights"....If it does turn out to be a good looking, well cut stone, the dealer might price-match if you find a similar stone for less online....

flyboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response. The only info they have is the GIA cert. I looks very clean but I can see the yellow tint. Since GIA does not provide angles and there is no Sarin report, is there a way to use the measurements to determine quality of the stone?

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
You should definitely be able to see the stone in a natural light; under bright lights on a black surface, it''ll look sparklier and whiter than it really is. If you can see the tinge of yellow even there, i''d be concerned. And as far as i know, they should be able to get you a Sarin report.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results