shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for baguette semi-mount

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a new setting for my oval cut. I want a simple setting with a baguette on each side but every one I seem to find really shows too much of the prong that holds the end of the baguette closest to the diamond. When I look down I want it to look like diamond, diamond diamond. Not diamond, bit of metal, diamond, bit of metal, diamond. Has anyone seen one like that?

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one by Sara C. that would probably show well from the top.

Elevations of the center and side stone may also play a part. If you like the look of Verragio rings (and some Tacori), setting the center stone up high and the side stones on a different plane can give you a top-down appearance that makes it look like diamond-diamond-diamond. If you have a decent-sized center stone, on a higher elevation, some of these settings cause it to overhang the side stones just a bit so you don''t see the inner prongs of the side stones. I haven''t seen good pictures online, this may be something you have to see in person to understand the effect. This is kind of the idea, but without a good top-down view. Here is another.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results