shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for designer for cushion or asscher 2nd w/ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amyg08

Rough_Rock
Hi all! First I want to say thank you for letting me lurk the past week and for providing me with a lot of great info to move forward in my wedding engagement ring upgrade and redesign! I currently have a 1 carat rb in yellow gold that I love, and I will be making the rb into a wg/platinum prong pendant. Now to find a nice wg/platinum ring to add to the set!
emotion-19.gif

After a LOT of searching, I have narrowed it down to either an antique cushion design (halo optional!) or more of an art deco diamond cut - like an asscher or emerald. The designers I have found so far that I really like include Leon Mege (custom emerald cut with sidestones - 4 week turnaround), a local designer here in GA who has a fabulous 2.5 cushion in a split crown halo setting, and I found a NYC designer site online who has incredible asschers and an incredible three stone cushion ring at diamondmatchmaker.com.

I have read a lot on Leon Mege @ artofplatinum and have seen many of the rings displayed here. :) They are to die for!

Has anyone here had experience with diamondmatchmaker? - David Levy is the designer. I searched pricescope and couldn''t find anything and an online purchase like this just makes me (ie the hubby) nervous!
40.gif
I love that three stone cushion on his site so any experiences you have had would be so very helpful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance! Love this site!

Amy
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Amy! You have come to a good place for advice! There are many references here for Leon Mege for sure. He made my solitaire setting as a matter of fact! I wouldn't hesitate going with a vendor for whom you can read references on here. But I would never, ever buy something as expensive as a diamond online from a vendor without references. The vendors on here value their reputations and do everything possible to please their customers, but you'd have no protection at all with an unknown internet vendor. I'd recommend looking at Good Old Gold for asschers, emerald cuts, and cushions. Jonathan will look for a stone for you if you tell him your preferences. Then I would highly recommend Leon Mege for the setting. That would be a very great combination in my opinion!

I just had one more thought. Pearlman's has some Daniel K asscher 2 ct. rings on sale around half price right now if you are interested in getting a top designer ring at a terrific price! Of course, I think most of them are around size 6 and they may not be able to be resized, so keep that in mind. The other thing to know is that the photos of the ring are the same for every item in that particular style, so you are not seeing the stone in it's actual size.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS!!
35.gif

I took a close look (for 11pm) and noticed a few things on diamondmatchmaker that made me kinda cringe. Being that I was in Leon''s office for hours yesterday, I am probably over critical right now, but then again, is that a bad thing? Look very closely at the close ups of Leons rings, specifically the edges and the pave. Then look closely at the edges and pave on DMM, majority of them are not clean, smooth, straight, and even. Just my observation... But Congrats on the upgrade!

Whatever you want done I can guarantee you that Leon can do it!

amyg08

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your replies! Who would have thought this would be so difficult? I don''t remember going through this even the first time!
40.gif

First - I loved Pearlmans designs - thank you for the link! I will be looking closer at that site tonight!

I am just getting confuzzled going through the internet and not being able to really be touchy feely with the merchandise! I can''t tell a darn thing from the pics!... Except Leon Mege! I think I need to go spend a day with him and have a fully loaded play day too!
9.gif

Hubby called this am after researching diamondmatchmaker.com - David Levy''s Truly Perfect bands are sold at Jack Kellmer - they look gorgeous - even though I''m not searching for a band just yet - but I think that helps me determine whether or not dmm is reputable... I''m assuming JK is very reputable, correct? Maybe the photos on dmm site are just not clear - ughh I don''t know!
40.gif

Going to look again next week. He wants to go to Pine Bluff to visit Sissy''s Log Cabin. They have a $100,000 asscher that I tried on last time.
4.gif
I had to leave it at the store.
8.gif
Bad Hubby!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU again for your help! I will be updating ps as my search continues! Hopefully with a finished picture at the end!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results