shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for jeweler in Portland, OR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend finally proposed!! The diamond he ordered from Whiteflash is beautiful and I''ll post pictures soon. My only problem is that I had my finger sized before he ordered the ring and I was told 6.5...either the sizing was incorrect or the ring isn''t the right size (too big). Regardless, now I need to have the ring resized by a local jeweler and I need help locating a reputable one in the Portland area. It makes me really nervous because back when I was looking at diamonds at Costco they warned us to be careful about taking the diamond to a jeweler to be appraised because he''d heard lot''s of stories about the diamonds being switched at jewelers in the Beaverton, OR area (that''s the suburbs of Portland where we live). Whether or not it''s true, I want to be selective about who works on my ring. :)

Can anyone recommend a reputable jeweler they''ve dealt with in the Portland area? Thank you!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
NiceIce is in Roseburg,OR. I don''t now how far that would be for you but they have an excellent reputation here on PS.

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
Roseburg is about 3 hours from Portland but I have heard good things about Nice Ice. I was hoping someone had dealt with a jeweler that was a little closer to Portland though. :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahh. you could always send it back to WF and have them size it..

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
I know I could and at least I trust them, but the mail system makes me nervous too. :) I think I''d rather drive 3 hours. ;-)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
is the ring insured? you shouldn''t have a problem, but i am assuming that the diamond is inscribed..... if so, look at it under a microscope before you leave it and then again before you take it out of the store.

ksomerville

Rough_Rock
It''s not insured yet. We are getting the insurance lined up before I take it in and the diamond is inscribed. He''s with American Family Insurance and I''m with State Farm. Anybody have reviews on their policies? Can you get a cash out policy through them?

flipgirl

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/24/2005 3:08:33 PM
Author:kfs
My boyfriend finally proposed!! The diamond he ordered from Whiteflash is beautiful and I''ll post pictures soon. My only problem is that I had my finger sized before he ordered the ring and I was told 6.5...either the sizing was incorrect or the ring isn''t the right size (too big). Regardless, now I need to have the ring resized by a local jeweler and I need help locating a reputable one in the Portland area. It makes me really nervous because back when I was looking at diamonds at Costco they warned us to be careful about taking the diamond to a jeweler to be appraised because he''d heard lot''s of stories about the diamonds being switched at jewelers in the Beaverton, OR area (that''s the suburbs of Portland where we live). Whether or not it''s true, I want to be selective about who works on my ring. :)

Can anyone recommend a reputable jeweler they''ve dealt with in the Portland area? Thank you!!!
I would try Carl Greve in downtown Portland. My husband and I got our wedding rings there and they were great! Good luck!

Flipgirl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results