shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a Replacement Engagement Ring

emeraldhunter

Rough_Rock
We have been married 12 years, and my wife's engagement ring was stolen during a burglary about 6 years ago. We loved the ring: emerald ring.jpg
It has never turned up, but I look for it occasionally on ebay. I would like to find a peer ring that we could be excited about. I am open to suggestions! I found the following ring on ebay:
pic 1.jpg
pic 2.jpg
Do you have an concerns about this ring? How concerned should I be that it is double listed? I don't like it as much as the original ring.
I also thought this ring was affordable and fun, but I was putoff by the artificial stones. Thoughts? Feel free to 'educate' my taste in rings!
pic 3.jpg a

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry your wife’s ring was stolen. Emeralds are tricky so you might get better advice in the CS forum. Does it need to be true vintage/antique or would your wife be happy with sourcing an emerald and recreating the same or an inspired by setting?

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought from AC Silver and find his pictures to not really resemble the stone as much as I think they should. I got push back when I was not happy with the saturation. I have been much happier with Weldon’s of Dublin and have been a repeat customer. Weldon’s refunded me without even me having to ask when I asked for a ruby to be certified, as they said it was unheated Burmese, and it turned out to be heated.

emeraldhunter

Rough_Rock
I’m sorry your wife’s ring was stolen. Emeralds are tricky so you might get better advice in the CS forum. Does it need to be true vintage/antique or would your wife be happy with sourcing an emerald and recreating the same or an inspired by setting?

I think recreation would be fine, but I was worried that it would be prohibitively expensive. Do you have experience with that?

emeraldhunter

Rough_Rock
I have bought from AC Silver and find his pictures to not really resemble the stone as much as I think they should. I got push back when I was not happy with the saturation. I have been much happier with Weldon’s of Dublin and have been a repeat customer. Weldon’s refunded me without even me having to ask when I asked for a ruby to be certified, as they said it was unheated Burmese, and it turned out to be heated.

Thank you for this review! If you are not happy, do they take a returns, or is that a difficult process? I am off to look at Weldon's. Thank you for that tip!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if you are in US or not, and what taxes/duties would be. In US could have David Klass give a quote, maybe budget $1,800-2,000 and that would leave $3,000 for the emerald. One of your inspiration pics isn’t an emerald and if you are open to diamond or sapphire center stone that might be easier. Emeralds are so tricky to photograph and judge color from pics.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
I also stay away from any seller that photoshop and "doctor" their pictures. @emeraldhunter , what is your budget? Romanov Russia has some dream items, at least for me.

emeraldhunter

Rough_Rock
I am still trying to figure out the budget.
I also stay away from any seller that photoshop and "doctor" their pictures. @emeraldhunter , what is your budget? Romanov Russia has some dream items, at least for me.

Maybe 5k. I will checkout Romanov Russia. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results