shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for China

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JShaw2

Rough_Rock
Can anyone here help me? I got married 6 years ago and never unpacked my china because we haven''t had room in our previous houses. We now do so I unpacked it only to find that we only have 7 place settings. It is now discontinued! I''ve looked around online, but can''t find any sets being sold. I''m hoping to get 1-3 more at least. :)

The china I''m looking for is Crate & Barrel Platinum Line. It was discontinued in 2007. If anyone can help I''d appreciate it! Thanks!

JShaw2

Rough_Rock
That''s the right pattern. I actually went to that same site, but a cup and saucer alone is 39.99 there!!! I''d like to get the whole place setting together to save some $. :) Thanks for the reply!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
may i asky why? if you haven''t used it in 6 years, you may not ever use the additional place settings. why not a set for 4 that will due for smaller events but blend well with your existing set for7?

my china hasn''t been out of the box for perhaps 20 years.....i really need to sell it.

movie zombie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can always do a search on ebay and have them email you if items ever appear for sale. Almost everything eventually comes up!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to MZ''s suggestion. It looks like from the pic that you have white china with a platinum rim - mine is very similar. I''ve added a couple of pieces to my set (holiday accent plates, salt and pepper) that are other brands, but fit right in. With a simple pattern, I think you''ll find that you can supplement with another brand/pattern and no one will be the wiser. If on a budget, one of the first places I''d check is Tuesday Morning - I always see TONS of china with simple patterns there and the prices are a steal. Another idea is to buy an inexpensive set (I always see these at department stores for the $200 or so, sometimes less on sale) for very large gatherings, and to use your actual wedding china when you have a more intimate group.

Also echoing MZ, maybe a full set isn''t even necessary. I have a service for 12, but I really only use it for smaller gatherings, because for bigger things, there''s a lot more food and thus I need all my everyday serving dishes (which are Fiestaware...definitely don''t go with white china!). Granted, it''s nice to have the service for 12 in case I host thanksgiving or christmas someday, but considering I have a dining table that sits 4, it will be awhile before I need more than 6 settings. If your situation is anything like mine, maybe it makes sense to keep your set as is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results