shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for diamond stud earrings (WG martini setting)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
35.gif

I''m currently looking for diamond stud earrings set in the 3-prong martini setting in WG. Do you think it''s worth the extra $ for WF''s ACA? How are they compared to an ideal cut RB?

I''m interested in these 2 ACA $1163...what do you guys think?

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1358884.htm#
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1358885.htm

What about these ideal cut RB ($1151):

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6355702
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6356006

These are slightly bigger but are H color and a little more expensive $1316):
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1180495.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1180494.htmhttp://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6356314

Do you think I would be able to tell the difference of the size between the last one and the first two? Is it worth the extra $$$? The first 2 are in my price range though....

thanks,
radiantlover

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
out of the first 2 id go with the ACA''s

The size difference would likely be a little visible between 1 and 3.
with 3 looking slightly bigger.
Its really up to what you prefere between them.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/27/2005 3:08:53 PM
Author: strmrdr

Thanks strmrdr! May I ask why you preferred the ACA''s over the non-branded RB from DCD?

Do you think it''s worth $153 more for slightly bigger diamonds?

sbrennan

Rough_Rock
I bought a pair of studs from Whiteflash in July. They were each 0.466 H VS2 A CUT ABOVE, in platinum martini settings with heavy push-backs. I really love them. They look really white, sparkle like mad and look huge in my ears. When I was looking it seemed that the price of ACAs was not really that much more than lesser quality cuts, so I thought I would go with the best I could afford. Denise was great to deal with and I will order from Whiteflash again.

Sheila

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2005 4:03:16 PM
Author: radiantlover
Date: 9/27/2005 3:08:53 PM

Author: strmrdr

Thanks strmrdr! May I ask why you preferred the ACA''s over the non-branded RB from DCD?

Do you think it''s worth $153 more for slightly bigger diamonds?

not enough info on the dcd diamonds but it is doubtfull they are as well cut as the ACA''s and with the PS discount the ACA''s are cheaper.

$153 relatively isnt that much more and I dont think the cut difference will matter one bit in earrings but the size difference might.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sheila & strmrdr!

I just noticed that WF has ~0.80cttw I/SI Expert Selection diamond stud earrings for $1190...cheaper than all of the ones I found above (I guess because they are I color) and includes the setting and the diamonds are ideal cuts! I''m a little worried as to why they are so much cheaper...

Would anyone be able to tell the difference between an ES ideal RB vs ACA?

thanks,
radiantlover

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2005 4:49:19 PM
Thanks Sheila & strmrdr!

I just noticed that WF has ~0.80cttw I/SI Expert Selection diamond stud earrings for $1190...cheaper than all of the ones I found above (I guess because they are I color) and includes the setting and the diamonds are ideal cuts! I''m a little worried as to why they are so much cheaper...

thanks,
radiantlover
i guess it would depend on who that ''anyone'' is!
11.gif

the ready set es earrings are a great deal...you will be extremely pleased.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2005 4:49:19 PM
Thanks Sheila & strmrdr!

thanks,

radiantlover

On the ears with most ES stones NO.
What you could do is arange to have them pull the 4 diamonds and the presets and talk about them over the phone with you while they are looking at them.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: belle
i guess it would depend on who that ''anyone'' is!
11.gif
....and how close they are to your ears!!
1.gif

I''m one of those people who thinks you can be a lot more forgiving in selecting diamonds for studs than you would those for a ring....

My guess is that from any normal distance, it would be very difficult to see the difference. I bet they''re great!

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think those H's are aljdewey's old H earrings...she upgraded recently from .39s to .57s. She LOVED those stones and was thinking of keeping them AND getting the new ones but couldn't...so according to things she told me previously, the H's are knockouts.

Re: ES vs ACA on the ears...we were visiting WF recently and saw a pair of .75c each ES (the pre-set ones) and we were shocked at how well-cut they were. On the ears, Al was wearing one, and I could see the arrows from about 5 feet away sitting next to her. They were just flashing all over. Both of us were very impressed because we had secretly been wondering just how 'well-cut' they were, us both being cut snobs and all.
31.gif

So in terms of earrings and WF, I'd trust their pre-set ES's after seeing the ones that we tried on...but it depends on inventory and your goal. Some people like to build their own and don't want pre-set, others don't care and just want a good deal and nice stones and the easiest avenue. So it's totally up to the buyer re: what they want to do. But ES or ACA or ES pre-set...I like them all!

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Well I just purchased the preset 0.80cttw ES stud earrings and they will be replacing the 4-prong basket setting with the 3 prong martini setting!!! I''m sooo excited! Since they will have to re-set the diamonds to the new setting, WF will be sending me the IS pics!!! woohoo!
9.gif
Should I ask for a Sarin as well? or is the IS pics good enough?

thanks,
radiantlover

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results