shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for ering to match wedding ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I’m a newbie here, finally posting after lurking and looking at all your beautiful jewellery for weeks. I know women usually search for a matching wedding band to an ering, but I`m going the other way – I need to find an ering that will match my wedding rings!

My wonderful hubby and I have been married for 3 years now (together for 7 years), but we never got an ering. I know it seems crazy but I wasn’t that much into diamonds back then. My wedding band is an “anniversary” ring with diamonds half way around. After wearing it as my wedding ring for several months and everybody congratulating me on my engagement, we got a plain wedding band too to make me finally look married.

I love my 2 wedding rings but would really like to have the “classic” married look with a solitaire. I was thinking of ''sandwiching'' the solitaire in the middle of my 2 rings? Or if necessary I`m willing to wear my plain band on right hand, but I definitely want to keep my real wedding/anniversary ring on my left hand. Now that`s where my dilemma comes in.

I really like the square ideal in a plain 4 prong setting but am also toying with the idea of a round brilliant in a semi-bezel setting. My fingers are quite small (4.25), and my 2 rings are both 3mm wide, so I don’t want the ering to be any wider than that either. Not sure if you can have a semi-bezel on a narrow band and still look as pretty? Another thing is that my wedding ring has diamonds set in combination 4-prong and channel. So I am not sure if a semi-bezel would even go with it… On the other hand, will a square ideal solitaire match my wedding ring full of little RBs? Am I overanalysing this???

19.gif
Oh, also I should say that I`m after a smallish rock (in comparison to other PSers), probably under 0.8.

Alright, after re-reading this, it all sounds a bit confusing. To make it simpler, my first main question is: should I forget about a semi-bezel setting?

Thank You for reading my lengthy post! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
I`ll try to post a picture of my current wedding set so that you can imagine adding in a new sparkly solitaire.
28.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring is from memory ~0.3 TCW, G, VS2 in white gold. The cut probably is not that great, but it sparkles like crazy!

myrings14051981.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My suggestion would be to go to a jeweler that carries a ton of settings and just try on the different styles and shapes. then you can really get an idea of what combo you like. Pics are helpful but I have found that most of the time rings look nothing in person like they do on our computers. some styles I was sure I''d love in person I didn''t and some just didn''t look right on my hand. Sounds like a fun project though!!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you should forget about a semi-bezel ering at all... I think the right one would look very lovely with your band!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''ve done a little bit of searching for bezel rings with a 3mm width and they seem to be hard to find that thin. Here are a couple though:

http://www.christianbauerusa.com/ringimage.php?id=43

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=3480&page=1&show_all_pages=1&col=2&row=12&pos=35&set_shape=

I think the Christian Bauer in white gold would look great with your bands.
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thank You for your advice, mrssalvo & oobiecoo!!! I`ll definitely go and try some of the styles in a jewellery store... That`s the fun part after all, isn''t it?
2.gif

Oobiecoo, thank you for searching for the semi-bezel settings for me. I have seen the bluenile one before, but it`s the first time I`ve heard of Christian Bauer. They both look great and I`ll definitely keep them in mind!

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
I love your wedding band! It''s so unique and beautiful. I''ve never seen anything like it. It''s kind of modern and vintage at the same time. I think it looks absolutely perfect with a plain band. If you want a solitaire e-ring, I wonder if fishtail prongs work with it? Can''t wait to see what you decide.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hello Ausable!
Thanks a lot for your advice!

I have not heard of fishtail prongs before, so I had to do a bit of a search, but they look amazing!! So different to the classic solitaire and also make a round stone look square! Fishtail prongs are now on my "in love" list...
1.gif
we`ll see what DH thinks.

Thank you!
P.S. Your children are so cute!!!
1.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your wedding band! It is so unique! I am looking forward to seeing what you end up getting to go with it!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Alleyoop!

I love the Krikawa tapered semi-bezel. I`m planning to try on some semi-bezels this weekend to finally get an idea how it`ll look on my finger.

Who knew that choosing an e-ring is so difficult!!! But oh, so exciting
2.gif

krikawabezel.jpg

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thank You Harleigh, I really appreciate that!
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I have an update on my exciting project. DH and I went to several B&M shops today and tried the different styles they had... Not a great range, really, but fun trying on all that bling anyway!
3.gif

What we have found out so far:

1. Semi-bezel is out of the picture. DH doesn''t like it even on its own, and I didn''t really like how it went with my ring.

2. I haven''t realized I have SUCH tiny fingers! 0.5c looked perfect on me, 1c was just ridiculously huge. (He is so lucky!
1.gif
)

3. It seems like RB in 4 prong setting is the way to go for us. Looks beautiful with my wedding ring.

Thanks for listening and all your advice! This site is amazing!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results