shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been thinking about trying to find a solitaire or even a 3 stone ring to go with my eternity band ? Any ideas or suggestions ? Thanks !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi LBug,
Just a suggestion, as I imagine the reason you have not had many responses is your question is very wide.
A solitaire and 3 stone are very different styles - what ct weight, what colour and clarity do you like, what metal type, budget?
These are hints that could help us help you
5.gif

Have you looked through the SMTR threads and found any styles you are really fond of? Do you have a deigner you are fond of?
If you need help finding places for inspiration, just say so and we can make many suggestions..
I would suggest narrowing it down a little, then posting again with the above specs - I''m sure we will be more than happy to help you find some new bling !
Also, if you do have any photos of your current ring, if you don''t mind to post them perhaps PS''ers could make suggestions of what would look great with it..?

hope that helps a little,
5.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
IMG_0358_320x240.jpg
sorry, I didn''t realize that my ring didn''t show up. My eternity band is 14k so I suppose I''d want something 14. I still want something delicate so I don''t think I''d want anything over a carat for a solitaire or over 1.5 for a 3 stone. I''m thinking of something in D-G range and eyeclean for sure. I''d like to try to stay around $2, 000 if I can. I did see a ring in a B & M store that I liked, it was a pave cathedral set solitaire and I haven''t seen one since. I''ve been trying to look around for ideas but I''m at a loss. Thanks for your help !

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Love the WF Petite Cathedral setting.

You could also browse some of the Beverley K settings at Pearlman''s. I tried on a few different Bev K cathedral pieces when I was still looking for a setting for my e-ring, and they had some nicely detailed pieces that might complement your band, which has alternating rounds/squares. A simple solitaire with baguette sides instead of pave might be pretty, too, if you like a more tailored look.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like that setting a lot, but I don't actually see it going well with the particular style of your band. Maybe someone with great photoshop skills can prove me wrong! But the way I see it, the bezel-set stones of your band and the tiny shared-prong stones of the petite open cathedral are not complementary styles. There is a pretty similar style on WF that might work better: the Flush-fit cathedral. I like how it has a bezel-set surprise diamond; that brings in the element of your band very nicely.

Also, I'm not sure if this would be "too much" or not, but WF has a cool looking half bezel ring that is a similar style to your band. Perhaps you could even customize it to include alternating round and princess stones like the ones in your band?

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the ideas ! I also saw this one on James Allen''s site.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another one, the more I look the more I find of course

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, running into an issue of 14k not being so popular anymore, any tips on who all still makes 14k gold setting or where I might find some pave 14k yellow gold settings ? thanks

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2008 9:45:32 PM
Author: LBug75
Hmm, running into an issue of 14k not being so popular anymore, any tips on who all still makes 14k gold setting or where I might find some pave 14k yellow gold settings ? thanks
I''d give the good folks at Whiteflash a call. They''ll make you anything you want.

Looking at your eternity band, because it has two very distinct shapes to it, I''d do something without side stones. The two styles might compete with each other. I like your idea of a three stone better. That''s something you can easily combine with your eternity band.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
It seems like whatever I do I will have to have something custom made, especially as I want to stick with 14 K, so frusrating though

I see I'm not the only one though who has the idea of pave with a unique band like mine LOL Check this thread out !!

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
The more I think about it gemgirl, I think you''re right. I think a whiteflash custom would be the way to go. I have really been wanting to get my diamond from them anyways, so that would work out well. I think the only thing with a custom setting is that I''ll really have to decide on a carat size for the center, I''m afraid if I want to upgrade later that I might not be able to with a custom setting. Now I have to learn about picking out smaller stones for a 3 stone if I go that route, but I have some ideas floatin around in my nogin'' LOL

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2008 10:12:44 PM
Author: LBug75
The more I think about it gemgirl, I think you''re right. I think a whiteflash custom would be the way to go. I have really been wanting to get my diamond from them anyways, so that would work out well. I think the only thing with a custom setting is that I''ll really have to decide on a carat size for the center, I''m afraid if I want to upgrade later that I might not be able to with a custom setting. Now I have to learn about picking out smaller stones for a 3 stone if I go that route, but I have some ideas floatin around in my nogin'' LOL
LOL LBug, I suffer from the same thing. I always have design ideas floating around my head and plans to buy new diamonds for it. That can get you into trouble!

I would suggest that if you really do want to upgrade your center stone a little later on? Make yourself a solitaire for now, use one of their stock settings instead of going custom and go with what Bob calls their "best seller", their Tiffany repro ring in either four prong or six prong. The mounting is $250.- for 14K and $325.- (I think?) for 18K with a platinum head. Then when you''re ready to upgrade that center stone, you can go custom and do a three stone. You could do a three stone now and upgrade later, but you''ll be chucking a much more expensive mounting. It''s totally up to you.

What size center stone were you thinking?

http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=ST6PW&CategID=13

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Kimikocat,
I actually did see a ring on here that was a solitaire with baguettes and round stones on the side, was thinking that something like that would be nice, I''d probably have to have it made, I need to do more checking in to having something made, I''m afraid that a custom job will put me over the budget and I really want to try to stay within it. I am leaning toward a smaller stone but I''d like to get something that is ACA/AGS and I know that that will drive the price up even though it is smaller, which is fine, I don''t mind paying for a stone with an excellent cut. I still think that I''ll try to go with a J or K to help keep the cost down, especially since I''ve seen so many marvelous J''s and K''s here.
emteeth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results