shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for an all natural baby lotion! please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
I am currently searching for an all natural baby lotion. I found one that''s very promising at my local health food store. It''s made by a company called Rainbow Research Inc. Has anyone used their product before? do you like it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
our infant class told us not to use baby lotion and to use EVOO if you have to use something.

i don''t put lotion on our baby but i do put some vaseline on his dry spots sometimes. EVOO just makes me think of an oily baby...but maybe it works!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t tried the brand you mention. But California Baby is all natural.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Why does a baby need lotion anyway. Their skin is perfect. I don't think they need any product unless they have a medical issue.

Do any of the "natural" lotion products list their ingredients?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 2:32:08 AM
Author: swingirl
Why does a baby need lotion anyway. Their skin is perfect. I don''t think they need any product unless they have a medical issue.

Do any of the ''natural'' lotion products list their ingredients?
Burt''s Bee''s Baby Bee products list all the ingredients.

Babies in magazines may have perfect skin, but plenty of real life babies do not.

I do use lotion and oils on Daisy as she has very dry skin (like me) and needs moisturisers or it starts to crack. If her skin is good then I use Apricot Oil and BB''s Baby Bee Skin Cream on her, when it''s very dry then I use Emulsifying Lotion from the chemist and rub it in 4 times a day. As a result, her skin looks pretty perfect most of the time.

swl

Shiny_Rock
i suppose baby lotion absorbs more quickly compare to just oil? I don't know, I am doing a search for a friend. While she's busy being a mom, I want to help her to do some research about baby products :)

i have heard many good reviews about california baby, but it's a bit expensive for a tiny bottle of product :razz: that's why i want to see if there are any other good replacements.

as to ingredients, i believe all , natural or commercial products, have to list out their complete ingredient list. That's why it's so important ready the ingredient list cause that's what you are really put on your skin.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
You can look up any product's safety ratings here link most lotions, even if "natural" are not OK for babies as they contain parabens or phytoestrogens. Some of the most popular natural essential oils can cause baby boys to develop excessive breast tissue and are possibly linked to hormone issues with girls. Natural does not necessarily mean safe. Lead, arsenic, hemlock, etc. are all natural.

ETA: Rainbow Research Co's baby lotion was not listed but their other products all scored in medium risk. Here is a list of lotions that are listed as causing no harm, but I would just stick to evoo: link

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 12:28:01 AM
Author: Mara
our infant class told us not to use baby lotion and to use EVOO if you have to use something.

i don''t put lotion on our baby but i do put some vaseline on his dry spots sometimes. EVOO just makes me think of an oily baby...but maybe it works!
Was there a reason why lotion was not to be used?

I have found that the lansinoh BFing cream is even better than vaseline or aquafor for the really dry spots when drooling became a problem.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
We just used Olive Oil on some dry patches. I don''t think any lotion is really great for a baby''s skin. I''d stick to the all natural stuff.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: not using lotions, they just told us babies don''t NEED lotions and if you have to use something on dry patches to use EVOO. J has relatively fine skin except for dry patches on his cheeks and a few on his legs. vaseline clears them up within 1/2 a day, i don''t even use it that often. i might just try dabs of EVOO since is it pretty pure.

the irony is that 500 people gave us baby lotions, and oils, so we have all these diff brands and types haha. and powders too, which we don''t use. the only thing we use right now on him is butt paste and aveeno natural oatmeal shampoo and body wash (but for the first month we only used water, no soap).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results